[#2]
height=8
Quoted:
Let me guess you Kiestered it.  he

Drawing from Smart Carry holster w/ extra long shirt

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:58:03 AM EDT
[#3]
That video is full of teh ghey.

Neat holster but I don't want a gun pointed right at the boys.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmmmm...... May be an option.  Thanks for posting that.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#5]
And what happens when you need to draw your weapon? You're going to unzip your pants and pull that thing out?

I don't thnk it's very practical, sure it coneals very well. But damn if you ever needed your gun in a pinch, your screwed!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:59:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
holy shit

what was that you were carrying in?  Was that some kind of special fanny-pack holster deal or what?  Where can I get one?

Is it comfortable?

Good show dude.  I was convinced you were going to pull a kel-tec out of your cargo pocket, which just isn't enough gun for me.

Smary Carry Holster.  It's also holds so tight that you can go to the gym with it.  NO BELT REQUIRED! I've done push ups and it doesn't move.  

It is impossible to have the trigger pulled because the holster is taught denim.  It's also water proof from the back side so your sweat can only get on a very small portion of the firearm if any at all

Yes it is actually quite comfortable.  Also works good for motorcycle riding.

Well fucking A dude.  Got a link for that holster?

Smart Carry Home page  Tell them passive sent you and they will do you no harm.

Actually the owner is a great guy and you can order any size holster you want.  (Even one with a tiny pouch for holding money etc).  The straps are made larger so you can either gain or lose weight and still have it fit.  

Best holster ever for deep concealment.  I wear mine almost every day I leave the house.

I plan on purchasing a glock 26 soon but right now I am carrying a glock 19.  The mid-size glocks are probably a bit large for this type of carry.  Have you tried it?

I think I will definitely be purchasing one of these as soon as I get my glock 26.  

Sometimes deep concealment is necessary.  For example, if I have to travel through california one day where I'm not supposed to carry...well...if I felt the need, I'd like to make sure I didn't get caught.

Sometimes there are just times when you either have to do some type of physical activity that is going to cause you to print, or you just want deep concealment.  This looks like a great option.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:59:25 AM EDT
[#7]
as soon as you started to remove your belt i quit watching
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:02:29 AM EDT
[#8]
geeze some of you guys are so insecure in your manhood you can't even watch a deep concealment demonstration or what?

I am really glad you posted this.  I would have never believed those holsters worked that well or were actually comfortable AT ALL without seeing the video.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:53:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Damn I really would like to get some feedback from people who have actually carried a glock 19 with this thing daily.

I wonder if I ordered one for my glock 19 if it would still be the right size for the glock 26 I am going to have before too long.
Ok, I wont model but dug my two out.
I dont know if the op's holster is same or better design than the thunderwear but I wore the 19 in mine for work.  I wore the SA ultra compact a few times as well, but prefer more rounds in the 19.
The sizes, Med and LRG are the waist size not pocket size. Pockets on both and on both sides for lefty and righty carry are the same.

This shows both holsters. Large has a wear spot. It was worn for work alot. Guns are an old 19, an SA ultra compact 45 and a G21 (full sized 45)

This one shows the SA and 19 with spare mags inserted.

For pocket sizes, this shows John Woo and the 21 inserted.

This is my undies carry for known SHTF! (BAR)

For concealment and not losing it in a brawl, this is the way to go. It is not as comfortable as an ankle but if you end up on the ground and someone grabs a leg, they found the ankle gun. I was always able to present it quickly. The more scared they make you, the faster you can get it out!

It rides down the front and does not aim at dick or balls. If it went boom, you might catch one in the opposite calf or something. I have been in many fights with one and never had an issue. I wore it under jeans and BDU's.

Pissing is a pain. You have to pull the snake out the side or undo the belt for easiest access. Once you pull it around the side, it ends up being like a car seat on a long ride, once you move it, it never feels right.

ETA:
Hope the info helps.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:27:02 AM EDT
[#10]
It's all fun and games until someone loses their balls!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#11]
ok guys.  I've been doing some reading over at the comments section of the smart carry website.

The medium holster is what they recommend for both the medium size glocks and the baby-glocks.  This is due to the thickness.  The small holster does work for the baby-glocks as well, but over there the consensus is that the medium sized holster is slightly better suited to the baby glocks just because glocks are so thick.

So, to answer my own questions, ordering a medium sized holster for my glock 19 now, will work for my glock 26 when I get one.

A lot of people over there have used this holster both with the medium sized and full sized glocks and rave about how well it works.

I am going to be ordering one of these holsters!

eta:  As for the original poster, thanks for sharing!!!  I am REALLY glad I came across this thread!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:41:01 AM EDT
[#12]
One more question.

