Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 10:17:42 PM EDT
I am usually left-handed, but I am mostly ambidextrous.  I can write somewhat well with my right hand, I can shoot OK with my right hand, I can't throw for crap with my left hand, I absolutely can't use left-handed scissors, and I can eat and peel a potato with either hand.

But with my right hand I can flex my wrist so that it is completely rigid while my fingers are completely limp, but no matter how hard I try, I absolutely cannot do it with my left hand.  I can flex my fingers AND my wrist with my left hand, but not just my wrist.

Anyone else have something weird like that?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am usually left-handed, but I am mostly ambidextrous.  I can write somewhat well with my right hand, I can shoot OK with my right hand, I can't throw for crap with my left hand, I absolutely can't use left-handed scissors, and I can eat and peel a potato with either hand.

But with my right hand I can flex my wrist so that my hand is completely rigid while my fingers are completely limp, but no matter how hard I try, I absolutely cannot do it with my left hand.  I can flex my fingers AND my wrist, but not just my wrist.

You eat potatoes raw?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:20:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I can think of one...  
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:21:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:21:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But with my right hand I can flex my wrist so that my hand is completely rigid while my fingers are completely limp, but no matter how hard I try, I absolutely cannot do it with my left hand.  I can flex my fingers AND my wrist, but not just my wrist.

You eat potatoes raw?

Clarification:  With either hand, I can manipulate a spoon or fork for the purposes of eating, and I can use a tool designed for peeling a potato, apple, etc.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I can think of one...  

He probably doesn't want to hear about you tickling your prostate.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm mostly a rightie, but very ambidextrous... but for the life of me, I can't iron clothes or deal cards with my right hand!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:29:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Handwrite clearly
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:29:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Not so good with the left hand.

Interesting trivia-ambidextrous means "right handed with both hands"
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I can print with both hands, but my hand writing with my left hand is for sh*t.  Cannot throw with my left hand either.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:21:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I can do almost anything equally well Rh or LH but I am LH naturally. My LH writing normally looks like I have had a stroke and is even worse with my RH . I too can not use a LH Scissors. If you really want to fuck people up buy a LH can opener and see if they can use it

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:32:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I am Right handed, but can only hold things for mechanical things and a billy club with my left.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:44:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm pretty much ambidextrous with everything. Write mainly with my left hand, shoot with my right, bowl with my right but have no problem with my left.... so yeah.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:49:49 AM EDT
[#13]
i can shoot and throw left and right handed.

i write mainly with my right hand. left handed is readable, but it takes a little concentrating.

i can do pretty much anything with either hand, but it does sometimes take a bit of practice to get the left hand fully capable.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:38:46 AM EDT
[#14]
I am right handed and extremely dependent on my right hand. I suppose I could adapt to use my left hand more. I mean I am a pretty fast typist, so I don't see why I couldn't learn to use my left hand more.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:39:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Remember, I'm talking about something you can't even do a little with one hand that you can do with the other.  For example, everyone can write, throw, etc. with the other hand.  Maybe very slowly or terribly, but it's possible.  But I absolutely cannot flex my left wrist without also flexing my fingers.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:44:37 AM EDT
[#16]
I cant do anything with my left hand, not even beat off.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:47:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:49:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Image search.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:00:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I am mostly ambidextrous.

I have discovered later in life that after shooting a bow left handed most of my life I am much better right handed.

I shoot rifle or handgun both ways, no better either way. I'm right eye dominant which explains the bow but have no problem with guns either way. ???

My grandfather taught me to play baseball right handed, turns out I am better at throwing left handed. He didn't want me to have a limited choice of baseball gloves so made me throw with my right.

I write left handed, but after I broke my left hand in high school I learned to write right handed with no problem.

What hand do you wipe your ass with???
Really....I use toilet paper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top