Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2004 4:33:35 PM EDT
Machine guns are everywhere

Motorcyclist Carrying High-Powered Gun Arrested

POSTED: 4:29 pm EDT September 14, 2004

ATLANTA -- Police arrest a man they say was riding down I-75/85 with an AK-47 assault rifle slung over his shoulder.

The suspect was pulled over while riding a motorcycle near the I-75/85 split.

Police say they noticed the AK-47 assault rifle slung over the man's shoulder and followed him for a short distance before making the stop.

The federal ban on assault weapons expired today.

link

According to the Kimmer show this guy was not charged with a crime and released to travel around Atlanta with is AK on his back.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't get it.....oh, wait...the media. I'm not supposed to 'get it'.. I have a brain.

They'd hate those ATV gun-racks.....
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
No restrictions on log guns in Texas - but I am sure a cop or two would at least investigate without actually harassing the motorcyclist.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:36:31 PM EDT
[#3]
They must have open carry in Ga. Some sheeple probrobly got scared and 911'd it to the police, where they stopped him, and checked him out, then released him is my guess.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#4]
With the sheer volume of gun laws on the books, who knows.

But around here, If I were to ride around town with an AK slung over my back, I'd probably get stopped.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Here in Ohio, concealed carry license holders MUST open carry in a vehicle--including motorcycles. No long guns though.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#6]
The news nimrods even named the picture AK47
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't know about now, but back in '79, I bought an American 180 (177 rnd drum-fed .22LR semi ) and had no case for it. Just bungee'ed that sucker on the back of the Bonneville and went to the range.
Never had such respect on the road. I must sound quite the old fart, but I do not think I'd do that NOW in Miami.       Stay safe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top