How much wiggle room is there between the fabric of the holster and your glock?  Could you stick a pencil down in between the pistol and the holster without much force?  That's always been my litmus test for protecting the trigger gaurd / trigger of a chambered glock.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How easy is it to pee with this set up?

In the comments section of the seller's website, people were saying that it was easier then they had expected.

A few said they prefered to do it in a stall instead of the urinal.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
My concern with this is someone trying to reholster under stress or after a full adrenalin dump.  That would be a miserable place for an ND, if a finger or something else got tangled in the trigger guard... like an extra long shirt!

For safety, I say the only real way would be take it off, place the pistol in the "holster" then strap it back on. Even with that, that is not a very good area safety wise for weapon carry!   The muzzle sweeps some very critical areas.  AND no!  I am not talking about "the boys".  

Anyone ever hear of the femoral artery?  How long would it take to bleed out of an artery that was finger to thumb size?  

Here is a partial answer.  A cop took a hit in the femoral during a shoot out.  His buddies immediately dragged him out of the line of fire.  He left a swath of blood a foot wide from where he was dragged.  Had there not been an ambulance with paramedics on the scene when it happened, he would have bled out and died.  Yes, you would bleed out that quickly.

So, an injured "winky" or a missing nut would be a terrible thought, but not one who posted even noted the true danger of a muzzle near the femoral!

"But that would never happen to me!"  How many posts have there been in just the last month on this board with pictures and descriptions of an ND that hit flesh?  Was it 2 or 3.  One last question.  If an ND hit the femoral artery, would an ambulance arrive in time!!!

Just something to think about!!!

That was my first thought as well.

From what I gather, the muzzle actually points at the ground between your legs.  So it you were re-holstering, it theorectically wouldn't be pointing at your femoral.

There is always the issue of muzzle sweeping the femoral while moving the firearm in the direction of the holster before actually re-holstering, but not actually during reholstering (where there is more possibility of error).  I'd say that if someone has an ND during that motion, they have bigger problems to worry about in the first place, with any type of holster.

eta:  definitely something worth discussing though
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn I really would like to get some feedback from people who have actually carried a glock 19 with this thing daily.

I wonder if I ordered one for my glock 19 if it would still be the right size for the glock 26 I am going to have before too long.

The owner actually recommended I get the medium size.  That way it would work for a glock 26 and a glock 19!  There is a way to get a larger holster and use a safety pin or something to use a smaller firearm.  Sizes are large, medium, small (which I have and use) and extra small.

Here is the video showing you can NOT pull the trigger so no worries to having one in the chamber.  

can't pull trigger

Also from first post Trigger can NOT be pulled while in holster

Turn your finger/etc the other way, i.e. up towards you. That's how fingers hook triggers, not pointing along the forward axis of the firearm.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:47:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The owner actually recommended I get the medium size.  That way it would work for a glock 26 and a glock 19!  There is a way to get a larger holster and use a safety pin or something to use a smaller firearm.  Sizes are large, medium, small (which I have and use) and extra small.

Here is the video showing you can NOT pull the trigger so no worries to having one in the chamber.  

can't pull trigger

Also from first post Trigger can NOT be pulled while in holster

Turn your finger/etc the other way, i.e. up towards you. That's how fingers hook triggers, not pointing along the forward axis of the firearm.

I wouldn't mind seeing this as well.

...the upside, is that if you buy this holster, the web site says you can send it back if you don't like it.

eta:  plus, with what the video already displayed, there is no way in hell that a glock's trigger with a functioning trigger safety is going to be pulled.

I highly doubt that ANY trigger could be pulled through that holster, from the looks of the video.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#17]
With that shirt on a normal IWB holster would have concealed it just fine anyway....
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
With that shirt on a normal IWB holster would have concealed it just fine anyway....

not when you bend over and such.

depends on the person and the holster I guess.  BUt I know that if I turn the wrong way with my IWB, there is definitely a print.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#19]
I will stick to my ctac, not that I would CCW anyway
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Let me guess you Kiestered it.  

In all seriousness it is a good concealment but can you get to the weapon in an emergency?  I don't want to have to unbuckle my pants in a gun fight.

Drawing from Smart Carry holster w/ extra long shirt

Putting it back in the smartcarry, I was sure you were gonna shoot yerself in the ding ding
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#21]
height=8
Quoted:
With that shirt on a normal IWB holster would have concealed it just fine anyway....Try wearing a CTAC with an employer that doesn't like ccw or a place there are children and parents around (not in a school)  Laying on the ground hooking wires up, going up and down ladders, rolling over etc.  IT work is a blast.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Why do I feel that I've just been e-raped?

