Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2004 8:28:19 PM EDT
This 18 yr-old girl in a GEO Tracker came around this cornerat a high rate of speed. She hit the dirt, tried to correct and ran into an incoming car. Incoming vehicle and girl collide sending Tracker into a spin and ejecting the dumb girl. The kid in the little compact car is a neighbor, but since he was driving a newer car, the airbags deployed and he walked away.Both cars totalled. I have seen cars with less damage and no one walked away.

Sheriffs and rescue services arrive to find dumb girl in front bushes hanging like a scarecrow. She said the seat-belt snapped(wasn't wearing one). Had various contusions and lacerations.

Wife calls me during shift to tell me girl was found to be drunk at twice the legal limit. My kids had just 10 minutes before that walked home from the house where her car landed. She laying up at county in the jail ward.

Dumbass drunk drivers.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:30:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Dumbass drunk drivers.

Ah, my future clientele. I hope to catch them before they get around to hurting someone.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dumbass drunk drivers.

Ah, my future clientele. I hope to catch them before they get around to hurting someone.

Gonna be an LEO?  If so, good hunting for this kind of POS.  Next week she'll be bragging to her loser friends, "Man, I was, like, sooooooo wasted.  You should see my car!  And, I was, like, hanging in the bushes--it was SO COOL!!"

I graduated from the Texas DPS academy a few weeks ago. The one good thing about drunk drivers - no season, no bag limit.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:44:15 PM EDT
[#4]
People like this need to be disappeared.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:48:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Before any of you condemn this dumbass woman, may I ask you a question?

Have any one you ever drank 1 or 2 drinks and then drove?

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I graduated from the Texas DPS academy a few weeks ago. The one good thing about drunk drivers - no season, no bag limit.

Good.  Happy hunting.  

And, as I've never noticed you posting before--welcome to the site (a year and a half late--OOPS!).  

Thanks - I've been on hiatus, but now I'm back to see what mischief I can cause my bank account.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>  may I ask you a question?

Sgtar15

No!

To  late.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:02:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgtar15

No!

To  late.

Sgtar15

No, YOU'RE too late--I already condemned her in my mind.  

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:06:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Sgtar15

Quoted:

...Wife calls me during shift to tell me girl was found to be drunk at twice the legal limit...

Not quite an apt comparison.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:08:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgtar15

No!

To  late.

Sgtar15

No, YOU'RE too late--I already condemned her in my mind.  

I condemn her also.  But am also willing to admite I have done the same.  I just got lucky and never hurt anyone.

At least that I remember
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:09:05 PM EDT
[#14]
sorry to semi-hijack:

our OUIL/DWI law instructer at the academy ended his three day course by showing the academy class a pic of two totally demolished automobiles as a result of a drunk driver.

the victims were: his wife, daughter, brother, and grandmother. the were going to the house on chrismas day. all fatals.

FRIGGEN UNBELIEVEABLE!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:09:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgtar15

Quoted:

...Wife calls me during shift to tell me girl was found to be drunk at twice the legal limit...

Okay...Twice the legal limit in California is .16.  A small 120 girl can easily hit that with 2 drinks in 1/2 an hours.

But for the sake of argument.  WHo here has not driven impared?

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#16]
First call I ever ran was for an auto accident at 2:30 AM. We pull up, there's a Taurus off the road in the drainage ditch. We can
see by the tracks in the gravel that it had driven off the road, into the ditch, then drove ALONG the ditch until it slammed into the
drainpipe.

We walk up, the driver's door is open, nobody there. There's a girl (maybe 17) in the passenger seat, still buckled up, but
she'd still managed to bounce her head off the A-post. So my partner is taking care of her, when I see something move in
the backseat. I put my Maglite up, and there's a baby in the back, in it's seat. Not crying, just looking around, probably
wondering why we woke him up.

I asked her where the driver was. "Oh, he went for help..." We were right next to a 7-11 with payphones, but nobody there.
Nothing else but a few houses without the lights on for quite a ways. (I didn't think about it at the time, but I should have broken
out the TI camera and looked around some. The oxygen thief was probably hiding in the bushes watching us......)

By the beer bottles on the floorboard, we figure he ran off the road, then hauled ass. We were so hoping to find the guy, what
a turd! Leaving his wife/girlfriend and his kid and taking off.

Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:10:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Sgtar15

1 or 2 drinks won't put you that much over the limit.  Drunks fucking suck ass and should have their ass kicked.  It's real simply if you drink don't drive.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:13:06 PM EDT
[#18]
If ya drink, ya shouldn't be driving. Me? I'm afraid more of drunk drivers than those nasty "assualt weapons."
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Sgtar15

I've had 8 and then driven.

