Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2003 1:41:04 PM EDT
Ok, so people come here asking about cars and stuff, so I thought I'd throw my bone out there.  

Some of you recall, I currenly drive a Honda Insight.  I love it, and it gets me great mileage, but I'm itching for more performance.  Don't get me wrong, the Insight handles surprisingly well, and DOES have some get up and go.  Unfortunately, it's greatly affected when the A/C is running, and it's getting to that time of year.  

My commute just got shorter with the new apartment, so I'm only going to be driving maybe 5 miles a day during the week.  

So, I'm digging the Hyundai Tiburon, in the V6 flavor.  Muy bang for the buck, in my book.  Looks like I could get into the one I want for around 18K, which works out good.  Less than the Insight when I got it new.  Read a lot of reviews, and most are very positive.  My sister has a Hyundai, one of the 4 door sedan models, and it runs great.  The 10 year/ 100,000 mile warranty is a big seller to me, too.

Whuddya think?  I requested a quote, and might go drive on on Friday, since I'm off.  

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Im sure Ill get flamed as I always do when I reg on Hyundia's and Kia's. But I think they are PIECES OF SH#T! Especially for 18k. they dont even feel like real cars.

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]
They are pieces of shit.  I used to sell them.  Do yourself a favor and for 18k buy yourself a used acrua, honda, or toyota rice rocket.

I wasnt all that impressed with the preformace of the vechile.

If you, against all good advice, do decide to buy one.  Follow this advice.

DO NOT PAY INVOICE FOR THE CAR.

All Hyundai dealers get about $1000 of retro money if they sell 100 cars in that month and that is not including holdback.  I would offer about $500 back of invoice and then minus out any rebates.  I know they had a $750 rebate on automatic v6 tiburons a few months ago. I am selling Toyotas now so I am not sure what the rebates are.  

Just a little inside info for ya
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two KIAs. No problems so far. Hyundai makes/owns KIA.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I also do not recommend the Hyundai Tiburon. Although on paper, it looks good - it will be a car you cannot sell. So, you better like it because you will have it forever, or until it dies completely, whichever comes first.

I have learned that one should not settle for low-quality new as opposed to high-quality used. Best is high-quality new, but if you can't afford that...

Kia, Tiburon, etc despite the cute ads and commercials, and improved exterior styling, are still part of that law in consumerism...you get what you pay for.

Beware.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top