Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2002 7:58:12 PM EDT
When does GWB move militarily against Iraq?

A) before summer
B) during summer
C) after summer and before elections
D) after elections and before year's end
E) next year

OR... secret option: F) he won't.

(six choices wouldn't fit on poll)

Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:02:52 PM EDT
[#1]
First!

Oh wait, I thought I was on AICN...
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#2]
You should have included "WHENEVER THE POLLS SAY THAT IT IS POLITICALLY SAFE FOR HIM TO DO SO" as an option.

Gawd he is a limp deeeeeck.  And I voted for the bastard.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:10:46 PM EDT
[#4]
My guess is he won't.  That's a very different war than A'stan.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Around September, possibly October.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#6]
You're assuming they've crossed his proverbial line in the sand and that he's done nothing. Watch the media campaign for a while, they're just warming up. After all, they only recently "discovered" Hussein's pay increase to suicide bombers (outrageous! let's go to war).

Have a little patience and faith. I don't think he'll cave on the issue. Also, just because many Americans want to go to war with Iraq doesn't mean that we should.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 9:26:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You're assuming they've crossed his proverbial line in the sand and that he's done nothing. Watch the media campaign for a while, they're just warming up. After all, they only recently "discovered" Hussein's pay increase to suicide bombers (outrageous! let's go to war).

Have a little patience and faith. I don't think he'll cave on the issue. Also, just because many Americans want to go to war with Iraq doesn't mean that we should.
View Quote

I have no idea what to make of what you just said. [>:/]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 9:34:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#9]
[whacko][whacko][whacko][whacko]

Sure dude, whatever you say
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:12:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I would think that he would do it before the election (if it is still popular), there is just nothing better to boost a president than a popular war (that we are winning)
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#11]
When the dog starts waggin'.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 10:57:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Around the anniversary of 9/11.

-kill-9
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 11:14:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Who cares about war,when is GWB going to condem the enron criminals publicly!!!!!!!

1 After they give campaign money

2 After he trys to get iraq,cause his dick head father couldn't do it.

3 When he learns how to speak!!! DUH!!!

4 When he and his kids stop being a drunk!!!!

just stating the facts[:D]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 11:15:20 PM EDT
[#14]
....... and it is congress that makes that decision to declare war not duh GWB for satans sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 12:47:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Has it occurred to anyone that maybe he's allowing the military to get its sh*t together? Iraq will be tougher than the Taliban, and we'll have less help. Clinton wrecked military readiness. I still think GW's smart by surrounding himself with experienced folks that know, for the most part, what's what. I don't agree with EVERY thing he does or stands for, but I think he's being very presidential and that's refreshing. What's the hurry?
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 2:57:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll go with very soon.

I think it will be somewhat hypocritical to tell the Israelis to stop and then the US go after Sadam but I think he will do it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:55:16 AM EDT
[#17]
BTT
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:28:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Does bombing a SAM radar site count?
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:40:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Where is the never button?
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:56:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Scarecrow..

Never was the secret option (F)
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:18:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My guess is he won't.  That's a very different war than A'stan.
View Quote

I can only hope you are correct.

(Something is driving this Iraq mess and I can't figure out what.  And no it's not the possibility of weapons of mass destruction but that said I still don't have a clue as to what.)
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:35:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Who cares about war,when is GWB going to condem the enron criminals publicly!!!!!!!

1 After they give campaign money

2 After he trys to get iraq,cause his dick head father couldn't do it.
View Quote

Okay people, now don't stare at [b]kentstate4[/b]. Some people are just born that way.

This is why brothers and sisters shouldn't marry. (he sure plays a mean banjo though) [%|]

3 When he learns how to speak!!! DUH!!!
View Quote

It's "condemn" not "condem" (unless you mean "condom" which is what your father should have worn while mounting his sister to conceive you).

And it's "Enron" not "enron", and "tries" not "trys", and "Iraq" not "iraq".

4 When he and his kids stop being a drunk!!!!

....... and it is congress that makes that decision to declare war not duh GWB for satans sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

Okay - okay. Don't get frustrated!!

Now see the little scribbles at the top of the page? Those are called "words".

Some people are able to look at those and "READ" them.

Someday, some very smart men might come up with a cure for what you have and then maybe you can "READ" too!

Wouldn't you like that?

Yeah, I thought so.

Okay now, let go of Mr. PeePee and put your pants on now. We're going to the ZOO!!! You like the zoo, don't you? [:)]

Link Posted: 4/5/2002 5:56:20 AM EDT
[#23]
kentstate4

Your comments will be greatly appreciated at the democratic underground. So go there and put your head back in the sand with the rest of the extreme left wing.

Link Posted: 4/5/2002 6:01:34 AM EDT
[#24]
I believe that Bush is already backing off on support for Israel, what with refusing to call Araphat a "terrorist".  Makes me question his resolve and commitment to fighting "terrorism", unless it's directly affecting the U.S.

What makes anyone think the American dissatisfaction with Iraq is anything more than a whim, a passing fancy, a distraction from episodes of Survivor or the NFL?  If there are no more direct attacks on US soil or major US installations, we'll never go to Iraq.

War is hell, and *very* expensive, in dollars and American lives. That is not something most people are willing to sacrifice for "somebody they don't identify with who lives way the heck over there in some foreign country I can't even pronounce."
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 6:07:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Does anybody else remember "Short Attention-Span Theater"?

[;)]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 6:21:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are right there.

My View: I hope we don't go to war against Iraq.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 7:17:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You are right there.
My View: I hope we don't go to war against Iraq.
View Quote

What does "declaring war" have to do with engaging in military action against Iraq?

The Gulf War and Operation "Enduring Freedom" were essentially undeclared "wars". The same will happen again with Iraq. It's the 21st Century way of conducting war.

BTW [b]libertyof76[/b], why do you oppose military action against Iraq?
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 10:30:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The Gulf War and Operation "Enduring Freedom" were essentially undeclared "wars". The same will happen again with Iraq. It's the 21st Century way of conducting war.

View Quote

And the Consitution is an outdated document too. Attacking another country for their soldiers "throwing babies out of incubators" is a good enough reason alone.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, you're just being an tool of the democratic propoganda machine.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#30]
I think the current problems in Israel are forstalling any move against Iraq.

Until that quiets down, and the Arab countries get back on our side, we will not attack. I think a campaign through Turkey will be too difficult.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#31]
George Bush's Poll numbers are so high right now, I don't see him risking them (soldiers body bags) before the elections. How is the resupplying of Cruise missiles coming along?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top