Of course, it was 24 hours later.

To be twice the legal limit, you need to drink more than two drinks and you need to drive pretty soon after.  Of course, Cali may have an insanely low legal limit, I don't know, but still.  You can count on an adult male in good health totally metabolizing 1 beer per hour.  Women a little bit slower.

edited to say: I have NEVER driven imparied, except for lack of sleep (and this is a bad one, I know -- 24 hours of sleep deprivation is equivalent to being drunk at the legal limit WRT reflex time)
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgtar15

1 or 2 drinks won't put you that much over the limit.  Drunks fucking suck ass and should have their ass kicked.  It's real simply if you drink don't drive.

The avergae human body can not digest and dispose of alcohol at a rate of more than 1 drink per hour.

I agree 100% with the second part of your staement.  I was just asking how many of you have also done this.

Drinking and driving is more rampant in peoples lives then most are willing to admit.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgtar15

I've had 8 and then driven.

Of course, it was 24 hours later.

To be twice the legal limit, you need to drink more than two drinks and you need to drive pretty soon after.  Of course, Cali may have an insanely low legal limit, I don't know, but still.  You can count on an adult male in good health totally metabolizing 1 beer per hour.  Women a little bit slower.

edited to say: I have NEVER driven imparied, except for lack of sleep (and this is a bad one, I know -- 24 hours of sleep deprivation is equivalent to being drunk at the legal limit WRT reflex time)

You're fortunate that you didn't get into an automobile crash. Just because you drive impaired does not guarantee that you will get into an accident, just that it makes it more likely.
Kali-fornia follows the US DOT standard for alcohol impairment of .08, like most of all the states, otherwise you will lose your matching federal highway funds.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:39:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgtar15

Quoted:

Okay...Twice the legal limit in California is .16.  A small 120 girl can easily hit that with 2 drinks in 1/2 an hours.

Sgatr15

Me. I don't drink. Eliminates the risk of drunk driving completely.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:52:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Me. I don't drink. Eliminates the risk of drunk driving completely

I'll drink to that!!!!.....OOps, That 12 pack didn't last long. I'll be right back, just gonna try to drive over to the 'ol 7-11 for another twelve. BRB.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:59:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgtar15

Quoted:

Sgatr15

Bullshit she can. www.iowaabd.com/alcohol/bac_chart/pr_bac_chart.asp

try four or five and we assume she weight 110 pounds just for grins.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:19:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Sgatr15

Twice the legal limit for someone over 21 years of age in California would be .16%
However in California, it is unlawful for a person under 21 to drive with any measureable amount of alcohol in thier system. So if she was a .001% she would be considered D.U.I.
Although when they say twice the legal limit I am sure they are referring to the limit for people over 21 which is .08%
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:52:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Crazy... A car of (I think) four kids just crashed in my town.  They were drinking and went off the road and hit a tree.  2 of them are at Harborview (which means they are probably messed up pretty bad).
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:09:25 PM EDT
[#29]
I haven't.  But then I grew up seeing what was left of the family across the street after a dui killed the Dad and one of the two twins and put Mom in a wheelchair.  Several other drunk caused accidents, and then as a Division Officer had to deal with drunk driving sailors, one of whom killed a civilian on the way home from tacking on his first class crow.

There is no excuse for driving under the influence period.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Not drinking and driving doesn't eliminate the risk.  There's always idiots out there that are drunk and TRYING to hit you.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#31]
I've never driven impaired.  Just seems like common sense to me.  If I will be driving I cut it off at 1 drink.  That way I don't have to worry about it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Alcohol effects everyone different, my friends mom who stands about 6 ft and about 130 lbs, one small glass of wine and she is friggen shitfaced!

One NCO, who I served with in Hawaii, his wife and two young children were killed by drunk driver.  

I played baseball with a kid who made a bad decision, went out drinking and as a passenger in a car full of other drunk kids.  They were going 120 mph, crossed over the median and collided with an oncoming vehicle that had a pregnant lady and family.  IIRC (its been 20 years), only 3 people survived. Fucking body parts all over the place, including the pregnant woman!  Worst DUI accident in Southern Maine, God I can remember it like yesterday!  

I think DUI drivers should be shot on the spot!!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:39:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Not drinking and driving doesn't eliminate the risk. There's always idiots out there that are drunk and TRYING to hit you.

and... there are always idiots out there not drunk and TRYING to hit you.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:42:05 PM EDT
[#34]
This thread is worthless without pics.......
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgtar15

Quoted:

Sgatr15

Me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top