Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/28/2004 2:27:53 PM EST
I am thinking of taking a ride to seattle. I have a cc permit. Does Amtrak have any rules against this? Is it like taking a plane as far as security goes? Has anybody here ever carry concealed on a train?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:34:10 PM EST
I believe that Amtrak is completely anti - I dont know if they have any type of security/detection, however, I am fairly confident it is against the rules. Obviously, you would need to comply with the CCW / peaceable journey law of every state you are in. I carry wherever legal.....company policies not included. If a company sees it and doesnt like it, I will leave....its not breaking the law as long as you comply once it becomes an issue.

Better off driving your own vehicle, or renting one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:08:32 PM EST
I live in Virginia and am licensed to carry concealed. After 9/11, I carried for about two years on the VRE, a Washington DC commuter train. The crews are all Amtrak. I carried my Walther P-99 in a Dillon bag with two extra mags. Nobody was ever the wiser. Several months ago, the railroad started having stealth armed guards on every train. Although I have yet to see any signs or Internet info stating we can no longer carry, I'm a bit reluctant to risk getting popped by a guard who thinks I'm a bad guy. I drive to work now. Since I now work in Quantico rather than DC...it's a lot easier.
Top Top