Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2004 9:06:58 PM EDT
I have a 1999 Ford Expedition.  It has one of those 5 pad touch keys with 1-10 on them.

Anyone know the default number to enter my doors using these pads?

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:17:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Should be in glove compartment on paper label. (5 digit)  May also be somewhere on side of rear door.  Couple other places but don't remember them.  Not visible from outside for obvious reasons.
HTH.

marsh
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Your dealer can reset it, it'll cost ya at least $50, it's like losing a PATS key.   They get to reprogram it and you get to pay a bit of cash.

Edited to add:
I might just be wrong on this.  I'll check the owners manual in our 00 expedition when the wife gets home from work this morning....  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:26:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Why don't you know the number?

You should be able to locate it on the vehicle - in the glove compartment, under the hood, in the trunk.  You can also customize the number - pretty simple to do.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:27:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 1999 Crown Vic, and although I haven't looked in a long time, I believe the number is on the inside of the trunk (which of course, you don't have on an Expedition). Some of the car makers used to put them on the inside of the driver's door, but as was already stated, they're usually not easily seen. I changed mine years ago, and I think if you just called a local Ford dealer, or went to the delaership, they could at least show you how to change the code (it's pretty easy, as I remember).
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I think it's 66666

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Two places to try:

One, check behind the rear trim panel in the back of the Expedition (the cargo area) on the driver's side.  Some people have reported it stamped in the insulation there.

Two, check the "security module".  It's a black box, and it should be behind the right-hand kick panel, high up above the fuse box.  Should be on a sticker.  

Good luck.  My Dad's 1999 Mercury Moutaineer (basically a Ford Explorer) had it back in the cargo area (that's where his security module was located).  Pulled that panel, and there it was plain as day, on a sticker.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:04:46 PM EDT
[#7]
If you have the owners manual, it should tell you where to find the number.  Some vehicles have a card similar to a credit card with the number on it.  This is usually with the owners manual and other info you find in the glove compartment.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:03:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you have the owners manual, it should tell you where to find the number.  Some vehicles have a card similar to a credit card with the number on it.  This is usually with the owners manual and other info you find in the glove compartment.

^^^^^^^^^ It's in your owners pouch of info, it will walk you through changing it. If anyone pays a dealer $50 to do this 2 minute job or the dealer doesn't do it for free as a good will gesture then they are asshats.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:53:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I had a one that was under the trunk lid, try looking around under the hatch on the under side like where you would put your hand to lift it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:08:02 AM EDT
[#10]
FOUND IT!

Thanks guys!

SGatr15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top