Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/2/2003 9:59:56 PM EDT
Was wondering what you other guys do who carry pistols concealed. Since I was 16 I've carried a Leatherman on my right hip, And have been carrying a handgun concealed for the past year plus. I still carry my leatherman on my right hip, just in front of my IWB holster. I have been thinking this may cause me trouble some day, if I draw my weapon in a hurry. I practice with dry runs and live runs often enough that I don't THINK it's really a problem. I have never had a noticeable "drag" on the tool when drawing from concealment. I was thinking that I should just move my Leatherman around to my left hand side behind my spare magazine holder, but my right hand can't get at it there, and I reach for my right hip by instinct. I havn't yet had an issue with flashing my gun while pulling out my Leatherman, but thats also a concern. I feel naked without both my Leatherman and my pistol on my hip. So, my question is this: What do you guys do? (I know, I know... like this is the biggest problem facing the free world right now [}:D] )
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:18:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:23:42 PM EDT
I agree, wear on your left hip and if you can't do that, then move it forward and move your weapon back closer to the small of your back. Is a good/comfortable spot unless you are sitting down. Where you hide your weapon depends alot on the climate, your clothing, your weapon/size, etc....
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:56:02 PM EDT
Yup, I had to switch back pockets for my wallet after I started carrying. I didnt want to lift my shirt up too far one day and show something I shouldnt.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:02:09 PM EDT
I'm a rightie, and I carry my Leatherman Wave in my left hip, and put it my right hand. I carry my Benchmade 910 Stryker in my right, or when I go to the range(no CCWs for the PRK), I carry my gun in the right side.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:04:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By warlord: (no CCWs for the PRK
View Quote
Untrue
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:21:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Snorkel_Bob:
Originally Posted By warlord: (no CCWs for the PRK
View Quote
Untrue
View Quote
Yeah you're right. In L.A. county it is difficult, but not impossible. You need special political connections to a judge, be an actor/actress, or connections to the Chief of the PD.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:21:21 PM EDT
Untrue[/quote] Well, for all practical purposes, it is essentially true for the unwashed masses. Sure, if you live in certain places, or are a real anti like Sean Penn or Diane Feinstein you can get one, but what about the guy in Pasadena, Los Angeles, San Francisco, etc., who has 10 years experience in the military, with a clean criminal record. For him, the answer is NO
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:44:51 PM EDT
Its those counties that are killing California. The cental valley is pretty conservative. Quite nice
Top Top