BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2002 10:39:45 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/672779/posts[/url]
this really sucks
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe we need to establish an immigration quota for Canadian soldiers that win US medals.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 10:47:31 AM EDT
[#2]
That really sucks ass... I say give him the Bronze Star anyway!!  That Canuck saved American soldier's lives!!

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 10:49:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, all I've got to say to those five Canadians who are to be awarded Bronze Stars for their bravery in protecting US troops, and who are now in danger of losing those awards due to the lame-wristed Canadian government:

C'mon down, you are just the type of folks we value in our Armed Services! You'll fit in just fine with the Americans!

Your Bronze Stars will be waiting for you to pick up in person.

BTW, do not fear - the US-Canadian border is just as well guarded today as it was on Sept 11!

Eric The(WelcomeHome!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I will Second the HUN he would fit in fine.

Ben
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#6]
We should send those guys our thanks...and a US passport.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#7]
The guy deserves more than a medal.  

[USA]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 12:02:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Shit, take this guy into the our army!  WTF is Canada thinking?  I bet the chaplain was called in to test his mental fitness and couldn't understand why the sniper could kill with such impunity.  Personally, if a chaplain was put in my face and harrassing me, I'd scream rape and watch him run!  I also don't see a problem with the picture, do you guys?
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#9]
That is really really jacked up!!! and heck no there is nothing wrong with the picture!!! Before ya know it they'll be sending the guy to prison cause he murdered some one even though it was the enemy. What kinda crap is that?

Diesel
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#10]
What? He shouted at a Chaplin? [whacko]

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#11]
If a pissed off sniper shouts at you... I'd say you got off lucky.  [:D]

Cheers and Health to our Canadian brothers in arms!!!!!  
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:10:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Canada has a military???  
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Canada has a military???  
View Quote

Actually a very well respected one...we do not crow about it much.

Its too bad that our government knows as much about it as you do.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Am I twisted?

I've been around enough dead bodies to know that they are nothing but the husk of flesh and that the spirit that made it whole has left.

I wouldn't mutilate any animal I had killed, for pleasure or humor, because I have respect for all life, but to think that this dead person is some how diminished for this, be he American or Taliban, seems absurd to be.

I would guess my family would some how feel a little more anguish if I were dragged though the streets naked after I was dead, but really I wouldn't care....

accept everyone would that I [b]WAS[/b]  a liar. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#15]
"Look at what they did to me," he said. "This is how they show their appreciation to me, by sending me back to Canada."
View Quote

Giving him the electric chair would have probably been more humane...

I'm sorry just had to make the joke.

Yeah that pretty much sucks.  Maybe a warning or something would have been better.  Perhaps he did something worse (possibly before?) and they aren't mentioning it...
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I have already called an mailed my Member of Parliment on this matter.

The BIG questions are..

1...Why did they wait TWO WEEKS to announce that he was under charges?  Why did they wait till the BIG news of the day wat the friendly fire incident?  Was it hoped that it would be losts in the fray??

2.  Why hold up the medals for the other 4?
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:45:57 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd like to know what kind of dumb ass chaplain allows a counseling session to turn into a shouting match. Seems he should be the one in trouble.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:52:55 PM EDT
[#18]
NEWS STORY
Bad soldier, or war hero?
The U.S. military wants to give him a medal -- here he faces court martial

Chris Purdy, Journal Staff Writer
Edmonton Journal

Thursday, April 25, 2002

Bruce Edwards, The Journal / Master Cpl. Arron Perry says what he wants more than anything is to return to Afghanistan to fight terrorists.

The paradox facing Master Cpl. Arron Perry is striking.

On one hand, the U.S. military wants to decorate him for his role in rescuing American soldiers during a battle earlier this year.

Yet for the past few weeks, he has been stuck behind a desk at Edmonton Garrison awaiting court martial proceedings that were brought against him by the Canadian Armed Forces.

A trained sniper, he has returned to a part-time bouncer's job at a local bar, and, when asked, he says he wants to return to Afghanistan to fight terrorists.

One more thing -- he says he has done nothing wrong.

In an interview with The Journal on Wednesday, Perry said the stress and frustrations of war in Afghanistan began last month after he had completed two deadly combat missions and returned to an austere Canadian base camp near Kandahar.

