Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2003 6:20:29 PM EDT
What’s wrong with me?

I had well over 15,000rds of ammo last month (November) but as I’m getting closer to the day my form 4’s will clear for my suppressors I have bought well over 5,000rds of subsonic ammo for pistols and another 5,000rds of subsonic ammo that I can use in my rifles of the same caliber. Then there was a sale on ammo and I purchased another 5,400rds of defensive ammo yesterday.

How can I convince my wife to spend less when I need a whole corner of the garage just for ammo?

The terrible thing is; is that if there where another SA .223 sale at Sportsman’s I’d buy one or two 2,700rd tubs. Somebody stop me!

Has anyone else ever felt at least the teeniest bit out of control in their ammo or firearm spening?

Is there an ammo-aholics chapter in the Mesa AZ area?

THISISME

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#1]
What? Did you pass up on the M10/9?

Sounds like you are on a buying spree. I wish I could be so free at the moment!

Bob
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:25:52 PM EDT
[#2]
KY-Bob, I Did not meet the sellers reserve price. I have found several others at good prices on subguns.com and will contact the sellers by phone tomorrow.

MG's just keep going up. If I don’t buy it now I will just have to pay more for one later.

I’m also going to get an M6 laser light combo for my G21 and for my P22 before my form 4’s clear for my Gemtech suppressors.

Its not that I really spending more money than usual; it’s just that I don’t have room for all the ammo and we will have to get rid of stuff to make room for it.

THISISME
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree, I am still waiting on my form 4 to come through on my M11/9 and can.

I am looking at getting another just to throw in the safe. I just need to justify it as I would have to dip into "OUR" funds. [:(]

Bob

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:50:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Both myself and my buddy had our F4's come through on our RIA M60's.  We bought 110 cases of .308 from Aim surplus.  Good deal when you get that many, $110 per case!  YeeHaaaa
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:05:01 PM EDT
[#5]
MGNiko, You must be having more fun than any man is meant to have. Last year I ordered enough .308 to get 147gr Hirt at $ 138.00 per case.

Is there a wife involved who saw you share of the 110 cases?

THISISME
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:07:11 PM EDT
[#6]
The only thing that stops me is my inability to convince the wife that food is not important. Actually, she has a nice reign on our finances so I buy when I can!
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#7]
venom_inc, I here that; My wife spends so much on food that I can only afford to buy one or two guns a month. I try to tell her that once we eat the food it’s not worth a crap but when I buy a gun it holds most of its value.

Women [rolleyes]

THISISME
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top