Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2007 10:12:38 AM EDT
The artists are bringing the hero back with a gun.

Full story

Link
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:17:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Looks stupid with the shield.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:19:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a 1911
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool, looks like a disiple of JMB.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Only Bucky, truly, remains dead.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought Frank Castle was going to assume the role of Captain America/Punisher when I saw the pics below.

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:23:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Cool, looks like a disiple of JMB.

Captain America was supposed to be a WWII vet wasn't he?  It figures he would be.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:23:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought they killed him off recently.  Of course, they killed Superman too....
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:24:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I thought Frank Castle was going to assume the role of Captain America/Punisher when I saw the pics below.

www.macktropolis.com/_coreLibraries/pictureLibrary/capPunisher/punisherCap.jpg

www.wartmag.com/img/capunisher2a.jpg

Why is it artist always draw unbalanced massive handguns?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I thought they killed him off recently.  Of course, they killed Superman too....

Captain America was "fired" for a brief time in the late 1980s, and replaced with a less-restrained, less-stable soldier.  Steve Rogers continued to fight as "The Captain" (or something like that.

In this case, it will be a new guy taking on the role and the shield.

Until they raise Steve Rogers from the grave.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

My guess is because it looks cool in the COMIC BOOKS...
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:27:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Meh... he needs a rifle.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#13]
cool
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:28:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The artists are bringing the hero back with a gun.

Full story

Link

Cap wasnt big on Killing people like The Punisher is...That's why The Punisher is the greatest comic book hero ever!! No BS super powers, just a tough guy and his weapons, killing assholes
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:30:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Captain America = 1911.

On this there can be no argument.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Looks like a 1911

It"s what Jesus would shoot.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:31:21 AM EDT
[#17]
JMB designed it
Captain America carries it
Jesus would have carried it

What more needs to be said?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
JMB designed it
Captain America carries it
Jesus would have carried it

What more needs to be said?

Kills Nazis and Commies dead.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#19]
WWJC

Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth, but a sword 1911
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#20]
capt america is like a position there has been several of them throughout the years.  the cool thing is cpt america worked with wolverine during WW2
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

He did for a while, but gave it up.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
capt america is like a position there has been several of them throughout the years.  the cool thing is cpt america worked with wolverine during WW2

I have that book somewhere, along with the "Wolverine vs Captain America" limited issue.

Wolvie didn't have the skeleton and claws back then, just the senses and healing.  Also had the Russian spy chick as a little girl.  Good issue.  I think Wolvie jumps into Europe with a Canadian infantry platoon.

Years later, they meet while Wolvie is tracking a killer and it's a pretty good fight.
Wolvie loses a pure-adamantium claw to Cap's shield, because the shield also has vibranium (sp?) in it, which is why it bounces around a lot.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Actually, he's really been one man, but he's been replaced once or twice temporarily.

Steve Rogers from WWII was frozen in the arctic at the end of WWII and thawed out in the 1960s.  He's still the same guy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have that book somewhere, along with the "Wolverine vs Captain America" limited issue.

Wolvie didn't have the skeleton and claws back then, just the senses and healing.  Also had the Russian spy chick as a little girl.  Good issue.  I think Wolvie jumps into Europe with a Canadian infantry platoon.

Years later, they meet while Wolvie is tracking a killer and it's a pretty good fight.
Wolvie loses a pure-adamantium claw to Cap's shield, because the shield also has vibranium (sp?) in it, which is why it bounces around a lot.

A little known fact is that wolverine has actually always had claws but he had a mental block that didnt allow him to know that.  He got the adamantium in the 60's or 70's i think but he has had the bone claws since birth.  see the marvel website (his birth name is james howlett i believe)
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A little known fact is that wolverine has actually always had claws but he had a mental block that didnt allow him to know that.  He got the adamantium in the 60's or 70's i think but he has had the bone claws since birth.  see the marvel website (his birth name is james howlett i believe)

They keep updating that shit.
I've had the Marvel anthologies since the early 1980s and I've never read that.
I remember when he lost his adamantium and they gave him bone claws, but I always thought that was BS..  
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Only Bucky dies forever...

Of course, I think they brought him back too.

C
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.macktropolis.com/_coreLibraries/pictureLibrary/capPunisher/punisherCap.jpg

www.wartmag.com/img/capunisher2a.jpg

And when did they ditch the 6:1 head ration for a 9:1 ratio?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top