Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/25/2009 10:49:59 AM EDT
would you do it if it wasn't allowed?  My wife and I just got in a huge argument about it.  I see it as a huge place with lots of people which increases the chance of an incident.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:51:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
would you do it if it wasn't allowed?  My wife and I just got in a huge argument about it.  I see it as a huge place with lots of people which increases the chance of an incident.

Yes. I do a lot of shit that isn't allowed. It's only illegal if you get caught.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:51:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I always have a gun with me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Concealed means concealed.

If you have to use it..........................rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#4]
i feel like shit though because she took off without me and we were going to see my step-father in law who is in the hospital
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i feel like shit though because she took off without me and we were going to see my step-father in law who is in the hospital

Shouldn't have told her. Easy enough.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I suspect you will be/are in trouble.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:55:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Concealed means concealed.

If you have to use it..........................rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

+1
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#9]
i used the normal arguments like schools are gun free zones but that doesnt stop criminals from shooting them up.  
she said nothing was going to happen
so I used the seat belt metaphor.  
she said it was illegal
so i said it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by six
and she dismissed that as just quoting arfcom
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep and telling her, "Well, the guys on arfcom said XXXXXX." ain't gonna get you out of it.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:57:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Is it allowed in your state?  Here the only place you can't carry is the courthouse.  You can carry in bars, hospitals, police stations, etc.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:57:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who cares, if she does not like she knows where the door is.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it allowed in your state?  Here the only place you can't carry is the courthouse.  You can carry in bars, hospitals, police stations, etc.

Courthouse carry is allowed in MN if you notify the Sheriff in writing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

she saw me put it on.  in the past i have been able to slip it on without her noticing if i think there is going to be a problem.  but i am carrying a g17 in a belly band today so it was a little tough.  she has no problem with me carrying when we go to the 24 hour walmart in a bad neighborhood late at night
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:58:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep and telling her, "Well, the guys on arfcom said XXXXXX." ain't gonna get you out of it.

AKA-No Pie For You.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:58:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

in VT its government buildings and schools.  not sure about NH (where we were headed)
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:00:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Did you miss that shes my wife?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:24:58 AM EDT
[#17]
It is none of anyone else's business whether or not I'm armed.  If they are so afraid of armed people they should learn to be polite and quit pissing people off.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#18]
I have carried a pistol on me everywhere I have gone since I was 19 years old. For many of those years I had no permit. I always carried a pretty big pistol too. As long as you dress right and don't act stupid you won't have a problem. There is no safe time. There is no safe place. Never leave home without you medium bore handgun. Period.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. I do a lot of shit that isn't allowed. It's only illegal if you get caught.

Yup.  This one.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you miss that shes my wife?

No.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Allowed by the hospital or by law? In my state they do not prohibit hospital carry (even though some of the places have no firearms signs). However, it is illegal to carry in a place that offers mental health services (to keep the crazies from shooting up the place no doubt) and all trama centers are required to provide mental health services, so...

ETA: I don't know what I typed all that since it has little to do with the question.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Illegal in Michigan.  

Hospitals can be a place where lives are changed and emotions run rich.  Hospital parking lots can also be dangerous places.  Guns are not MRI / CT friendly.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#23]
What sign?  Did you see a sign?  I didn't see a sign.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#24]
I wouldn't have a firearm anywhere near an MRI room.  A CT doesn't have the same kind of magnet/metal problem––if you are wearing one when you are CT'd it'll cause a bunch of artifact on the images, though!

Hospitals are BIG-TIME no-CCW places in OH––instant felony.  In KY, they'll have you hassled in some hospitals if you're caught & they can kick you out.  In IN, I haven't seen any "no guns" signs at hospitals.  

Check your local laws...
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

in VT its government buildings and schools.  not sure about NH (where we were headed)

No law against it in NH. Only place banned by NH law is inside courtrooms.

Assuming you have a NH non-resident pistol/revolver license it would have been 100% legal for you to carry inside a hospital.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:41:36 PM EDT
[#27]
There is a difference between 'allowed' (as in hospital policy) and 'illegal' (as in violation of the law).

