Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2014 9:30:15 PM EDT
Have a family friend, USMC, that just got stationed in Afghanistan. I want to send him a care package but I don't have any specific requests from him.

Anyone that's been there and back, what did you need/want/wish you had?

So far I'm thinking magazines, candy, cookies, and a big card signed by as many people as I can find to say thanks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:52:31 AM EDT
I know I get sick of the candy/cookies, trail mix, beef jerky,  kinda of the "healthier" options are always nice.  Dip and cigarettes are nice too, even if he doesn't dip or smoke i'm sure he knows someone that does .
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:46:05 AM EDT
I don't know.....in the year that I've been here, I think I've seen more candy and more "junk food" come in care packages than I'd ever seen in my life.

The two coolest "care packages" I saw while here were:

1) A remote control truck. We had more fun with that damned thing than you can imagine! One dude got a remote controlled helicopter. That was cool too.

2) Some guy's wife sent him a UNICYCLE.........Yep. You read that correctly. He had no idea why either. He had no idea how to ride it. It was the most RANDOM thing I've ever seen. But you know what? We had a LOT of fun watching eveyone try to ride it. Hours upon hours of laughter and entertainment for a dozen guys for months!

So...I'd say......just think outside the box. If you see it and it makes you smile.....I'm betting it'd be worth sending.
Top Top