Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2005 2:17:37 PM EDT
If I add a collapsible stock to my carbon 9mm pistol, what are the steps to make it legal???

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:12:19 AM EDT
[#1]
You will need to either make shure the barrel is at least 16" long or register it as a SBR and go through the NFA process.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:25:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You will need to either make shure the barrel is at least 16" long or register it as a SBR and go through the NFA process.

Ditto.

File the form 1 and obtain approval BEFORE actually putting the stock on.

That is, if you ever want to be able to legally own guns again.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:51:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

the barrel lenght is 7.25", what form 1 and other process I have to go through?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:22:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

the barrel lenght is 7.25", what form 1 and other process I have to go through?

Go to www.atf.gov and download NFA form 1.  You will have to fill that out.  You will find more information there on how to fill out a form 1 and the requirements.  You will also have to check on State and local laws as well before doing that.

There is one other option.  You can just add the folding stock to your AR pistol without registering it and spend the next 10 years in Club Fed playing hide the salami with Bubba.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top