Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2004 11:54:27 AM EDT
Okay, I'll admit it. I bought the program back in oh, 1998/1999 or so. Never used it.

Has anyone here atually done whatever his system is? I don't have the materials anymore (living like a hermit for over a year will do that and worse to you). I remember that doing it in Miami was next to impossible, but now that I will be living in areas where the markets aren't as insane, I wonder if it would work.

So..... Anyone know anything about making money in real estate when you don't have much to plop down to begin with?

No comments about the Brooklyn Bridge, please!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#1]
My wife bought the kit for me when I was between (corporate accounting fraud $1.8 billion upper management, $10,000,000 severance package for them, while the rest of us get 8 weeks pay) jobs. It's still in the box.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Send it to me.  I'll try it for you.  At least give you a synopsis.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy it yourself. Mine's gone.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:10:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#5]
My uncle bought it back then, I don’t think he ever tried it then.  He is working towards the point when he can have his own rental properties in FL.  From what I remember of it the gist was to pick up distressed properties by having the owner finance the money and a down payment over a short period of time.  It can be done; it just requires time to find the properties.

I’m looking at doing a similar project for my main income.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:39:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought and put it to use.  The course has a couple key parts, 1st it explains how to buy investment property and what to look for, 2nd it explains different options when it comes to investment properties, 3rd it teaches creative problem solving when it comes to trying to buy a property.  If you are wanting to get into investment property the course is a very good start.

I've only done one property with it, mainly because I've been having fun instead of trying to earn a buck.  I bought the property, fixed some things and had it appraise for almost double in little over a year.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#7]
buy high- sell low...no wait...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:49:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I've read some of the material.

(ok, yes I bought it too)

I was already familiar with the concepts. The course seemed like a "toolbox" of different ways/techniques to buy investment properties. A "shotgun" approach to find what works for you. But it very much depends on local laws and customs. Too much competition in metropolitan areas prevents most, if not all, of the methods from being successful.

I ultimately found my own method and was able to purchase 6 "multi unit" properties in Northern VA just outside Washington DC.

Hint to anyone who may buy the course. They offer a money back guarantee.

When the package arrives, call them and tell them you want to send it back. They will offer to knock %50 off the price if you keep it.

-LS
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

When the package arrives, call them and tell them you want to send it back. They will offer to knock %50 off the price if you keep it.

-LS

Now THAT I'll have to remember!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:01:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-LS

Now THAT I'll have to remember!

It works that way with a lot of things, buddy of mine got a Total Gym on the trial period and when he went to return it they offered a similar discount. It's sort of like when you call your cc company and tell them to kick rocks because you found a lower interest rate.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh, I've done that wit cc's, but never with merchandise. Never gotten an offer like that....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top