Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2006 12:21:40 PM EDT
I am getting a C&R eligible SxS shotgun from a gun shop in Anaheim.  The shop people stated that the shotgun has to go to a regular FFL, according to them there is some Kali law stating this is the case.  After perusing the CA DOJ website, I can find no specific language prohibiting the transfer.

Anyone with real experience with this?

Trying to use my C&R and save $40 transfer fee
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:22:32 PM EDT
[#2]
www.empirearms.com/cal-ffl.htm

I think the above article states that C&R guns can be shipped like you're proposing out of state.

A CA Class 01 dealer can sell and ship any C&R pistol or rifle to a Class 03 (C&R) FFL who resides out of state, subject to the receiving Class 03's state laws and the usual federal laws regarding transfer and transport. The transfer must be directly to the out of state address that appears on the FFL;  if the non-resident wants to pick it up in CA, all usual rules apply  (DROS & 10 day waiting period). You may have to have the dealer call the DOJ to ok this; not all dealers are on top of the C&R regulations.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I appreciate the link, nightstalker.

The CA DOJ websight mentions handguns many times but is not clear on longguns.  Gee, unclear laws written by lawyers that need to be interpreted by other lawyers.  I emailed the DOJ, I will report what they say about it (if anything).

I do take pity on you poor folks in the PRK, having to deal with this crap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top