Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 4:37:10 PM EDT
Any advice?  Did you?  How?  I'm only about 8 wks along, but this being #4 I'll be showing and in those ridiculous maternity pants in oh, about 5 minutes, but I was just wondering if/how you carried when you as your belly grew.  

Thanks,

-Mrs.Monk
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:23:16 PM EDT
[#1]
With all of those raging hormones that pregnant women tend to encounter, carrying may not be such a good idea

On a serious note, have you thought about an ankle holster?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Shoulder holster is my recomendation.....bye month 4 I couldn't see my ankles, much less get to them.......
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You've never been around pregnant women, have you, grasshopper?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't carry once I started getting larger. I didn't  like the idea of a carry purse and belts were out of the question as well as in the waistband holsters. Ankle holster is an idea, because once you get so large, you can't tie your shoes, let alone get a gun from your ankle. A shoulder rig is a good idea.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You've never been around pregnant women, have you, grasshopper?

ya know, I was just thinking about concealment.  I didn't even think about her having to get to it.  Shoulder rig sounds like a much better idea.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:04:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Do they sell maternity belly band holsters
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:09:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I could just see myself flat on my face trying to get a gun from my ankle he
Thanks for the ideas.  I'll check into shoulder rigs.  I just may have to resign myself to not carrying while pregnant but I want to look into all options.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:16:54 AM EDT
[#8]
By FAR one of the more interesting CCW threads!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:43:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

yep
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:33:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep

+2  I have a fanny pack that my 1911 fits in with spare mags.  I loved it until I got prego with Wyatt.  I've hated it every since.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:58:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Carrying while preggers... hmmm...  Not an issue I'll likely have to contend with, as at my ripe old age, if I turn up prego, I will just shoot myself...

Still, the ankle holster thingy did have me LOL...  I could just picture myself all huge and pregnant, rolling around on the ground like an upended turtle, trying to get a gun out of an ankle holster...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:16:35 AM EDT
[#12]
SmartCarry worked well for me until about 7mo along with #3.  Then it was Coronado purse time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:32:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Yeah, I could just see myself flat on my face trying to get a gun from my ankle

I don't like the idea of a carry purse either.  Besides, I'm usually carrying a diaper bag for my 11 month old instead of a purse anyway.  
Thanks for the ideas.  I'll check into shoulder rigs.  I just may have to resign myself to not carrying while pregnant but I want to look into all options.

Y'know.. you could probably sew in a holster (or a strap to hook a holster) into a diaper bag... you're carrying it already, and if you had your hand in it...no one is gonna think anything when you are with a kid anyway.

Congrats on the pregnancy..... BTW 11 month old?  Didn't waste no time on the second fourth one did you?

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, I could just see myself flat on my face trying to get a gun from my ankle

I don't like the idea of a carry purse either.  Besides, I'm usually carrying a diaper bag for my 11 month old instead of a purse anyway.  

Y'know.. you could probably sew in a holster (or a strap to hook a holster) into a diaper bag... you're carrying it already, and if you had your hand in it...no one is gonna think anything when you are with a kid anyway.

Congrats on the pregnancy..... BTW 11 month old?  Didn't waste no time on the second fourth one did you?

No Expert

I was thinking the same thing.  Also - in *most* places - who's gonna try to steal a DIAPER BAG?!?

FWIW, I like the idea of a "tactical diaper bag." (with "Tactical...." everything else, why *not*?)

I can see it now: "Excuse me, ma'am.  Do those come in MARPAT?"  

Or "There weren't enough nylon straps on the Tactical DB 210 model, so I went with the 220."

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:59:15 AM EDT
[#15]
a tactical diaper bag sounds good, but then again, those things are so complicated these days that I'm not sure I'd be able to locate the holster section if I needed it.  The last one I had had about 40 different pockets, 20 yards of velcro, and at least 14 zippers.  I guess if you managed to find one that was a little more simple, then a holster addition would be a good idea.  

BTW, congrats!  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:03:38 AM EDT
[#16]
My Mom actually pulled a piece on a lady while she was carrying me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the congrats and suggestions.

Yep, 11months old - she'll be 12 months 3/22 - so, um, although we didn't plan to we certainly didn't waste any time :)

Now, I like the idea of a tactical diaper bag.  Gonna have to look into that.  That is the one thing I always have with me.  I'd like the see the look on the kids face at Babies R Us when somebody comes in looking for a "carry diaper bag" LOL!  

- Mrs.Monk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top