I don't want to see a dude unbutton his shirt.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:05:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I had a C-tac for my P99. It was the most uncomfortable, unconcealable piece of crap I've ever owned-it was easier to make an Unkle Mike's nylon belt holster disappear than it was to conceal that freaking c-tac. I'll stick with my Tucker rig or my P32 and belt clip.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a C-tac for my P99. It was the most uncomfortable, unconcealable piece of crap I've ever owned-it was easier to make an Unkle Mike's nylon belt holster disappear than it was to conceal that freaking c-tac. I'll stick with my Tucker rig or my P32 and belt clip.

Odd, I find it works well with my Xd45.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

not when you bend over and such.

depends on the person and the holster I guess.  BUt I know that if I turn the wrong way with my IWB, there is definitely a print.

Why are you bending over all the time when in public?

Take a knee...
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try wearing a CTAC with an employer that doesn't like ccw or a place there are children and parents around (not in a school)  Laying on the ground hooking wires up, going up and down ladders, rolling over etc.  IT work is a blast.

You are never going to convince much of the crowd here.

Ever since the "I can conceal a Mk 23 no problem" thread, that has become clear to me.

Of course, the threads about carrying in place where it is not legal are often very revealing.

Simply put, concealed means different things to different people.

When your life or liberty depends on nobody knowing you are armed, you approach things differently.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:39:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Everyone just has to use what works for them.  I think that is pretty much the bottom line, but then again everyone already knows that right?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:45:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I didn't watch the videos, but I've been using a Smart Carry for about 3 years.  For those of you who keep making the comments about pointing a gun at your balls, it just doesn't happen.  If you had a AD (meaning a mechanical gun failure that caused a bullet to be sent out the barrel), you might get hit in the foot, depending on what you are doing.  If it hits your balls, you are wearing it completely wrong.

I can wear mine with any type of clothing.  Dress pants, jeans, shorts, Umbros, sweat pants, you name it.  Unless I get knocked unconcious and have to be stripped at the hospital, or have to pull my gun out and use it, no one is going to know that I am carrying.  Walking, running, hand stands, sitting, rolling around, the gun is not coming out on accident.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I didn't watch the videos, but I've been using a Smart Carry for about 3 years.  For those of you who keep making the comments about pointing a gun at your balls, it just doesn't happen.  If you had a AD (meaning a mechanical gun failure that caused a bullet to be sent out the barrel), you might get hit in the foot, depending on what you are doing.  If it hits your balls, you are wearing it completely wrong.

I can wear mine with any type of clothing.  Dress pants, jeans, shorts, Umbros, sweat pants, you name it.  Unless I get knocked unconcious and have to be stripped at the hospital, or have to pull my gun out and use it, no one is going to know that I am carrying.  Walking, running, hand stands, sitting, rolling around, the gun is not coming out on accident.

So how do you take a leak?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:48:54 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

What is your carry gun if I may ask?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Are you one of those people that walk around in the mall talking on one of those blue tooth ear devices?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Nope I use it to record audio :)

To go to the bathroom you simply push it over to the side slightly with your thumb.  It's very easy
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#33]
This shit needs to be tacked in the ccw / carry issues forum.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#34]
height=8
Quoted:
This shit needs to be tacked in the ccw / carry issues forum.

I guess it is pretty good for all the info.  I could have posted it there.  Oh well more people here lol.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Don't you have any trusted friends or family members you could have asked this?  I personally think it is pretty stupid to have a video of yourself, accessible to millions, showing where you conceal carry and the fact that you do.

Congratulations, you made yourself for all to see.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#36]
I doubt anyone here will remember me months from now if they ever saw me anyways.  And which one of you is going to come squeeze my manhood? Seriously I started doing this, because pictures didn't convey printing properly.  Video is hundreds of pictures and you can see how clothing moves.  I've seen so many people obviously printing and they think they are fine.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:59:49 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Don't you have any trusted friends or family members you could have asked this?  I personally think it is pretty stupid to have a video of yourself, accessible to millions, showing where you conceal carry and the fact that you do.

Congratulations, you made yourself for all to see.

I doubt any person with nefarious intentions that could strategically benefit from that video, and who intends harm to the OP, is going to see that video.

You obviously did not read the thread or watch all of the video's either.  The point of the video wasn't to get feedback on wether he was printing.  The point of the video was to demonstrate these holsters, and share tech knowledge with the community, which is the primary point of a forum like this.

I am glad that he posted it.  I would never have given that method of carry a second thought had I not seen this.  That is like saying all of the people who post videos or pictures from the range are putting themselves at risk because crooks are going to know they own expensive firearms.  And as far as the chances that someone whom the original poster wouldn't want to know he was carrying are going to be surfing arfcom or glocktalk or even youtube and find that video?  I am pretty sure that anybody who surfs glocktalk or arfcom is not going to care that he has a CCW.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top