Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2002 5:15:51 PM EDT
I just installed a complete new set of weather stripping on my kids car and the stuff is a bit to tight.
The fit seems good and it was installed correctly,I believe.
The doors take a little extra effort to shut and the windows (electric) only go up all the way if the door is open.
I'm thinking of lubing up the jams.
Anybody ever have this situation?
Thanks.
Andy
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#2]
If all the seals are now in good shape the vehicle is now more air tight. So needing a slight bit more effort to close a door is somewhat normal. You might also buy a can of DRY Silicone spray lube to put on the weather stripping. It will allow the glass to slide against the rubber easier. Avoid getting it on the paint as much as possible and then wipe off any excess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top