Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 3:27:53 PM EDT
I am thinking of taking a ride to seattle. I have a cc permit. Does Amtrak have any rules against this? Is it like taking a plane as far as security goes? Has anybody here ever carry concealed on a train?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:34:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe that Amtrak is completely anti - I dont know if they have any type of security/detection, however, I am fairly confident it is against the rules. Obviously, you would need to comply with the CCW / peaceable journey law of every state you are in. I carry wherever legal.....company policies not included. If a company sees it and doesnt like it, I will leave....its not breaking the law as long as you comply once it becomes an issue.

Better off driving your own vehicle, or renting one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I live in Virginia and am licensed to carry concealed.  After 9/11, I carried for about two years on the VRE, a Washington DC commuter train.  The crews are all Amtrak.  I carried my Walther P-99 in a Dillon bag with two extra mags.  Nobody was ever the wiser.  Several months ago, the railroad started having stealth armed guards on every train.  Although I have yet to see any signs or Internet info stating we can no longer carry, I'm a bit reluctant to risk getting popped by a guard who thinks I'm a bad guy.  I drive to work now.  Since I now work in Quantico rather than DC...it's a lot easier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top