A Canadian officer in Afghanistan cautioned Perry shortly after he returned to the base that he was under investigation for a photograph recently taken of a dead Afghan fighter.

A cigarette had been stuck in the corpse's mouth. A sign on its chest read, "F... terrorism."

Perry said a journalist took the photo, which was later spotted by a Canadian commander.

Perry, a sniper with the 3rd Battalion Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, said he was angry about the investigation and what he says were his unappreciative leaders.

He had just saved U.S. lives in Operation Anaconda and completed an assault on an al-Qaeda enclave during Operation Harpoon.

Yet he said he received little congratulations and no formal stress debriefing on his return to Kandahar.

He was venting his feelings with some fellow soldiers near his tent one afternoon, when a Canadian military chaplain walked by.

Commanding officers allege Perry pointed his finger in the chaplain's direction and uttered "f... him."

"I did say that," Perry said. "But the padre had nothing to do with it. It was not directed to him. He was not in the conversation."

On April 1, shortly after the incident, Perry was charged with misconduct. Three days later, he was sent back to Edmonton to resume regular duties and await a court martial.

"I'm disappointed in the way I've been treated by my unit," said Perry, sitting in his green fatigues behind a desk at Edmonton Garrison.

"I know I have all the support of my troops."

Perry, 30, first served with the PPCLI's 2nd Battalion in Winnipeg, then joined the Canadian Airborne Regiment.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have already called an mailed my Member of Parliment on this matter.

The BIG questions are..

1...Why did they wait TWO WEEKS to announce that he was under charges?  Why did they wait till the BIG news of the day wat the friendly fire incident?  Was it hoped that it would be losts in the fray??

2.  Why hold up the medals for the other 4?
View Quote

To answer #2, I believe the hold up on awarding the medals is from the Canuck side. I guess they have procedures for allowing their men to be decorated by foreign nations...

Scott

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:58:45 PM EDT
[#20]
BTW, his being disclipined for a seperate incident (losing control in the debriefing) does NOT take anything away from the awesome job done by all five snipers.

Scott

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:17:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Dscott...read my post above yours...

IT WAS NOT A DEBRIEF!!

LOL

I am shamed as a Canadian by my governments actions....

Anyone wanna send me a greencard???
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Storm,

My bad. The FreeRepublic article made it sound like an official, military debrief. I missed where your source quoted said he was "debriefing" himself by venting with friends when the chaplain walked by. If he was off-duty and shooting the fecal matter with friends, no reason at all for it to be a displinary thing...

Scott

P.S. A chaplain of all people should have been understanding that men in combat need to vent from time to time. He needs the ruler Sister Mary corrected him with pulled out of his fecal orifice....

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Could this have anything to do with the disrespect shown toward the Canadian national anthem the other night in Detroit?
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 4:05:53 PM EDT
[#25]
No this has everything to do with a shit for brians chaplain, a federal government who thinks that war is always a bad thing...and a military that has been pussy whiped for the last 8 years.

The booing thing just got the rest of Canada in an uproar.....oh BTW they repeated it in Long Island.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Can someone please send me a US greencard? Any young lady wish to marry a Canadian?

God what a fucking weak government with no spine. So politically correct our war heroes have become subject of idiotic investigations. Canadian troops are better off with US medals, at least the US medal MEANS something. A US bronze star will be pinned on their chest with respect and pride while a Canadian metal would be like getting silver when you just won the gold at the Olympics.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#27]
I am truly embarassed by the actions of my home.
I have already sent an e-mail to the M.O.D.expressing my feelings and asking that they not court martial this man.
I also e-mailed my father, a Korean war vet, and asked that he get the KVA on this.
I apologize for the actions of the leaders of the Canadian military and government.
The Canadian military has continually distinguished itself in each and every conflict it has participated in. Their leaders have not fared so well, I am afraid.
When the soldiers promise their allegiance, their leaders should return the favor.
I AM FoCKING PISSED AND EMBARASSED!!!
BP
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:05:22 PM EDT
[#28]
I think it's the French influence.

How 'bout a special bill to make these guys U.S. citizens and bring them into our forces. (Dream on, prk).  Then give them whatever medals they deserve.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 2:39:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#31]
in the Corps said chaplain would have confronted him, locked him up (at the poa) and possibly invited him to PT until his heart exploded....then it would have been over. i hope Perry gets what he deserves. he is a warrior's warrior.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top