Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/12/2013 3:31:34 PM EDT

Cops in Canada spent several minutes wrestling with a woman as several citizens stood around recording with their cameras, criticizing the officers’ aggressive tactics.

By the time they finally managed to stick the woman in the back of the car, around the 4:30 mark, one of the officers turns to the crowd and instead of demanding their cameras as evidence, gives a full explanation as to what just had taken place.

Surreal.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2013/12/12/canadian-cops-receiving-international-praise-viral-video-surprising-twist/

View Quote

Wow. - TS

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#1]
That's excellent. Our JBT's sure could use a few lessons from our Friends Up North.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Aggressive tactics? Seems fairly gentle to me...
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's excellent. Our JBT's sure could use a few lessons from our Friends Up North.
View Quote

Fuck that.  If you have to explain "lawful use of force" to stupid, ignorant people---you might as well give up now.
If you're the cop, you're never going to convince them that you were in the right and the criminal wrong;
if you're the bystander, you're always going to be convinced that the "cops are gestapo and JBT."

They just need to continue doing their jobs and just ignore the rest.  They're never going to be able to convince stupid people any different.
Waste of their time and breath.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#4]
He did an outstanding job.

The twat with the camera was trying to instigate something or make it look like more than it was.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#5]
She needs to shut the fuck
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#6]
This time I wish the cop would've beat the snot out of the guy filming.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:05:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Fuck that.  If you have to explain "lawful use of force" to stupid, ignorant people---you might as well give up now.
If you're the cop, you're never going to convince them that you were in the right and the criminal wrong;
if you're the bystander, you're always going to be convinced that the "cops are gestapo and JBT."

They just need to continue doing their jobs and just ignore the rest.  They're never going to be able to convince stupid people any different.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's called "community policing". That man, police officer or no, is a member of the community. He is not special. He is not above anyone else, and he is not immune to criticism.

By taking a few minutes to speak with other members of the community who were upset by what is a rare and disturbing occurrence, he strengthened his ties to his community instead of severing them by acting as if he is a separate, elevated class who does not have to answer to his fellow citizens.

In the heat of the moment those bystanders would be enthralled in their emotional response to a screaming woman, but in retrospect I have no doubt that they, like most people who watch this video, understand that the cop was doing an exemplary job.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:05:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

No.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:11:13 PM EDT
[#10]
The cop was trying, but the twat waffle with the camera was trying to instigate something.  It's obvious the male cop wasn't having any of it, but watch the female cop, she was ready to shut the camera guy up.

That would have been cool to see and IMHO the camera guy deserved to be curb stomped.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:14:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's called "community policing". That man, police officer or no, is a member of the community. He is not special. He is not above anyone else, and he is not immune to criticism.

By taking a few minutes to speak with other members of the community who were upset by what is a rare and disturbing occurrence, he strengthened his ties to his community instead of severing them by acting as if he is a separate, elevated class who does not have to answer to his fellow citizens.

In the heat of the moment those bystanders would be enthralled in their emotional response to a screaming woman, but in retrospect I have no doubt that they, like most people who watch this video, understand that the cop was doing an exemplary job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:15:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Things might be different in Canada, but there is no way in hell I'm making a statement about a use of force incident to anyone before getting it on paper and officially submitted.  That's asking for trouble in court.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You nailed it.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Things might be different in Canada, but there is no way in hell I'm making a statement about a use of force incident to anyone before getting it on paper and officially submitted.  That's asking for trouble in court.
View Quote
I am confused in how this is a threat.  If you speak the truth in both the verbal and written statement, how can that lead to trouble?

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Geez, they maybe some truth to the whole Canadians are polite stereotype.

Except the guy with the camera, but he sounded French so...
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:24:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can video me all day long until you get in my way. Then you're going to jail.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
She needs to shut the fuck
View Quote

up
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You could tell that he had practiced those lines at least a few thousand times and he was biting his tongue while homeboy was attempting to bait him at the end...

That arrest was mild. Very mild.

Needs more pepper spray and taser.
View Quote

That's what's wrong with our cops, fuck someone up then decide later weather it was warranted, actually No, even if the facts are against you keep trying to convince everyone it was warranted weather it was or not.

Roy
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I am confused in how this is a threat.  If you speak the truth in both the verbal and written statement, how can that lead to trouble?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agency policies about not making statements without Public Affairs approval aside, telling the truth twice and telling the truth exactly the same twice are two very different things.

So Officer FreeRider, your statement and use of force report say youused force for x, y, and z reasons. This video taken by a bystander shows you explaining you used force for x and y reasons. Did reason z actually happen or not?

