Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/6/2005 3:16:02 PM EDT
CDN$1.20/liter
Thats
CDN $4.54/US Gallon

or US$3.82/US Gallon.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:34:08 PM EDT
Be patient. Prices here in upstate New York are starting to go down again. Some are as low as 3.19/gal today.

Lots of good things happening in the oil market today, so proce declines should continue to abate.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:07:37 PM EDT
What's Katrina got to do with world oil/gasoline prices? I expected gasoline prices in the USA would be affected, but Canada and UK(it's up to +95p, BBC)? There is definitely something fishy here.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:11:40 PM EDT
Around here gas has gone down to 2.959 in some places. I'm hoping to someday live to see gas prices below $2 again. I'm not holding my breath though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:30:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By warlord:
What's Katrina got to do with world oil/gasoline prices? I expected gasoline prices in the USA would be affected, but Canada and UK(it's up to +95p, BBC)? There is definitely something fishy here.

Canada is part of NAFTA. They can sell the gas for more in the US, (Due to Katrina related shortages). If prices in Canada were not raised, all the gas would go to where prices are higher (US) leaving Canada dry. Instead, the unified market led to equivalent price raises in both nations.

European refiners are also shipping gas to US, so similar reason. It's pretty simple economics.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:31:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SkyCatII:
Around here gas has gone down to 2.959 in some places. I'm hoping to someday live to see gas prices below $2 again. I'm not holding my breath though.

Those days are long gone.
Top Top