Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2002 8:36:56 AM EDT
Can you party in heaven? Some people say yes, others are calling it a sin to drink. What do you say?
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:39:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Better off to mosey on down to hell for a weekend bender or two than risk it...  [;)]

the_reject
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:44:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Better off to mosey on down to hell for a weekend bender or two than risk it...  [;)]

the_reject
View Quote

LOL!!!! One of my religious friends was complimenting me on having a rather tame weekend in Vegas. She told me that it's better to be good and make it to Heaven than go hog wild and go to hell.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:45:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Can you sniff glue in Heaven? [%|]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:45:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, if it's a sin to drink, then everyone in my church is going to hell, because we drink wine every Sunday!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:46:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Uh-oh!

I'm afraid I have some rather unpleasant news for you!

Eric The(I'llTellYouLater!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:53:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well, if it's a sin to drink, then everyone in my church is going to hell, because we drink wine every Sunday!
View Quote

Doesn't the wine represent God's blood? Wouldn't that be different?
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#7]
yes, because by definition everything good is there. but only in moderation, you cant drink to excess.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:58:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
yes, because by definition everything good is there. but only in moderation, you cant drink to excess.
View Quote

Does that mean you could drink as much as you wanted, and never get drunk?

I'm not sure if that is a blessing or a nightmare...

the_reject
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Great, so would everything else that I like on Earth be in heaven, too?
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#10]
[polka beat]
In heaven there is no beer,
That's why we drink it here,
And when we're gone from here,
All our friends will be drinking all the beer.
[/polka beat]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:02:53 AM EDT
[#11]
If your idea of heaven is Valhalla, then you can drink to your heart's content.  It may even be mandatory.  You may want to check with a Viking on this one...

[beer]

-White Horse

Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:04:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Does that mean you could drink as much as you wanted, and never get drunk?
I'm not sure if that is a blessing or a nightmare...
the_reject
View Quote

i dont know. whoever dies first, let the rest of us know, ok?
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:07:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

of course. but only if it's really good, no cheap swill.
best of all, i am an ordained minister, so my word is good on this. [url]www.ulc.org[/url] trust me!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:08:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:13:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

best of all, i am an ordained minister, so my word is good on this. [url]www.ulc.org[/url] trust me!
View Quote

I mean fast cars, AR's, amusement parks, the love of a good woman, beaches, things that make me happy. Will all those things be in heaven? BTW, thanks lurker. You've made my morning.

Peace,
John
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I can assure you that there is no drinking alcohol in heaven; instead, everyone is provided with uninterupted booze intravenously.

That is why it is called heaven.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:14:43 AM EDT
[#17]
If you are a veteran who fought in foreign wars and an American then you get to drink in heaven. Otherwise to bad.  You see their are Marines at the Front Gates (of course there in dress Blues).  And then you get to Micheal the ArcAngels part of town and thats where all the Americans hang out.  Bars, Pubs, etc.  I know this is the way it is because Americans are all the time going around saving everyone's ass down here on earth. And there is a limitless supply of BOB WILLS, Johnny Cash, and Willie Nelson, Plus lots and lots of Bluegrass.

Ben
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:16:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Can you party in heaven? Some people say yes, others are calling it a sin to drink. What do you say?
View Quote

Let's see, AR's, plenty of ammo, same wife for 20 some odd years, house paid for. This must be heaven, and I'm having a beer!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:19:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh yeah you can drink in Heaven. You can also count all of your old teeth with the tooth fairy, play poker with a Sasquatch, jump rope with angels....all sorts of neat-o things to do.

I'm looking forward to blowing big pretty bubbles with leprechauns while riding bare back on unicorns too!![%|]

Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Oh yeah you can drink in Heaven. You can also count all of your old teeth with the tooth fairy, play poker with a Sasquatch, jump rope with angels....all sorts of neat-o things to do.

I'm looking forward to blowing big pretty bubbles with leprechauns while riding bare back on unicorns too!![%|]

View Quote

Damn, dude. Are you shroomming or something? must be some really good drugs.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:39:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I mean fast cars, AR's, amusement parks, the love of a good woman, beaches, things that make me happy. Will all those things be in heaven?
View Quote

yes, anything that makes you really happy and doesnt actually hurt anyone. sunsets, the feel of mud between your toes on a warm summer day, guns never break except if you like to fix them, that clean smell after a rain.
ive heard that dog heaven (chasing squirrels) is actually squirrel hell.
Quoted:
BTW, thanks lurker. You've made my morning.
Peace,
John
View Quote

and you just made mine!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 10:06:44 AM EDT
[#22]
wonder if theres guns in heaven?

i think so
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 10:10:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Sure there is.
...and ponies, and cotton candy, Martians, flying elephants, etc.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 10:30:17 AM EDT
[#24]
AlkeeHall is for sissies..up there they got something..much more potent
and it flows like water....
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
[polka beat]
In heaven there is no beer,
That's why we drink it here,
And when we're gone from here,
All our friends will be drinking all the beer.
[/polka beat]
View Quote

Ya beat me to it, Malpaso. [:)]

Then again, didn't Benjamin Franklin say, "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."?  Maybe there will be beer in heaven, after all.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 10:46:44 AM EDT
[#26]
9DivDoc Wrote:

View Quote

That is very clever.

