Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2004 2:33:58 PM EDT
I've played online games for quite some time and I have started to loose interest in games unless I have a buddy to play with. I just wanted to comment on the satisfaction of playing online with someone to relate with.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd just like to comment on relating to someone to play with.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The times I've been able to get online with you (Bushrag) and PrivateJoker have been the best.  Especially when we use Team Speak!  Being able to communicate like that is great.  Too many times I get on a team and nobody reports in and they go off on a "Rambo" and you don't know where they are!!  That's when I usually get ROE because they run into my line of fire and I didn't know they were there!!

Whe need to get something set up where a bunch of us can get together and see how we can " Be all we Can Be" to quote the old recruiting slogan!
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you guys all on TeamSpeak?  And where are ya getting together at?  I play Bridge SE almost exclusively.  Usually one of the East servers.  My computer doesn't do well with CQB.

I hear ya on the not reporting in.  I was about to just shoot some people to make my point.  But, that would be ROE points.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 12:07:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I used to play Counter-Stike along with a few friends on the phone and it was a bit more fun than rogue-ing it, even if we were technically cheating by "ghosting' when one of us was dead.

I also CO'd my own squadron in Dawn of Aces, a WWI combat flight simulator that's since been left to die on the vine by iEN, creators of the WWII combat flight sim WarBirds and that, too was loads of fun until all the inevitable infighting augered it into the ground.

As long as the people you're playing with maintain the proper perspective (it's just a frickin' game) you're OK. These days, though, I prefer Single Player games against AI enemies exclusively.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been in clans for the past six-seven years.  Sometimes they are fun, sometimes they can become like work.  It depends if you are in it to just have fun together or in it to compete against other teams in leagues.  I was in a top DC clan for a while and they practiced every single day.  Shit gets old fast.  I used to play TFC when it first came out and we had a guild-like group of guys from different clans that pubbed together.  That was the most fun I ever had in on-line gaming.  Everyone was cool, helpful, and worked together as teams.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I play often in the Clan I'm in. There's someone on TS ALL the time, we're over 200 strong and we all have a good time. I usually only play Americas Army but if I tired of playing that my Clan plays Counter Strike, BF:V, BF:1942, MoHaa and Call Of Duty. We are always recruiting, we have our own TS server and 2 of our own servers. Check the website out. www.vx9.com/
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:57:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Dizza and I play Hospital all the time, and always use TS.  It does seem boring now to play when no one I know is on the server.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top