User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2005 3:16:02 PM EDT
CDN$1.20/liter
Thats
CDN $4.54/US Gallon

or US$3.82/US Gallon.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Be patient. Prices here in upstate New York are starting to go down again. Some are as low as 3.19/gal today.

Lots of good things happening in the oil market today, so proce declines should continue to abate.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:07:37 PM EDT
[#2]
What's Katrina got to do with world oil/gasoline prices? I expected gasoline prices in the USA would be affected, but Canada and UK(it's up to +95p, BBC)? There is definitely something fishy here.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Around here gas has gone down to 2.959 in some places.  I'm hoping to someday live to see gas prices below $2 again.  I'm not holding my breath though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What's Katrina got to do with world oil/gasoline prices? I expected gasoline prices in the USA would be affected, but Canada and UK(it's up to +95p, BBC)? There is definitely something fishy here.

Canada is part of NAFTA. They can sell the gas for more in the US, (Due to Katrina related shortages). If prices in Canada were not raised, all the gas would go to where prices are higher (US) leaving Canada dry. Instead, the unified market led to equivalent price raises in both nations.

European refiners are also shipping gas to US, so similar reason. It's pretty simple economics.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Around here gas has gone down to 2.959 in some places.  I'm hoping to someday live to see gas prices below $2 again.  I'm not holding my breath though.

Those days are long gone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top