Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2001 5:32:58 AM EDT
MSNBC news was just covering the Anthrax in VA. It seems that it was the CDC that determined who would be tested for  anthrax. The question is 'why did they not test the postal workers? Did they cause the deaths of them by their ommission?
How many times as gunowners have we been labeled as irresponsible by the CDC? They are one of the major anti-gun groups, one that is paid for by our tax dollars.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:39:31 AM EDT
[#1]
when i first read abotu the deaths, my first thought was...who screwed up the tests. then i realized they hadn't been tested...and was stunned. then it seemed these postal workers hadn't even aware to look for possible flu like symptom's. i was even more amazed. and then when one was diagnosed and sent home with the flu jsut a day before, it was pretty clear that there had been a serious faliure somewhere.

or maybe there just weren't enough resources to test everybody on capitol hill, plus the aides, the custodians, the plant sprayers, the House drywall teams, and then the postal workers....
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:52:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey, they're from the Government, and they're here to help us....

Check's in the mail....

I won't cum in.....well, you know....

Rich
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:00:34 AM EDT
[#3]
it was reported in today's Wall Street Journal, that although the CDC wanted to test the postal workers early-on, the febs felt that doing so would create a public panic.

gee, thanks for protecting me from a panic, at the expense of my life...[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:01:02 AM EDT
[#4]
The check is in your mouth.
Stolen from "Married With Children"
BP
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#5]
And don't forget the first anthrax death, where Tommy Thompson came out and said not to worry, the man who died was a known outdoorsman and had been on a trip recently.  Maybe they could have warned people then to watch for suspicious mail ??   Nope, don't want to panic anyone.  I, for one, would rather have the info !!!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:34:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Of COURSE we can trust the CDCP!  After all, these are the same folks who have done their utmost to waste their research money on "public health" research into the problems of gun proliferation.

They only want what's best for you.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:36:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hey, they're from the Government, and they're here to help us....

Check's in the mail....

I won't cum in.....well, you know....

Rich
View Quote

Actually, after Clinton, that got reduced to just two items (government efficiency initiative):

1) The check is in the mail.
2) "Hi!  I'm from the government and I won't cum in your mouth!"

(Sorry about the dress dear, pay for your own dry-cleaning around here.)
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 12:04:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
it was reported in today's Wall Street Journal, that although the CDC wanted to test the postal workers early-on, the febs felt that doing so would create a public panic.

gee, thanks for protecting me from a panic, at the expense of my life...[rolleyes]

View Quote

Yes, it is preferable that a few die in order to avoid the panic-stricken masses demanding Cipro post haste. The Feds make we wanna puke.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top