Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/19/2015 11:25:29 PM EDT
Anyone thats got one, what are your thoughts so far?

Mines ran great so far, don't have many rounds through it yet (around 300) but so far not a single issue. Trigger is the best trigger I've ever felt in any pistol, 100% reliable so far, fed it the cheapest worst shit I could find, no problems.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]
As soon as AIM gets more in Il be ordering one.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:29:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I want to shoot one of these one day.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want to shoot one of these one day.
View Quote

I can't recommend it enough.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:32:41 PM EDT
[#4]
tag
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:33:25 PM EDT
[#5]
If they do a threaded version, I will be on it for sure.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:36:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:36:25 PM EDT
[#7]
How did the mag situation shake out?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:37:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How did the mag situation shake out?
View Quote

A negative on the M9 mags unfortunately.

They're the exact same mag accept the mag catch hole on the M9 mags is further up the magazine than the TP9. Technically you could add a hole to an M9 mag and close / fill the old hole and it would work. But out of the box unfortunately no.

Edit: However I will say, the mags it comes with are very very high quality. They're made by Mec -Gar (even stamped right on the side) and 100% good to go so far. Finish on them is a fine high polish, really love the look and feel of the mags, and of course function so far.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:38:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the gun a lot. However, I think they missed the mark not coming out with it sized like a glock 19.

Century is not going to get police contracts for the TP9SA.  Why go full size?

If it was the size of a glock 19 it would be the new hotness.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:40:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I like the gun a lot. However, I think they missed the mark not coming out with it sized like a glock 19.

View Quote

I suspect that if things go well with this SA model (good sales), they'll end up making a mid / compact model.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:44:41 PM EDT
[#11]
damn that looks good... what were they priced at i can't remember.. was it like $300?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:46:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
damn that looks good... what were they priced at i can't remember.. was it like $300?
View Quote

The new model (SA) with the ridiculously nice trigger is $400 MSRP, but can be found in stores for around $349, thats what I paid for mine but people have gotten them for less. The old model with the odd not so nice triggers can be had for less than $300.

Edit: Also to add, I also think all other outstanding qualities aside its a sexy ass looking gun.

Edit2: Also the old models came in a few different cerakote colors, FDE OD and titanium. Right now I think black is the only color on shelf's for the SA model, but they say all other colors will be available soon.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I suspect that if things go well with this SA model (good sales), they'll end up making a mid / compact model.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If they do, dear God in heaven please let them just cut two or three rounds from the magazine for their 19 sized model instead of doing that asinine

two finger grip withe the magazine floor plate being the third finger portion.  I hate that crap with a passion.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:51:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The new model (SA) with the ridiculously nice trigger is $400 MSRP, but can be found in stores for around $349, thats what I paid for mine but people have gotten them for less. The old model with the odd not so nice triggers can be had for less than $300.

Edit: Also to add, I also think all other outstanding qualities aside its a sexy ass looking gun.

Edit2: Also the old models came in a few different cerakote colors, FDE OD and titanium. Right now I think black is the only color on shelf's for the SA model, but they say all other colors will be available soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I got the old model on black Friday from centerfire systems for $230 but that was without any accessories and one mag :( I only got it because I thought it was the new model with the trigger people are raving about. That said it has a super short reset after the first shot, is an interesting pistol, and I have had zero malfunctions. I would buy the new one if I could figure out how to get 10rnd mags.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:53:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If they do, dear God in heaven please let them just cut two or three rounds from the magazine for their 19 sized model instead of doing that asinine  

two finger grip withe the magazine floor plate being the third finger portion.  I hate that crap with a passion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to agree, also fyi due to the success of the original model they have the new SA model in .40 as well, which further leads me to believe if they do well they'll offer different sizes.

They also now offer an SF model, not sure of all the differences though in the SF model, I can see it doesn't have a decocker though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:53:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

AIM has it for $339 but its never in stock
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:54:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Talk to me about the decocking button on the slide. If you push it do you have to rack the slide to get it back in business or does the trigger still work like a double action?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:57:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Talk to me about the decocking button on the slide. If you push it do you have to rack the slide to get it back in business or does the trigger still work like a double action?
View Quote

The new SA model is single action only (hence the SA). If you decock you have to bring the slide back about half an inch to recock it.

