Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/2/2002 7:15:37 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/3/2002 3:53:00 AM EST by Cincinnatus]
I did them all in the past year. Large scale (10'+), on aluminum. C'mon critics, give it your best. Are there favorites? Do you hate them all? Are you confused? [url=http://community.webshots.com/album/42076669VrNwIy]My Paintings[/url]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:20:25 AM EST
Very nice. I really liked the swarm. What sort of brush do you use?
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:21:35 AM EST
Hmmm, the word 'disturbed' comes to mind.[:D] I particularly liked the 'Mob, School, Swarm' painting. I liked it so much, as a matter of fact, that I am having an emergency session with my shrink this afternoon. Eric The(It[u]Was[/u]WetAndWarm,ICouldFeelIt!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:23:04 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/2/2002 7:24:08 AM EST by Benjamin0001]
What is it you are getting at Cincinnatus? I know these have a point, but I need to be told what it is.. But yes, the MOb school one is the I understood... The SHEEPLE ARE COMMING. Ben
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:24:14 AM EST
Originally Posted By wiggy762: Very nice. I really liked the swarm. What sort of brush do you use?
View Quote
The "Swarm" is indeed a crowd pleaser. It's 10' x 15'. I use no brushes. It's all poured paint and pigment.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:25:47 AM EST
Interesting..reminds me of the color lithos in my A&P, Bacti, and Parisitology text books...cool...
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:26:01 AM EST
Originally Posted By Benjamin0001: What is it you are getting at Cincinnatus? I know these have a point, but I need to be told what it is.. But yes, the MOb school one is the I understood... The SHEEPLE ARE COMMING. Ben
View Quote
Some have a point, though it's not important that YOU see IT. What I'm thinking, when I make these, is merely a starting point. YOU complete the work, by looking and thinking.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:26:33 AM EST
I did the poll about seeing the red X. Then I went to your pictures. That is great I would use them for that Rorschach test (however you spell it). I saw some wild things in them and most likely be put away and have my guns removed by the police. How long were you working on them and do you show your work at galleries? I wish I had a big enough house to put one in my room. Then again I could use it for siding
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:28:36 AM EST
Each one takes about 3-4 months. I work on many at once. I intend to show them in galleries, but that is a tough nut to crack.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:33:40 AM EST
Swarm? Damn, I have 0 culture.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:33:56 AM EST
Crowd pleasers: [url]http://community.webshots.com/photo/42076669/42077367xXkhog[/url] [url]http://community.webshots.com/photo/42076669/42079015hPMNJg[/url]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:36:05 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/2/2002 7:37:05 AM EST by Cincinnatus]
This one's about the ChiCom conspiracy: [url]http://community.webshots.com/photo/42076669/42077183ZrnXrB[/url] Note the little yellow heads, the Mao caps, and the revolutionary "cells". ...of course I don't tell "art people" that.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:36:25 AM EST
I... I... I.. think I got the wrong link... All I see are pictures of testicles and human brains in formaldehyde... [shock]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:37:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/2/2002 7:38:54 AM EST by Cincinnatus]
Everyone sees what THEY see. You see testicles.... [:)] That's one of the side effects of pouring paint: You get organic, bio-morphic blobs.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:43:35 AM EST
Please forgive this crass question. What does your work usually sell for? [email]poikilotrm@aol.com[/email]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:50:10 AM EST
That's a complicated question. Galleries take HALF. Seems like alot, but that's the way it goes. One of the big ones SHOULD sell for somewhere between $5-10k. There are so many variables, though. I'd give one away to a serious collector. They would then want to see me sell more. I've only sold little ones. The conventional wisdom is that IF you can sell one or two big ones, you will be able to sell 100. Those who buy such big work, want to see you sell more, and at higher prices.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:52:45 AM EST
Keep looking.... I gotta split.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:22:34 AM EST
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus: I intend to show them in galleries, but that is a tough nut to crack.
View Quote
Tell them you're gay and you mixed your semen into the paint.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:28:37 AM EST
how much do you spend on paint to do one? i suspect the answer may be frightening.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:36:16 AM EST
Damn The_Macallan, that's pretty friggin sick! BWAAAHAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 9:02:56 AM EST
It's kind of, sort of...... [BD] You seem to have talent. They aren't my style though. Kinda weird. [%|]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 9:11:42 AM EST
My vote goes for the stem cells. Frankly, I think it's amazing work. Your work shown in the Orient, especially Japan would make you a wealthy man my friend. Big doners to hospitals comes to mind as well, John Hopkins ect.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 9:19:55 AM EST
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus: Some have a point, though it's not important that YOU see IT. What I'm thinking, when I make these, is merely a starting point. YOU complete the work, by looking and thinking.
View Quote
I see Sea Anemone....now say that 10 times, real fast! [;)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 9:31:24 AM EST
On one hand it's really amazing work; you have talent my friend. On the other hand, you've got the whole pustule theme down pat; kind'a gross. You must have had hellacious zits. I see what I see. [;D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 9:37:14 AM EST
Those are fucking unreal! What backing are you using?
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 10:06:22 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 10:19:33 AM EST
Very impressive! I've got a bare wall that is about 7'x 9'.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 10:50:03 AM EST
Ok, but the hell is it?
