Posted: 12/9/2002 7:16:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Some real shit!

Thanks for sharing!

[beer]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 7:50:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Well my kids shoot my AR15, and they have a bb gun(crossman 760), same as me, I suppervise them, but they are not babied, my oldest son(11) drives my toyota around my father-inlaws golf course(5 speed), and they play in the woods, creek etc. They understand op orders, and fragos (Rainbow six- video game) and helped demostrate movement technices when I was a Drill Sgt. So do I think they are sheltered? perhaps, but my parents let me do alot of things that I should'nt have done(can you say juvenile probation?) so I supervise my kids, as much as possible. I give them chances to make mistakes(non life threateninig) and be the best parent I can. Oh and the wife is the SH*T!! the boys areA-B students because she stays on their AS*es to do their schoolwork.
             FREE
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 8:07:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I got this at my work email addy. So true indeed.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 10:16:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Amen.  The time when people took responsiblity for their own actions has gone right out the window.

SUE SUE SUE, it is someone elses fault.

makes me sick.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#6]
LOL! I heard Neal Boortz read this the other day.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 4:52:04 AM EDT
[#7]
This deserves a big ole bump!
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 5:02:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Bravo.

I'm 30 and I keep thinking that I am the last of us that can deal with shit.  Even those in my own generation seem hopelessly lost...

Then I'll meet some 17 year old kid who really knows what shit is, and I realize that all hope is not lost - you just have to look harder to find it these days.
View Quote

Ditto Brother...
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 5:30:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Pretty good summary of the decline of this country.

Now imagine...

As bad as it is now, what will it be in another 60 years?  If the United States still exists by then, that is.

These sort of writings only serve to detail how far the decline has progessed.

[img]http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/sadness.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 5:33:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I agree with all of the stuff in the article.  I didn't have my  first real computer till 96.  Home internet did not exist for me till 98.  If I wanted to write a paper for class, it was called a PAPER for a reason.  I did not pop out of the womb looking like a Borg all wired with PDA's and cell phones.  I have a cell phone because my folks didn't want to get their Ham Radio licenses.  I have a scar on my left cheek from when I was very young.  It was the result of me escaping my crib and nicking the side of my face on the way to the ground.  Did my folks sue, HELL NO!  My friends and I played with cap guns, smoke bombs and other "explosive devices" and if one of us were injured, we would probably be given a whoopin after the wound was treated by soap and water, a mother's kiss and a bandage --  not ultra-anti viral, anti-bacterial, pain-killing, environmentally friendly, disinfectant/cooling spray.  If mom brought out the disinfectant spray, I would run like hell!!  That stuff felt like my wound was being cauterized -- built character.  Children's medicines tasted like pure poison but they did the trick and it had all of those nasty ingredients that supposedly cause strokes.  I was teased in school and I teased back.  Name calling, fistfights, the whole bit.  Once the fight was done, we went to the principal's office and out came the paddle.  None of this "put-down free zone" crap and "time outs" like at my mother's school!

All of this I endured plus what the article pointed out and I turned out just fine.  No mass shootings, no anti-depression drugs, no therapy, just good upbringing.

Thanks Mom and dad

--thoughts from a 20 year old
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top