Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2009 2:33:47 PM EDT
Who said the carbon Bushmaster rifle wasn't fit for combat?

The guy is an Iraqi SF soldier, on a training mission. Why exactly does he have a carbon Bushmaster? These Iraqi SF guys seem to get w/e they want, some of the stuff they carry is pretty hilarious.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:37:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll preface this by saying I'm certainly no weapons expert...
but putting such a short barrel on a carbon upper and lower seems to be just begging for problems.

FWIW I'm not even sure how you can say with certainty that it's carbon. Hard for me to see any details in that pic.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:41:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it certainly looks like one:

I'm just puzzled as how they got it into country and why the US would let them use it? Does anyone else make the carbon 15 other than bushmaster?
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:43:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I'll preface this by saying I'm certainly no weapons expert...

but putting such a short barrel on a carbon upper and lower seems to be just begging for problems.

FWIW I'm not even sure how you can say with certainty that it's carbon. Hard for me to see any details in that pic.

Yeah, that's why they put those funny looking breaks on Krinks because the bullet is out of the barrel REALLY fast before the gas has really any time to go down the tube and push the piston and carrier back or the bolt carrier back. Can have some serious reliability issues with that when not having the break that compensates for that, and that dude certianly doesn't have the necessary break on there. Hell, I bet that fucker has a big flash report.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#4]
They like Tapco stuff too:

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like Bushmaster 97S to me too.  Not sure why you'd want to take one into combat...and this is coming from a guy who owns one just like that

As far as the short barrel goes, I have had no problems with mine other thant the stupid large cannon blast that comes out of it.  (or did before I put the AAC Ranger 2 on it)  Fun gun to shoot though...that being said, I still don't think I't trust it's shell in combat conditions.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:51:06 PM EDT
[#6]
My carbon 15 was tits up after about 5 miles on the front of my quad. I was second in line of 4 riders and it would not function at all. They do not like dirt.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:51:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Edit: Nevermind, failed to read the OP. Iraqi SF? No, it doesn't surprise me they'd carry garbage like a Carbon 15.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Bushmaster donations??

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Bushmaster donations??

My guess also.
5sub
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:08:16 PM EDT
[#10]

the second pic with the iraqi in the desert tigerstripes, is the aimpoint on backwards???
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:31:13 PM EDT
[#11]
There was a thread a while ago about some backwaters SWAT team entirely fitted out with those carbon 15 pistols.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:40:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Doesn't look like a Carbon 15 to me. It appears to have a dust cover, which the Carbons do not. Certainly a pistol length barrel on it though.

I disagree, I don't think that is a dust cover; it does appear to be a Carbon.  As near as I can tell.  But that camoflauge does not look like US Special Forces.  Maybe Aussie?
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:47:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Doesn't look like a Carbon 15 to me. It appears to have a dust cover, which the Carbons do not. Certainly a pistol length barrel on it though.

That's what I thought too, but I got home and blew the picture up and that edge you're seeing is the extra rib on the lower that the Carbon-15 has.  It is indeed a Bushy Carbon.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Calling that a pistol length barrel is giving in to the definitions that have been forced upon you by our alien overlords!

thats a short barrel but it has just as much right to be on a rifle as a pistol :-)

T
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Enlarged using bicubic sharper, gained in 16 bit mode:

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I always got a kick out of em...they swore that the knee pads with the plastic cups were bullet proof and would wear two sets on each leg (calf and knee).

They pointed to mine (I wore the neoprene ones...) and said "No Good." "Why?" Made hand motions of a bullet going through them and then of a bullet zinging off theirs.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top