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 11:07:52 AM EST
Those are the cutest little kittens and puppies I have ever seen. Why do they have such big genitals ? [;D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 11:19:27 AM EST
Sometimes when I'm in the library I see much smaller paintings on the walls done by the local elementary school students. Some even get little blue ribbons. On the other hand, some people will buy anything. Good luck. I hope you don't have to wait till after your dead to be popular.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 12:01:17 PM EST
There are two types of artwork in the world.... that which is aesthetically pleasing to the majority of people and that which tends to evoke a visceral reaction.... I prefer the latter. I like your work... I'd like to see it full scale, I bet the effect is breathtaking! My mother is also an artist and a lot of her work has stirred up controversy in her town. I collect pieces of her's and other artist friends. When people first visit me and look around there's usually a lot of "what is that??" [:D] Good luck to you and let me know when you have your first show... I'm supposed to be making a trip to NY sometime in the near future. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 12:10:50 PM EST
So it's agreed, then: Murph needs to get laid more often. That's probably true of most artists, I guess, but then, what would we all have to look at if it wasn't? [;D] Seriously: wow! I see one photo of you with spray cans... but you mentioned pouring paint... wtf? How do you do these? I also see an amazing dedication, and really respect that. To be able to keep all that in your head as you go through the creation of those pieces is very impressive. Vision AND execution- I imagine that's what separates the successful from the insane. Such organic themes always creep me out, maybe too "visceral" and emotional for my rational brain to process. That's why I like 'em. Fucks with the reptilian brain just a little bit...
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 12:33:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/2/2002 12:34:37 PM EST by Francisco_dAnconia]
Honestly, I think you're [whacko].
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 3:16:43 PM EST
Originally Posted By Green_Furniture: Those are fucking unreal! What backing are you using?
View Quote
All of them are on aluminum. Some are on Gold Anodized aluminum. Those are usually the ones that are the most grotesque and visceral. I figure that the beauty and baggage of the gold needs to be contrasted with the grotesque. Formal balance.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 3:17:48 PM EST
Originally Posted By ColonelKlink: Have you been taking any hallucinogens Just kidding[;D]
View Quote
Hallucinogens are very influntial on our visual language, these days. (not that I'd know about that)
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 3:19:24 PM EST
Originally Posted By DScott: Seriously: wow! I see one photo of you with spray cans... but you mentioned pouring paint... wtf? How do you do these?
View Quote
The spray cans are props. Not part of the process. I keep my technique secret.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 3:20:30 PM EST
Originally Posted By Miss_Magnum: Good luck to you and let me know when you have your first show... I'm supposed to be making a trip to NY sometime in the near future. [;)]
View Quote
When I have my first solo show, you're ALL invited. I'd be honored.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 3:32:37 PM EST
... Hey, I like it! An artist myself, I must say your work is innovative and creative. I like your choice in mediums. They seem to blow your images out 3D. Nice work [b]Cincinnatus[/b]! ... We'll be looking for more.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 3:46:11 PM EST
Ia, Uh, Hmmm, Eh, Sure, (Thinking), (Still Thinking), (still thinking), (thinking).
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 3:48:31 PM EST
No sir, I dont like them. Sorry !!
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 4:05:46 PM EST
Man, it's hard to find good acid these days. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 4:10:31 PM EST
Originally Posted By BallisticTip: No sir, I dont like them. Sorry !!
View Quote
To each, his own. Good art is like a good leader.... If everyone likes you, you're not leading.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:05:53 PM EST
I'd have to say that's pretty cool...keep it up!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:10:19 PM EST
You are VERY talented!! Very good! AB
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:26:14 PM EST
Cincinnatus, To be honest with you, your invitation for all of us to visit your opening would be quite a vision. This would probably be better than a BRC. To see imbroglio, hank, anti, just to name a few standing in the studio in a tux sipping an expresso and commmenting "so profound" is un comprehensable and something well worth witnessing.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:33:12 PM EST
I recognize those pictures--I think they came from my Grandfathers last Colonoscopy!!! Just kidding [:0], I envy your artistic talent--never been much of an artist myself.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:01:02 PM EST
Hmm... Someonme may have lied in box 12f of form 4473.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:01:50 PM EST
Your like the lady that makes the vagina sculptures.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:17:46 PM EST
Way cool Cincinnatus, I really like them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:01:06 PM EST
These are all very nice. But what you seem to lack is a clear focus. These show talent, and look good, but they are confusing at the same time.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:16:29 PM EST
Well, since you said look at these paintings.......... (The following is likely offensive to Cincinnatus, so if you dont wish to read a complete panning of his....ahem..."work", please have the courtesy to read no further) Stinks. Garbage of the highest, or is it lowest, order. Puerile drivel passed off as "art". How the artworld ever got to this point I will never fully know. Totally without merit. You likely have a talent, but it is not here. Really. Nope. Not even. If someone attempted to sell that tripe to me, I would beat them with an iron cudgel to within an inch of his life. The affrontery of the modernistic schools of "art" is insufferable to those with any acceptable level of taste whatsoever. "Ah, Genevieve, the splattering of the omelette deux frommage when thrown at the canvas from 7 meters with a gallon of rancid goat piss poured on it is magnifique! Such depth of feeling, such... how you say... angst and longing... c'est marvelous... c'est beau!" As Bill the Cat would say..."ACK..Phpbbt". So in other words, an "A" for effort in your work, but a cinderblock to the head for the results. I think you need help. There, I got that out, whoooo. One of my major pet peeves is material of this sort. Can ya' tell? Dram out.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top