Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/14/2006 12:49:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/14/2006 12:55:28 PM EDT by NorthernBornRebel]
f you can read this, you have a strange mind too
Can you raed tihs? Olny 100 plepoe can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:52:58 PM EDT
Yes, but then I already know how to read and have been doing it for decades.

One of the things so-called "linguists" try to do with things like this is "prove" that language is innate, and that we don't really have to teach our children "proper" grammar and spelling, because the inherent power of our minds means we can "read" crap like that and extract the meaning for it.

Of course, when they write the papers and books espousing this bullshit, they do it in perfectly spelled grammatically correct English.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:53:01 PM EDT

in teh wolhe wrdol?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:54:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KBaker:
Of course, when they write the papers and books espousing this bullshit, they do it in perfectly spelled grammatically correct English.

To be fair, Noam Chomsky is a big hypocrite in a lot of other ways than just linguistics.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:54:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NorthernBornRebel:
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Spelled like a true Arfcommer!

(It is a neat mind-trick, though.)
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:54:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bastiat:

in teh wolhe wrdol?

yse, ni teh wolhe wrdol!
Top Top