Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2005 3:41:58 PM EDT
damn thing keeps saying there is something wrong with trhe ink cartridge, but they are both right out of the box new.......

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you remove the ink cartridge safety tape thingies? My dad forgot once. Broke his balls for a month.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:47:47 PM EDT
[#2]
any seals to remove?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#3]
unplug the printer for 30 seconds and plug it back in.  the people at General -> Urban Commandos are great at questions like this too
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Did you remove the ink cartridge safety tape thingies? My dad forgot once. Broke his balls for a month.

Yup.

This is starting to piss me off i've tried everything I can think of an nothing is working. I got two form ones I want t print out so I can get at least one of them sent off ASAP......

This printer is lucky I don't have any tanerrite or I'd be on my way out to the range with it right now
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
unplug the printer for 30 seconds and plug it back in.  the people at General -> Urban Commandos are great at questions like this too

Did that already too.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:53:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
damn thing keeps saying there is something wrong with trhe ink cartridge, but they are both right out of the box new.......

What kind of printer, and exactly what is the error message?  If there are electrical connections on the ink cartridge, are the contacts in your printer and the cartridge clean?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:58:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What kind of printer, and exactly what is the error message?  If there are electrical connections on the ink cartridge, are the contacts in your printer and the cartridge clean?

yes they are clean, check that whenever I change cartridges. It's a jeskjet 5550
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes they are clean, check that whenever I change cartridges. It's a jeskjet 5550

Did you say the printer is new?  Did you have any problems loading the software?  Did you remove the previous drivers before loading the new ones?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Printer is not new, the ink is though.
Did you say the printer is new?  Did you have any problems loading the software?  Did you remove the previous drivers before loading the new ones?

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:37:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Photoman,  If the printer is not new and has been working OK till now you can probably assume it is a bad cartridge.  Take it back and get it replaced.  If you still have a problem, you should try the printer on a different computer, or reload the drivers (check the internet for updates).  If still no joy, your printer has gone tits up.  Next time don't buy HP!  Good luck
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I still have my old canon printer sitting around someplace I guess I'll have to hook that back up and see if it works. I'll try reinstalling the drivers first and if that don't work I'll hook up the old one, but that means I get to go get new ink again
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:06:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I still have my old canon printer sitting around someplace I guess I'll have to hook that back up and see if it works. I'll try reinstalling the drivers first and if that don't work I'll hook up the old one, but that means I get to go get new ink again

If you bought the ink cartridge from a local store, they should replace the defective cargridge for free.  It would be worth a try from a troubleshooting standpoint.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:39:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Photoman,  If the printer is not new and has been working OK till now you can probably assume it is a bad cartridge.  Take it back and get it replaced.  If you still have a problem, you should try the printer on a different computer, or reload the drivers (check the internet for updates).  If still no joy, your printer has gone tits up.  Next time don't buy HP inkjets!  Good luck

A quick fix for you there.  In my opinion HP LaserJets are still the gold standard.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:44:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Photoman,  If the printer is not new and has been working OK till now you can probably assume it is a bad cartridge.  Take it back and get it replaced.  If you still have a problem, you should try the printer on a different computer, or reload the drivers (check the internet for updates).  If still no joy, your printer has gone tits up.  Next time don't buy HP inkjets!  Good luck

A quick fix for you there.  In my opinion HP LaserJets are still the gold standard.

I have never owned an HP LaserJet so I bow to your opinion of them...HOWEVER, I will never own another HP deskjet printer again.  I have had three of them crap out in the last two years, and have now switched to Canon.  So far no problems with them.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:16:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have never owned an HP LaserJet so I bow to your opinion of them...HOWEVER, I will never own another HP deskjet printer again.  I have had three of them crap out in the last two years, and have now switched to Canon.  So far no problems with them.

And back when I bought the computer I thought to myself, "Well I have a perfectly good printer so there really is no reason to get another one, awe fuckit I'll just get a new one" Should have just stayed with the canon....
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:10:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And back when I bought the computer I thought to myself, "Well I have a perfectly good printer so there really is no reason to get another one, awe fuckit I'll just get a new one" Should have just stayed with the canon....

My HP PSC 1350 died after year, didn't recognize the cartridges after I spent over $50 for a new set.  Went back to using my old 1999 vintage Lexmark, just keeping the HP around since it does scans.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top