Ben
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 10:51:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Can you party in heaven?
View Quote

But of course, otherwise it would be called hell.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Guys, I don't know about heaven or hell...and I don't want to wait and find out. I do everything right now and here on earth. I drink as much as I want, enjoy life, and if I ever want anything I still can get it (with a little hard work).  In Heaven, the only thing good about is that you don't have to get up every morning to go to your 9 to 5 job.

As a matter of fact I will party tonight! [beer]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 11:11:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Any day above ground is a great day!
True. AR_Rifle
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 12:05:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can you enlighten me to what you are talking about?
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

I've got a liberal puke "friend" who claims that this so called church in which he is also an ordained minister is going to allow him to legally dodge the next draft. I don't buy it.

Link Posted: 4/24/2002 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Only the infidel Americans can drink alcohol in heaven, everyone else is excluded, especially the [b]Arabs[/b], they have a special room where lots of virgins await them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#33]
If there is no drinking in heaven I'm not going...

If there are no shooting ranges in heaven, I'm not going....

If there are no poolhalls in heaven, I'm not going...

If I can't fly gliders in heaven, I'm not going...

Aww hell, I'm probably not going anyway so why worry about it :-)

Anybody have a handbasket I could borrow?

Link Posted: 4/24/2002 1:38:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Jesus himself said he would drink with us in heaven:

"I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom."
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Amen, Brother BTP, it's called the [b]'Wedding Feast of the Lamb.'[/b]

Right here, I would ordinarily launch into a sermon, but I think not today!

Eric The(InvitedGuestsMustRSVP!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn, dude. Are you shroomming or something? must be some really good drugs.
View Quote

That's odd...I always thought serious drugs would be the only explanation as to why anyone would actually believe in heaven.

No drugs here.....I just leave fantasy land to the children and the brainwashed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 2:39:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Heaven?
Isn't it eternal happiness?

Than I must be intoxicated ALL the time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I've got a liberal puke "friend" who claims that this so called church in which he is also an ordained minister is going to allow him to legally dodge the next draft. I don't buy it.
View Quote

quaker, maybe? it does say in the bible "thou shalt not kill". some people take that very, very literally. he may just possibly be sincere, ask him about it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:09:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

quaker, maybe? it does say in the bible "thou shalt not kill". some people take that very, very literally. he may just possibly be sincere, ask him about it.
View Quote

I was talking about this: [url]http://www.ulc.org/[/url]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#40]
I know I'm going ,so I sure hope so! I also think that health food will be chocolate, nicotine will be good for you, and people who exercise all the time will put on fat!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Yippee!!!!!!!!!
I just became a Reverand of the Universal Life Church.....AND....I have the documentation to back it up!!! Yeeeeeee Hawwwwwww!!!!!

Anyone want to get married? Divorced? Let me know....I'm AR15.coms newest holy man and I'm here to serve. Woooooo Hooooooo!!!!!

My credentials are legit and I'd be happy to forward them to you prior to conducting your cerimony....legal in ALL 50 states!!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:41:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Will there be Mogan David in Heaven
Oh Lord, we'd all like to know
Will there be Mogan David in Heaven
If there's not, Who the Hell wants to go......

The Doors of the Mission are open at seven
and the soup will be ready about nine
right now its four thirty, their ragged and dirty
their standin, and sitten, and laying in line

Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:45:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

You won't want to.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:45:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

i dont see anything about dodging the draft on their web page. and while i dont take them, or my "ordination" seriously, i dont see anything objectionable in their tenets:
"We ask only that you promote the freedom of religion and do that which is right and it is up to the individual to determine what is right, as long as it does not infringe on the rights of others and is within the law."
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:16:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You won't want to.
View Quote

I'd still like to enjoy some Earthly pleasures.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You won't want to.
View Quote

I'd still like to enjoy some Earthly pleasures.
View Quote

Answer, sin is anything YOU know or believe is wrong.. Its varies from peoson to person, its not healty to judge when most of us practic the same.

Ok with that said
You guys are funny. It won't be physical its spiritual. I'm sincere in saying this, what I deem cool in this world, won't compare with the profoundness of being with my Father and Lord.

But since I'm here pass the ammo, and lets blast something, yes I still fight with the flesh
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top