The only hospitals that I know of it being illegal to carry in are VA hospitals.  That being said.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#28]
99.999999% of violence in the hospital is going to happen in the ER or the psych ward.

Quoted:
There is a difference between 'allowed' (as in hospital policy) and 'illegal' (as in violation of the law).

The only hospitals that I know of it being illegal to carry in are VA hospitals.  That being said.

this

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:22:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Assuming you have a NH non-resident pistol/revolver license it would have been 100% legal for you to carry inside a hospital.

thanks but can you back that up?  also just so everyone can be at ease we made up and i get to sleep inside tonight
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:25:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks but can you back that up?  also just so everyone can be at ease we made up and i get to sleep inside tonight

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#31]
There may be a shortage of pie around your house.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Perfectly legal in a free state.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

"Honey, your life is worth more to me than my freedom."
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

However, the question is....if you were in a situation where you had to use it, are you willing/ready to deal with the charges that will inevitably be filed?(redundant question )
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:47:48 PM EDT
[#35]
It's not a wife's/anyone's place to decide when or where I carry.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto +1000
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#37]
I live in Indiana and my son got put in the hospital in Kentucky.They had a metal detector and caught me.I showed my permit and they put my gun in a locker and I picked it up when I left.
The next day I came in a diffent entrance with no metal detector.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have carried a pistol on me everywhere I have gone since I was 19 years old. For many of those years I had no permit. I always carried a pretty big pistol too.

There is no safe time. There is no safe place. Never leave home without you medium bore handgun. Period.

There ya go.
Apparently I have a twin brother in Tennesee

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Not allowed here, and no I won't.

HH
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ding ding ding ding!

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#41]
At the hospital i work at it has a no weapons sign on all the entrances.  They even went over no guns on hospital property at orientation with no exceptions even if u have a CCW permit.  The only people ive seen open carry in the hospital are prison guards and police officers while they are guarding a patient/criminal.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Texas Hospitals are CHL off limits but damn if I can understand why. There likely isn't much danger in a hospital to need a firearm but going and coming from the parking lots especially at night and especially for women as a lot of city hospitals are located
in or near inner city slums where the muggers, robbers, rapists, car jackers and other SOBs that need killing hang out and live.

I carry where I deem it is necessary,
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:47:58 PM EDT
[#43]
In New Orleans Hospitals there are Metal Detectors and armed police at every entrance.  No guns, no knifes, no nothing.  Think TSA.  And yes, they keep what they confiscate.
The big Medical Centers even have their own police force and SWAT teams.  Too many Urban Minority Dwellers are bad shots and they try to finish their botched work while the bullet recipient is in the ER

TYCOM
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
At the hospital i work at it has a no weapons sign on all the entrances.  They even went over no guns on hospital property at orientation with no exceptions even if u have a CCW permit.  The only people ive seen open carry in the hospital are prison guards and police officers while they are guarding a patient/criminal.

All the more reason to CCW.  

Who's gonna stop convict after he/she overpowers the guard ?

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, this is one of those situations were lying is OK.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Honey, your life is worth more to me than my freedom."

Now THAT is a good answer.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:23:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Hospitals are usually well established institutions, meaning they have been around a long time. That means they are usually in an older part of town, meaning a bad part of town. You have to find parking, usually off site in a parking garage aka "victim zone". Then you have to walk through an urban battlefield to get to the hospital.
Once inside, you are in a place where emotions can run high. Families come together and that means domestic disputes. Drugs are present as well as mental patients. Cops bring arrests there for treatment, they want to escape and may be willing to do harm in the process. Rules or not, I go heeled.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
99.999999% of violence in the hospital is going to happen in the ER or the psych ward.

Quoted:

this

Or CCU with their detox/psych holds.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:27:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

All the more reason to CCW.  

Who's gonna stop convict after he/she overpowers the guard ?

Obviously a huge problem in hospitals everywhere. I mean, just look at the statistics.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:29:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it's illegal if you do it in Texas.
If you get caught, you get charged and end up without your CHL and a criminal record.

pato

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top