Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2009 7:44:49 PM EDT
Purchased a new Jeep last week, at the time when I sat down with the finance they told me everything looked good in regards to my credit score and how much I make. This was last thursday.

Monday they called me back, saw that I was married ( I told them that ) and they said the bank (Chrysler Financial) needed my wifes info.

Yesterday they called me back, said they need a check stub from my wife and myself, our most recent.

So, I asked him. Having NEVER been asked for a check stub in the past when financing a new vehicle if everything was okay? He said "yes, its nothing. Sometimes the bank may want to see a check stub if you have a credit score below 700 ( mine is about an average of 680 between the 3 differnt companies)

so...should I be worried or is this typical in this day and age.

P.S. The vehicle I used as a trade in was financed and my monthly payments a little less then $400. This new payment is about $100 more. Kinda worried but not really sure why, I've never been delinquent on anything in my life. Purchased a home about 6 months ago without a hitch.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:19:53 AM EDT
Tag to see what others say.

I financed my jeep with nothing other than my name and a signature and a paid off vehicle for trade in worth a decent amount on trade in.

I would probably talk to someone at the bank and see what they think the dealer is looking for.

I went with dealer financing to take my jeep home that day and recently refinanced with my local bank because I trust them more than gmac, the jeep dealer also has gm stuff so that is how I got gmac financing.

To me a check stub means they want to check my bank account which I don't know about letting them do or they want to automatically withdraw payment which I never want them to even consider.

I have to have direct depost for my work, other than that no one gets close to my bank account info.  Way too easy for them to mess it up with an accidental double withdraw or something.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:26:19 AM EDT
Like a voided personal check from your account or a paystub from your employer?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:28:13 AM EDT
Common
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:29:10 AM EDT
Unless your wife is co-signing on the loan then there is no reason they should need her information.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:32:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Msokol13:
Purchased a new Jeep last week, at the time when I sat down with the finance they told me everything looked good in regards to my credit score and how much I make. This was last thursday.

Monday they called me back, saw that I was married ( I told them that ) and they said the bank (Chrysler Financial) needed my wifes info.

Yesterday they called me back, said they need a check stub from my wife and myself, our most recent.

So, I asked him. Having NEVER been asked for a check stub in the past when financing a new vehicle if everything was okay? He said "yes, its nothing. Sometimes the bank may want to see a check stub if you have a credit score below 700 ( mine is about an average of 680 between the 3 differnt companies)

so...should I be worried or is this typical in this day and age.

P.S. The vehicle I used as a trade in was financed and my monthly payments a little less then $400. This new payment is about $100 more. Kinda worried but not really sure why, I've never been delinquent on anything in my life. Purchased a home about 6 months ago without a hitch.

The auto finance industry is in uncharted territory..  I've been asked for POI Proof of Income, on 800+ beacon scores..

This is not unusual..  FWIW, I deal with Chrysler Financial every day..

Oh, & I didn't just stay at a holiday inn express last night..  I'm a finance manager at a dodge dealership..
Top Top