Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2003 11:42:53 AM EDT
Have any of you got any experience with this place? I am not really looking to buy a car really soon, but I'm planning on going here when I do. I like the idea of low no-haggle prices, and it sounds like a decent company to buy from.

Anyways, looking for any opinions on this place.

Shawn
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I avoid them, they are straight up commission sales ppl, which means they are up your ass as soon as ya get there. They wont leave ya the hell alone, their prices are okay at best, not the cheapest. As far as their cars goin through an inspections and all that, who knows, If a car is wrecked and the repair is paid for outa pocket, then the insurance company doesnt know about it, infact nobody but you and the mechanic knows, so those lil reports to see if car has been wrecked are about 50% accurate, IMO. I say check out the reg. dealers and stuff first. Do ALOT of shopping around.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#2]
They are a spin off of Circuit City and they started their first store a couple of miles from here.

They are probably the finest used car dealership around, but you still MUST question how a fairly new vehicle was put back up for sale so quickly.  The product, no matter how well inspected, had a life before they got it.  Most experiences are good, I once had a coworker who took a Dodge Stealth back because it was such a POS, and they have a short satisfaction guarantee.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:58:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I purchased my truck from them recently and can't say enough good things about them.

My only gripe is that I was led to believe that I'd be getting a new cargo cover, when what they meant was that as soon as another vehicle with one comes in, they'll get it for me.

You will find cheaper autos in the local paper/flyer, but you have to do your own research. I've had CarMax turn down a car I drove to them to get rid of, and it was simply because it had been in a fender-bender. I have all their guarantees, policies, etc., in writing, which you will never get solo.

All in all, I'd recommend them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a '98 Audi A6 from them last Friday.

Salesman was very nice and let my wife and I walk around the lot for a while till we had picked out a few cars we wanted to test drive.

Their cars are in impeccable condition. Large verity on the lot.

The A6 was a ValueMax car as it had just over 60K miles. (they have year limits too, but I can't remember what) It looked and drove like a brand new car. And that's coming from an anal retentive, obsessively clean, mechanically inclined engineer (me). This car was very well cared for by its previous owner as most CarMax cars are.

You can beat the prices, but only just by a little.

Financed through CarMax was fast and we were out of there (financing) in about an hour. Plan on re-fi with my credit union for lower rate.

High marks from me. Salesman are a role of the dice...

Best of luck!
--LS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top