Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 6:38:09 AM EDT
A guy sent me a copy of his C&R license and for some reason it didn't look right to me. Now I realize it doesn't have the watermark on it that mine has. His license is newer then mine so I was wondering if they new ones don't have the watermark of the big circular ATF logo thing in the middle of the license or what.  Also the watermark is in blue and maybe his copier just can't copy the color. Can anyone help me here?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:42:44 AM EDT
[#1]
There is no watermark on a C&R.(not sure about a 01 FFL) and if there was, it wouldn't be on a copy.

The C&R license has the light blue logo on the front, yes.

Big bold letters COLLECTOR OF CURIOS AND RELICS through the center.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:47:16 AM EDT
[#2]
First, send the dog over to the neighbors and then, if you don't want to take the hinges out, open your front door all the way.  

At that point I'd call the BATF&E and ask them what they think.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:47:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There is no watermark on a C&R.(not sure about a 01 FFL) and if there was, it wouldn't be on a copy.

The copy he sent me is exactly like my license except it doesn't have the big round logo on it.

I'm going to have to verify this before I mail him anything.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:48:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Huh? I'm looking at a photocopy of my C&R right here and there's a big watermark on the top half behind  all of my personal info. The watermark looks like it is the ATF seal. Says, Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms around the outer ring and has a scale above a key in the middle.

It could be that the guy's photocopier just couldn't pick up the blue, I don't know, but my photocopies show the watermark fairly dark on the background.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:54:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh? I'm looking at a photocopy of my C&R right here and there's a big watermark on the top half behind  all of my personal info. The watermark looks like it is the ATF seal. Says, Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms around the outer ring and has a scale above a key in the middle.

It could be that the guy's photocopier just couldn't pick up the blue, I don't know, but my photocopies show the watermark fairly dark on the background.

Yeah mine show the watermark on the copies too, thats why it looked strange to me. I didn't know if they removed the logo for the newer licenses or if his copy machine just can't pick up blue.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:56:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah mine show the watermark on the copies too, thats why it looked strange to me. I didn't know if they removed the logo for the newer licenses or if his copy machine just can't pick up blue.

I've had mine for about a year and a half, so it could be that the recently changed it, but I don't see why they would do that.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:56:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are you considering a watermark?

I have two ATF seals on my 03. Top left(a small black one) and a large,very light blue seal smack dab in the center of it.

I have no watermark like the watermark on our newer 5,10,20,50,100 dollar bills.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:59:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are you considering a watermark?

I have two ATF seals on my 03. Top left(a small black one) and a large,very light blue seal smack dab in the center of it.

I have no watermark like the watermark on our newer 5,10,20,50,100 dollar bills.

The blue one I'm considering a watermark. Not like the dollar bills. I guess we have different definitions of watermark
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:05:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I was calling the big blue logo right in the middle of the license the watermark.

Anyway, I called ATF and they verifyed the license. So all is right in the world.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:06:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I was calling the big blue logo right in the middle of the license the watermark.

Anyway, I called ATF and they verifyed the license. So all is right in the world.

I was starting to get jealous that everybody had a really cool watermark on their 03 but me

Glad it checks out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:07:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was starting to get jealous that everybody had a really cool watermark on their 03 but me

Glad it checks out.

You did the the secret decoder ring in your C&R kit didn't you?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:08:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glad it checks out.

You did the the secret decoder ring in your C&R kit didn't you?

Son of a bitch.

The ATF is getting a phone call.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top