The old model was a single / double action and could be fired if decocked in the double action mode. Though the old trigger was a little weird and quite heavy. Thats why they came out with the SA model, the one gripe about the gun everyone had was the trigger, so they ditched the single double action and went with a strait single action and made the trigger ridiculously nice.

Here is the SA model:
http://www.canik55.com/pages_sub.php?id=59&module_type=2&module_id=14

And the new SF model (not sure the difference just yet other than no decocker)
http://www.canik55.com/pages_sub.php?id=61&module_type=2&module_id=14
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:11:47 AM EDT
[#19]
That grip angle sure looks comfortable. I should dive in and get one to try out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:13:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The new SA model is single action only (hence the SA). If you decock you have to bring the slide back about half an inch to recock it.

The old model was a single / double action and could be fired if decocked in the double action mode. Though the old trigger was a little weird and quite heavy. Thats why they came out with the SA model, the one gripe about the gun everyone had was the trigger, so they ditched the single double action and went with a strait single action and made the trigger ridiculously nice.

Here is the SA model:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is the SA model:

Yeah, I've got the original and never had any problem with its trigger. It always felt very comparable to every other striker fired pistol I've shot with the exception of a walther ppq or a m&p with the apex upgrade. So I was looking forward to a much nicer trigger like those other guns but I didn't want them to do away with the original decocking system. I don't like the idea of Israeli carry. Guess I'll lean towards the sf now. I'd rather not have the decocker at all then have one that forces me to rerack the slide. Then again, maybe I'll just stick with the original. They're cheap and very well thought out even if the trigger is just ok. It's still a reliable, straight shooter.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:20:24 AM EDT
[#21]
I feel like SF stands for "Striker Fired" it would make sense.

Quoted:

Here is the SA model:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is the SA model:

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:24:32 AM EDT
[#22]
I hope it shoots better than it looks . it looks like the bastard child of a VP9 and the god awful XD/HS2000
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:26:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah, I've got the original and never had any problem with its trigger. It always felt very comparable to every other striker fired pistol I've shot with the exception of a walther ppq or a m&p with the apex upgrade. So I was looking forward to a much nicer trigger like those other guns but I didn't want them to do away with the original decocking system. I don't like the idea of Israeli carry. Guess I'll lean towards the sf now. I'd rather not have the decocker at all then have one that forces me to rerack the slide. Then again, maybe I'll just stick with the original. They're cheap and very well thought out even if the trigger is just ok. It's still a reliable, straight shooter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is the SA model:

Yea, there isn't much use for the decocker since they removed the double action trigger. However it doesn't get in the way and works well so I don't mind having if even if I'll never use it.

The trigger on the SA model is so nice I'd encourage you to at least check it out, also doesn't have that silly magazine extension thingy anymore, but still maintains the 18 round capacity.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:27:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is the SA model:

Yea I would agree but both SA and SF models are striker fired.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:28:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I hope it shoots better than it looks . it looks like the bastard child of a VP9 and the god awful XD/HS2000
View Quote

To each his own I guess, I quite like the looks of it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:31:12 AM EDT
[#26]

The issue M9 Checkmate mags won't fit unless you press the mag catch in while inserting the mag.  The Checkmate mags are formed with a front corner of the feed lips, the mag catch hangs up on the sharp corner.  MecGar Beretta mags are formed with a slightly rounded front corners and fit 9/10 times without pressing mag catch.    

You can use a Dremel cutoff wheel to cut a new mag catch slot, in order to use cheap, common mags for higher capacity, hard times mags, or use the modified Beretta mag as the carry mag, reload with a factory mag.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:32:47 AM EDT
[#27]
we are doomed. People are blind to follow where the problem lies.
Quit supporting terrorism by buying muslin made firearms.
It's true I would like one of these weapons but look where they are made.
Turkey yes Turkey. 99% muslim.
we are doomed.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:34:58 AM EDT
[#28]
What does this do better than a Glock 17, M&P 9, XD9, or Sig 226?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:36:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
we are doomed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:37:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What does this do better than a Glock 17, M&P 9, XD9, or Sig 226?
View Quote

Trigger, accuracy, price.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:07:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
we are doomed.
View Quote

