Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/13/2004 11:45:21 AM EST
System messgage: We don't discuss illegal activities here.

Uhh OK whatever..

It's not illegal. The law no longer exists.

Not anything like the "When I was younger I did drugs" posts.

Yeah, well when I was younger (a day younger) I put on a flash suppressor for 5 minutes when I wasn't supposed to...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:46:16 AM EST

Originally Posted By Xer0:

Uhh OK whatever..

Yeah, well when I was younger (a day younger) I put on a flash suppressor for 5 minutes when I wasn't supposed to...

Apparently, you have'nt read the ATF position on it.... The statute of limitations has not run out. Buh bye,
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:46:16 AM EST
Agreed.

Also, IBTL
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:46:18 AM EST
yawn
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:48:31 AM EST
Some people are just not bright.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:49:12 AM EST

Uhh OK whatever..

you win the dummy of the day award!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:51:38 AM EST
I think it was a bit of a stretch to call this illegal activities and then close the thread, but that's just me.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:52:20 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/13/2004 11:52:52 AM EST by ar50troll]

Uhh OK whatever..

it was illeagal at the time and you commited it to text. Not good.

Edited to add
IBTL
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:54:05 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/13/2004 11:55:23 AM EST by Xer0]
OK, that's fine on that (and I spologize for doing so), but then please discuss how the ATF could actually bust someone for something like that (after the law has gone). I did glance over the ATF doc, but only read the ban being over part.

I don't mind being locked, ut I just don't understand the difference between the "I did illegal stuff like drugs" before posts from others, and this one.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:54:17 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:06:06 PM EST
OK, smart people, my understanding of statutes of limitations is that there is a defined period from which a crime is done, and by which you may be prosecuted for it under an "existing" law. As there is NO assult weapons law anymore (as in non-existing), how exactly does a statutes of limitations come into effect.?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:08:58 PM EST

OK, smart people, my understanding of statutes of limitations is that there is a defined period from which a crime is done, and by which you may be prosecuted for it under an "existing" law. As there is NO assult weapons law anymore (as in non-existing), how exactly does a statutes of limitations come into effect.?

You break the law even if it is gone, you can still be held responsible for it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:13:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By MrClean4Hire:

You break the law even if it is gone, you can still be held responsible for it.

+infinity...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:13:42 PM EST
OK, I'm not understanding here, How exactly can you break or be held responsible for a law that "does not exist"? What would you be charged with?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:14:17 PM EST
dear god.....make.....it.....stop
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:14:24 PM EST

OK, I'm not understanding here, How exactly can you break or be held responsible for a law that "does not exist"? What would you be charged with?

It DID exist sunday night ...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:15:28 PM EST
They did you a favor by locking your thread so it would drop out of existence sooner. You reviving the topic just prove you aren't too smart.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:16:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By lvgunner777:
They did you a favor by locking your thread so it would drop out of existence sooner. You reviving the topic just prove you aren't too smart.

It should be deleted. This site is on the rader today for sure. And to admit something like this makes us all look reeeeaaalllll bad.

IBTD
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:19:19 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:20:27 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:20:57 PM EST
"Anyone who illegally possessed, manufactured, or transferred semiautomatic assault weapons or
large capacity ammunition feeding devices before the bans sunset still have violated the law
since their possession, manufacture, or transfer was illegal at the time."

From the ATF Factsheet.
www.atf.gov/firearms/saw-factsheet.pdf
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:21:08 PM EST
IBTL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:21:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:

You admitted you broke a law while it was in effect--the statute of limitations in most states is MUCH longer than 16 hours. Next you come here bragging about it. Then you whine about me trying to protect you from your own stupidity in this thread. I could have locked your account for violating the CC, but I only locked your thread. How about quitting while you're <somewhat> ahead?

Heed the word. You may already be getting a knock on your door for commiting that to print...The anti's are looking for a poster boy. hope they didn't just find one...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:22:12 PM EST
The corpus delicti rule is your friend.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:23:45 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:24:14 PM EST
It would wise to dump this thread as well.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:27:16 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:28:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/13/2004 12:29:18 PM EST by nationwide]
What a dumbass!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:29:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/13/2004 12:33:33 PM EST by virginia22]
If they legalized pot tomorrow, would you go to jail tonight for possession?

yeppers.

Chris

IBTL <<<Edit

Originally Posted By Sturmwehr:
I think it was a bit of a stretch to call this illegal activities and then close the thread, but that's just me.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:32:36 PM EST
My very first...............IBTL!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:25:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:

We are being scrutinized to an incredible degree today, of all days. We cannot have this board appear to condone the image of gun owners as non law-abiding. mmmmmkay?

Yes, I know this must be done, otherwise the guberment would come down hard with investigations on ARFCOM (RebelGray being associated with us was bad enough).

However, from the sound of things but please correct me if I'm wrong, this man didn't create a thread but made a post containing this. This is what I understand happened, and if this did happen, I see no reason to lock the thread. Delete/edit the post? That's fine, but lock the thread unless the thread was created for that intent and purpose of displaying such an act? I think that's what happened (again, if it didn't, please correct me), and if it did, I don't agree with that.

I'm not saying people should be able to lolly 'round saying "I MADE PIPE BOMBS!" and "I WANT TO KILL SO-AND-SO!", I'm just saying that if it was a random post that didn't have anything to do with the thread, that doesn't mean the thread should be locked.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:28:32 PM EST

Uhh OK whatever..

Is your post important enough to get in a hissy fit over?

So, who gives a fuck that someone locked your thread? It got locked, get over it, no one cares
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:41:06 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:11:43 PM EST
My mistake, TBK, was lock-worthy as original posted created a thread for that purpose.
Top Top