Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2001 7:14:10 PM EDT
I have a removable carry handle..it has an A on the left side by the sight.  It is pretty smooth..no real sharp edges...it came off a Colt...not sure if it is a Colt...does the A mean anything?  I am wanting to know what brand it is...thanks

medcop

e-mail me or post here....a link to a web page with proof marks would also help..thanks again!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#1]
If it looks like this it's a Colt

[img]www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/uppers/colt_carryhandle_proofs.jpg[/img]

Here's a link [url]www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/[/url]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#2]
the A looks the same, but it does not have the -9..other than that..it matches
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Same here, my Colt det. handle has the same "A" but no 9...
I am guessing here, but maybe it's meant for the 9mm AR version.
Only thing I can come up with.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#4]
hey, my bushmaster has a triangle like thing that looks like an A, and then has an A nex to it.  not only colts have an A on it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 12:50:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
hey, my bushmaster has a triangle like thing that looks like an A, and then has an A nex to it.  not only colts have an A on it.
View Quote

Some of the Colts used Bushmaster uppers and AA is an indication it's a Bushmaster. It's all stated on the link I posted above.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 2:40:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Some of the Colts used Bushmaster uppers and AA is an indication it's a Bushmaster. It's all stated on the link I posted above.
View Quote

LOL!  So much for the superiority complex displayed by some of the Colt snobs!
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Oh jeez, now I gotta sell my carry handle, CHEAP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top