Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 12:31:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 12:34:00 AM EST by Blackgun_Fun]
I checked out the Department Of Homeland Security Awards Handgun Contracts link on our home page and learned that SIG and HK were awarded two BIG contracts for handguns!

The press release states:

Approximately three million rounds of ammunition were fired through 690 handguns of 46 different models during the testing, which took almost four months to complete. Aside from the actual live firing, additional testing was conducted through laboratory analysis and armory inspections. In all, each model was evaluated against more than 50 characteristics before arriving at a technical rating. This data was used in conjunction with past performance and pricing information to select the winning contractors.

Now this would be a very interesting report to read for us gun nuts!!!

A few personal questions I would have:

How did Kimber .45's do in the testing (if they were tested) - I am trying to decide between a "Domestic" .45 or an HK USP right now.

How did Colt products perform overall?

This would be much better reading than some "little green men are real" FoIA de-classified stuff

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:07:36 AM EST
Suspect you'll find that pay-offs had more to do with the contracts than anything else.

It is after all 2004 when greed and money in ones pocket always carries more weight than actual performance......

Mike
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:10:22 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:42:40 AM EST
FOIA
Freedom of Information Act
How to Submit a FOIA Request to Department of Homeland Security
www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/display?theme=48&content=737
Top Top