Erdogan, the Prime Minister of Turkey is fucking Hitler.  He's an evil, vile, Islamist fuck that for some Satanic reason is still part of NATO.  ISIS could not exist without him.  I could care less how good their fucking guns are, you finance Turkey, you finance the worst shit this planet has seen since the Holocaust.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:19:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Erdogan, the Prime Minister of Turkey is fucking Hitler.  He's an evil, vile, Islamist fuck that for some Satanic reason is still part of NATO.  ISIS could not exist without him.  I could care less how good their fucking guns are, you finance Turkey, you finance the worst shit this planet has seen since the Holocaust.

http://www.foreignaffairs.com/files/imagecache/800x/images/Karaveli_ErdoganLosesIt.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
we are doomed.

http://www.foreignaffairs.com/files/imagecache/800x/images/Karaveli_ErdoganLosesIt.jpg

On that note maybe you should go through everything u own and make sure nothing is made by countries that oppress their people.... Oh wait that would make u a hypocrite .. Damn

While your looking I'll be enjoying my sweet new tp 9 sa at the range

" />
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:27:31 AM EDT
[#33]
I have no experience with this company but http://nsrtactical.com is now offering some pretty good looking  tp 9 sa holsters.

I'm prob gonna order one and give it a try.  Anyone have experience with them ?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:33:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have no experience with this company but http://nsrtactical.com is now offering some pretty good looking  tp 9 sa holsters.

View Quote

Nice thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:33:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
we are doomed.
View Quote

Bro you probably should quit throwing stones in that glass house of yours until you quit buying stuff made in China and supporting communism.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:38:39 AM EDT
[#36]
I buy everything politically. Heinz or hunts ketchup? Fuck heinz...owned by what asshole in the country?
Just look at all the companies that give to anti gun groups. I will not buy from them.
I make my money talk.
So go on keep indirectly funding the bad guys.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:41:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I buy everything politically. Heinz or hunts ketchup? Fuck heinz...owned by what asshole in the country?
Just look at all the companies that give to anti gun groups. I will not buy from them.
I make my money talk.
So go on keep indirectly funding the bad guys.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:41:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Bro you probably should quit throwing stones in that glass house of yours until you quit buying stuff made in China and supporting communism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
we are doomed.

Funny you mention that. I bought nothing, I mean nothing this year for Christmas that was made in The communist punks of china.
I did buy a myself a couple of guns. Ruger mkII pistol for example.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:43:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Funny you mention that. I bought nothing, I mean nothing this year for Christmas that was made in The communist punks of china.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
we are doomed.

Better make sure u ain't fillin up with that Muslim gas either
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:46:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
we are doomed.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:49:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:51:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Now a days its impossible to not buy from certain commie countries.
I do my best to help buy products made here. Obviously some folk here
don't care where their hard earned money goes to. I drive my old lady crazy
sometimes when I take something out of the cart or just plain say we are not
buying that.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:52:44 AM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
we are doomed.

http://media3.giphy.com/media/pjxaVkMJxtlK/200.gif

You seem to be part of the problem. How about going back to the democrapic underground web site and post your silly ideas there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:52:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I typed in the link.  30 seconds to load.  Stopped at "James Yeager".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya I just saw that.   They are the only holster offering right now tho.  Maybe raven or bravo will pick it up to
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:52:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Now a days its impossible to not buy from certain commie countries.
I do my best to help buy products made here. Obviously some folk here
don't care where their hard earned money goes to. I drive my old lady crazy
sometimes when I take something out of the cart or just plain say we are not
buying that.
View Quote

That's one lucky woman.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:54:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You seem to be part of the problem. How about going back to the democrapic underground web site and post your silly ideas there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
we are doomed.

http://media3.giphy.com/media/pjxaVkMJxtlK/200.gif

Silly ideas?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:01:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:04:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

No offense to them or to you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya I just saw that.   They are the only holster offering right now tho.  Maybe raven or bravo will pick it up to

No offense to them or to you.

It seems that they ride the Willis / Yeager train... May have to wait until someone else releases a holster as Im sure they will
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:06:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Anyone ordered spare mags yet ? If so where and best price ?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:06:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Anyone ordered spare mags yet ? If so where and best price ?
View Quote

I haven't found were to get extra mags yet. If anyone knows let me know.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top