Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 4:38:42 PM EDT
Does anybody have any experiance with the Bushmaster carbon fiber AR's?  I am thinking of buying one, and would like some input.

Thanks.

ETA: Anybody?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#1]
love mine.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Does anybody have any experiance with the Bushmaster carbon fiber AR's?  I am thinking of buying one, and would like some input.

Thanks.

I have a 27s carbon 15 pistol. Works flawless, and is extremely lightweight.

I wouldnt use the shitty magazine that it comes with.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Are these things mil-spec?  Do parts inter-change?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Some of the early ones have a few problems, mostly due to tight chambers and using Wolf Ammo and infrequent cleaning... The cases get hot glued into the chamber when you let off a burst, then leave a round in the tube while it cools down. Frequent cleanings seem to be key here.

There is one problem I"d like to se fixed.. The rounds catch with some magazines between the barrel extension and the reciever around it. In time, the plastic wears a divot there and makes it more prone to FTF. New green follower mags work fine, but 20 rounders and older style 30's have the round pointed right at this junction.

Other than that, they are GREAT guns. I run LC SS109 in mine and it absolutely loves it. Very accurate, and handy as hell.

Dave
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The pistol's takedown pins do not line up.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Some of the parts are MS. The trigger group, the bolt and carrier, that's about it. The uppers and lowers will work on standard AR uppers and lowers too.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:48:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys, I think I am going to go ahead and get one.  I just wanted to make sure that these things weren't  junk.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have an AR pistol....the bolt carrier is cut approximately 2/3 the size of a regular bolt carrier.  It makes it not-interchangeable.  I will admit, the pins do interchange with other AR uppers and lowers (specifically Oly and RRA have been interchanged on my Carbon Fiber lower.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the Bushy Carbon M4, I have had no issues and am very happy with it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:55:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That's what I want to hear.  That is exactly the gun I am going to buy.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I assume that this will not be your only AR, if it is get a regular one now and pick this up later. If not, go get it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I assume that this will not be your only AR, if it is get a regular one now and pick this up later. If not, go get it.

I have another M4 Bushmaster, I've just always liked the idea of carbon fiber.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:06:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Heresy!

If you are going to get a carbon AR15, get a light one! Sure, they are all lighter than a conventional AR, but the C-15 rifles have a different feel to them. I have smaller hands and prefer the handguard shape (as do most of my buddies) over a conventional M4 handguard. The sights on the Type97R are really nice, as is having a full length rail as standard.

Dave
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#14]
The M4 comes with carbine handguards, not the fatter  M4 handguards

ETA: had to look at the Bushy website, those 97 rifles are light, wow.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I run mine with a chevron reticle Reflex sight-for speed and accuracy no other gun I've shot is close. Recently, I put a TA31F on it but am going to go back to the reflex because while the Reflex was quick to target and offered a little better accuracy, it spoiled the rifle for what I bought it for: a light, handy carbine that would do the job from 3 feet to 300+ meters. Chest sized rocks at 300 are no problem for this gun...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:49:36 AM EDT
[#17]
I wonder what they were thinking when they made that gun(they sell a complete .22)..... Who wants a $600 semi auto .22 with a 10 round magazine? Were you one of the guys whose magazines got destroyed?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:10:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top