There is a reason prepared statements are always used (or should always be used) for anything like this
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's what's wrong with our cops, fuck someone up then decide later weather it was warranted, actually No, even if the facts are against you keep trying to convince everyone it was warranted weather it was or not.

Roy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You could tell that he had practiced those lines at least a few thousand times and he was biting his tongue while homeboy was attempting to bait him at the end...

Roy

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:33:45 PM EDT
[#22]
All of you praising Canada, come to work for me for 1 week...

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You nailed it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You nailed it.

Yep , I think he showed incredible restraint with the woman/perp that had the crazy.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:37:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Roy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roy

I have a lot of specific phrases I use in statements and such. Those phrases explain what I did, how I did it, etc in a manner consistent with agency policy. It's not making stuff up and its not changing facts.

You'll be hard pressed to find officers that don't do this.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:43:08 PM EDT
[#25]
In for the butthurt
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That this video has gone viral proves you entirely wrong. It's a refreshing and wanted change in LE behavior.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Canada.

Where local cops explain why they cuffed a whackadoodle up, while the RCMP Is simultaneously kicking in doors for guns after a flood
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Isolated incident!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Can't breathe? How are you screaming so much?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Those cops did nothing wrong, and could have used a little more force and be justified. I arrested a woman acting the same way, I maced her. End of story.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I have a lot of specific phrases I use in statements and such. Those phrases explain what I did, how I did it, etc in a manner consistent with agency policy. It's not making stuff up and its not changing facts.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roy

I'm sure you do, It's called Double speak.      "Roy, did you adjust the thermostat? I adjusted it as required." What exactly am I saying? Yes, No?  Did I even touch it?     Same way cops and lawyers talk.

Roy
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This time I wish the cop would've beat the snot out of the guy filming.
View Quote

I'm usually down for a good cop bashing thread, but two things stand out to me.

1) That cop was great.
2) That guy filming was a douche.

Needed some hickory shampoo and the police department should be looking to get this officer on their PR team.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#33]
The guy who took the law class needs a hickory shampoo. What an asshole. That cop should get a commendation for not punching that asshole in the mouth. Did I say that he's an asshole? No? He's an asshole.

The female cop needs a new career sharpening crayons or perhaps collecting sanitary napkins. She tactically touched the girl's ankle. Ninja move, for sure.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely!  Well said!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Hey Dom, +100 internets to you.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:11:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I like the guy demanding to know answers while the guy is trying to subdue the bitch. Like he has time to answer his question right the fuck then.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yeah giving a play by play to libtard camera trolls looks like a stupid idea. Fat girl cop should have backed bystanders back and guy cop should have gotten her cuffed and stuffed without it turning into a Wagner opera.
View Quote

It seems to be fairly popular with the public. After all, that is who they serve is it not?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#39]
That was a mess.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:46:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It seems to be fairly popular with the public. After all, that is who they serve is it not?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah giving a play by play to libtard camera trolls looks like a stupid idea. Fat girl cop should have backed bystanders back and guy cop should have gotten her cuffed and stuffed without it turning into a Wagner opera.

lol
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#41]
That "she's just a girl" BS was tiring. Crazy woman is obviously resisting and totally faking it. They went easy on her.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep..

I"m not gonna stand there and apologize for 10 mins to a bunch of ass hats for doing my job.

They didn't want to hear it anyway.

No way he could have pleased them.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote
You can tell who has experience in these matters and who doesn't. Sorry but I'm not explaining myself to a bunch of real life trolls.

ETA: Do that crap in an urban area and you're asking for trouble. Ever had bottles thrown at you because you arrested Little Pookie while he was on his way to church/boy scouts, choir practice, job interview, etc? It isn't fun. Put the person in the fucking car and roll out. Don't try to explain what you did to a bunch of instigating assholes.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You can tell who has experience in these matters and who doesn't. Sorry but I'm not explaining myself to a bunch of real life trolls.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. If the department wants to release a statement after the use of force review, then have at it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Aggressive tactics? Seems fairly gentle to me...
View Quote

This.  

That was not aggressive by any means.  Good on that guy for trying to explain, I do not think he was getting anywhere.

I have come to the conclusion that people suck.  It does not matter what side of the badge they are on, an over whelming majority (as in 99.99999999999%) of people suck bug time.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:27:54 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:39:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
He did an outstanding job.

The twat with the camera was trying to instigate something or make it look like more than it was.
View Quote

Word.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:40:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Cameraman is a dick.

"She's a girl"

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:48:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Needs more baton.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:47:09 AM EDT
[#50]
I love the stupid mouth breathers that always have to interrupt a person trying to explain things.

Canadians are pretty polite, cool cop
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top