Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2006 5:19:43 AM EDT
I got my December issue yesterday. New format. No complaint with most if it except for the micro font printing. I admit to being somewhat over 35 and I have a new prescription for my glasses but talk about eyestrain.

I hope they get enough complaints to ditch that font.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:31:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Smaller font for text = more room for ads.

I can't stand Car&Track&Road&Driver anymore. The paltry auto racing coverage they do have is 9 months old, and their editorial content is, IMHO, horrible. Even their photography has been in a decline for about 10-12 years. Automobile has superior editorial content and photography, and AutoWeek has actual news.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:38:07 AM EDT
[#2]
those mags are like gun mags, they hardly have any negative reviews nor the balls to say "This product sucks ass!"  Any negatives are sugar coated or glossed over
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:45:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I knew they were headed for the head when Brock Yates left/got fired. They had three sentences buried somewhere that said he left to pursue other interests and that was all, I thought it was kind of a slap in the face. I like Automobile magazine, it focuses more on the drive rather then all the points that C&D uses, that and it has better pictures.

-JTP
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:54:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I knew they were headed for the head when Brock Yates left/got fired. They had three sentences buried somewhere that said he left to pursue other interests and that was all, I thought it was kind of a slap in the face. I like Automobile magazine, it focuses more on the drive rather then all the points that C&D uses, that and it has better pictures.

-JTP

Yes, he was let go due to cost cutting. I swear this mag will fold if us middle aged guys can't read the font.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:01:26 AM EDT
[#5]
agreed.  hard to read font wise.. as well as the graphics are so stark and in contrast..its hard to focus on the text.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:11:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I hated Motor Trend as they could never say anything bad about a car.  C&D was not like that, now they are.  Nothing objective anymore.  Now they say whatever the Mfr wants them to say.  R&T has fallen into the same rut.  I don't buy them anymore because of it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:13:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Car Craft.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:26:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I let my subscription expire this year.  It was the same old pap, over and over again.

My only subscriptions are Motor Cyclist and American Rifleman.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top