Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 3:39:36 PM EDT
The other day at work my boss was telling me about watching some black guy shave with a plastic spoon, and said something about black people being able to do it. any thoughts on this?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:42:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/21/2008 3:43:56 PM EDT by Keith_J]
They sometimes use a hair removal powder junk, then after letting it set for a few minutes, a dull scraper is used.

This is done because they can get "shaving bumps" or ingrown hairs as their beards are very curly. Like acne, only nastier.

Doc in the movie Hamburger Hill had a "shaving profile" so he didn't need to shave. Common in the Army to see a brotha with a beard and still be in compliance with AR 670-1
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:44:07 PM EDT
Yeah... they can.

When I was in the Corps, I used to see black guys with "shaving bumps" use this nasty smellin' shit called Magic Shave to shave with.

They'd make a cream with it, spread it over their beards and scrape it off with a plastic spoon.

I don't how they could stand the smell of it- it smelled like a cross between rotten fish and a 3-day drunk beer fart.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:45:24 PM EDT
Beard of Truth?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:31:26 PM EDT
i've seen inmates melt down a pls. spoon then use the wall to sharpen it then make a sharp little knife with it
Top Top