User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2002 3:11:10 AM EDT
What do you use? I want to put the best I can get on Her[;)]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 4:40:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Maguires  
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 4:57:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I used some stuff called "Fomblin" on my Suburban five years ago and it's still like new.  My truck is ten years old and just last week I got a comment asking if I'd had it repainted.  Incredible stuff.  I've seen Fomblin advertised as an additive to stuff like Turtle Wax but what I got was a bottle of wax called Fomblin.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 5:04:09 AM EDT
[#3]
The whole line of Meguires is good.  Its better for shine as it doesn't offer a great deal of protection.  Blue Coral Professional is a very good wax but is hard to find, do a search to see where you can get it.
Bill3508
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:45:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 7:05:33 AM EDT
[#5]
rn45

Is that a TR-3?
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 8:16:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Meguiars Cleaner wax followed by Meguiars Medallion for an awesome shine.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 8:29:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I second the vote for Zaino -- and remember, it's not a wax it's a polish!
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 8:30:49 AM EDT
[#8]
If you want a serious wax, that's safe on clearcoats, try Collinite No. 915.  It is not cheap ($25 can), but it still beads a year later and is easy to work with.  Collinite makes nautical and aeronautical waxes as well.  I will not use anything else.    
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
rn45

Is that a TR-3?
View Quote

It's a 1960 TR3A. You can tell it's an A by the wide grill. It will be in Lexington Ohio this weekend at the Vintage Grand Prix at the Mid Ohio race course along with a lot of other Triumphs and a large collection of vintage race cars.
View Quote

I love those little British cars. I had a 1974 MGB while I was in High School and College.  I almost bought an Austin Healy(sp?) while in High School.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 9:15:22 AM EDT
[#10]
That is a very nice TR-3.....

A friend from high school was given a TR-6 for graduation, we toyed around with that for a long time... His brother is now doing a full restore.  

His father has a 1953 TR-3, under the tarp in the garage.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 9:21:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Ok Wax-guys, I've got a daily driver that has a clear coat on it from the factory and I would like to know what wax is good for protection from UV, Birdpoop, light scratches, etc....

I don't have a nice older car, so I don't need a great shine, just some good old protection from the elements. I need to protect the paint for when I try to sell it later on.

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 9:56:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm happy to say your search is over.

[url]http://www.zainobros.com/files/info.htm#anchor20946[/url]

[b]Zaino SHOW CAR POLISH[/b]

There are testimonials on places like LS1.com and Stangnet.net that describe Z-2 Show Car Polish with one word. AWESOME! Latest synthetic technology gives Z-2 Show Car Polish the "wettest-looking," deepest, slickest, clearest, richest, distortion-free and longest-lasting finish protection in the industry. These products were originally created for some of the finest custom showcars in the world to enhance and protect their already flawless paintwork. Imagine what it will do for your paint. Z-2 Show Car Polish contains state-of-the-art optical enhancers and gloss additives to show the true color and clarity of your paint. It is 99.9% optically perfect.

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:47:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Zaino is a wax not a polish right?

If so, what protection does a polish offer?
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:28:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:28:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 5:02:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Ya'll are going to talk me into buying some of that ZAINO stuff.  I've been using Liquid Glass for years, but I'll try anything once.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
[url]www.zainobros.com[/url]

This stuff is amazing!!  Very easy to put on and take off, and it lasts a very long time.  It's a little pricey for the initial setup, but if you want the best.....

This is a great auto detailing website and discussion forum like ar15.com  [url]http://autopia-carport.com/forums/index.php[/url]

You can do a search for zaino and get tons of info on it from others that have used it.  Zaino is what all the show car guys I know use.
View Quote

Klasse or Zaino are great products...Check out the Autopia site mentioned above..You will find more than you could ever want to know about cleaning, polishing, and waxing your car or truck.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:42:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Zaino is good stuff.

I use Klasse, two coats of all in one and one of the glaze, then McGuires pure carnuba over that.  On the wifes car I'll run a clay bar over it first about once a year.  A lot of people on the Porsche board like the PS21 carnuba wax as well, but I haven't tried it yet.

Then again, most waxes are pretty good these days.  I like the Klasse because it is easy on and off.  A lot of people swear by paste wax but it is just too much freakin work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top