Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2002 8:17:50 AM EDT
Can you folks from Indiana update me on the carry laws in Indiana.  It looks as though I may be moving back to Indiana at the end of the month and wanted to make sure I had my facts straight.

Is open carry allowed in Indiana, with a permit?  I always thought it was, had seen a few guys with guns sticking out, but was told once it was not.  Anyone know the proper answer.

Also, what are the restricted areas for carry?
Any help is much appreciated, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:24:48 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Packing.org usually has good information and/or sources for all states....

[url]http://www.packing.org[/url]

(I think the site is down right now) [:(]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#4]
If I recall correctly, nowhere in the Indiana laws does it say that handguns must be carried concealed.  I know it is very rare for people to carry openly, but I do not think it is illegal, but you might get hassled.  You might check with the State Police. [url]www.ai.org/isp/contact/index.html[/url]
I have contacted them with firearms questions before, and they seem willing to help.  

As far as off limit places, I know that schools and locations being used for school activities are off limits.  The riverboats are also off limits.  Courthouses might be on the list too.  I know that cities are not allowed to make their own laws.  If you want to check up on the laws yourself, the entire Indiana Code is searchable at [url]www.in.gov/legislative/ic/search.html[/url]

Hope that helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top