Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 8:35:39 PM EDT
Am I gonna get in trouble if I ship this guy some mags taken apart and sent in two packages? I have a guy interested in buying some mags from me but they are Hi cap and he wants me to send them taken apart. Is this legal? Here is the corospondence so far.

Up here we have to pin mags to five rounds. Unpinned mags are prohibited devices. Plain and simply.

However the loop hole is when mags are in pieces they are not mags, they're just magazine parts kits.

I've ordered before and as long as they're not assembled (preferably the springs, followers and floor plates shipped in a different box it is perfectly legal.

When i receive them I have to drill and insert a pop rivet to limit them to five rounds before I can legally assemble them.

as long as they aren't assembled they constitute as "mag kits" and thus are not illegal.

Hope this helps.

Reply Reply With Quote Save Delete  

* All read messages will be moved to the trash unless saved.

Just trying to reassure you that it's completely legit. OUr laws are very draconian and this is what a few of us do. For some reason or another mags up here run from $45-80 and no I'm not kidding.

Also regular airmail is cheaper than sending it with other services within the states. The last batch I ordered (6 mags) cost 6.00 for one box and 3.75 for the other. I don't know why but it's cheaper for me to send a parcel to the states than it is to send one two provinves over.

Anywho, I'd be interested in the 9 30's for $54 shipped but if you'd like to pass it's fine. Just reassuring you that this isn't some crazy canuck trying to pull a fast on under the radar

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Is a few measley bucks worth possibly getting to know the ATF personally? I think not.  Tell him to shove off.  If he wants them that badly he can come to the US and smuggle them himself.

Not to mention if they are used in the commission of a crime the you become an accessory.  Besides the moral problem if they use them to kill innocent people.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#2]
He's not pulling your leg about the law up there regarding mags.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Are magazines regulated by the Federal govt to sell and ship?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:45:17 AM EDT
[#4]
any others?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:49:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I bet mags are an item that require a Dept of State export license, like gun barrels.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:30:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I bet mags are an item that require a Dept of State export license, like gun barrels.

1IV,  

While it may be legal for him to accept the magazines, I'm with gojoe that you'd better make sure they are legal to export.    
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Let him get his mags in Canada, MARSTAR has them, trust me you do not want to get involved with this.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#8]
The Canadians have to have mags blocked to 5rds anyway..
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The Canadians have to have mags blocked to 5rds anyway..

The insane part is that what prompted the ban was a shooting at the University of Montreal.  The crazy part is that the gunman used a .22LR rifle and the law exempts .22LR rifles from the capacity ban.  I grew up in Canada and remember the shooting in the news.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top