Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:34:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I can't remember why?
View Quote

No honest honest man needs more than 10 rds in any gun.

Or some such fuddfuckery.

http://www.thegunzone.com/rkba/papabill.html

Reasoning that the public was probably more concerned about the high volume of fire which Purdy was able to generate, than the speed at which he delivered same, Papa Bill proposed that Congress enact legislation limiting the capacity of magazines to fifteen5 (15!) rounds.
View Quote

speaking to Tom Brokaw on NBC News

* "No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun."

* "I never meant for simple civilians to have my 20 or 30 round magazines or my folding stock."

* "I see nothing wrong with waiting periods."
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No honest law abiding man needs more than 10 rds in his pistol

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't remember why?

Well than fuck that guy
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#4]
If only there was a way to search about things on the internet
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't care what you try to pull up, screw Vickers.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I think he actually aided or actively did what he could to aid the passage of some gun restrictions, like limiting magazines, as mentioned.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#8]
He was pro-AWB iirc
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#9]
This is GD, we hate everyone.

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

If we consulted Google every time we had a question; there'd be no reason for GD, except tranny threads.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
He was pro-AWB iirc
View Quote

Yep.  Conveniently, the mini 14 and mini 30 were not on the ban list.  Fucker was ok with banning other semi autos as long as it meant he would sell more rifles.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#12]
"I never meant for simple civilians to have my 20 or 30 round magazines or my folding stock"
View Quote

This would be one of the few instances where the owner dying and the company ending up in other hands actually BENEFITED said company.

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yep.  Conveniently, the mini 14 and mini 30 were not on the ban list.  Fucker was ok with banning other semi autos as long as it meant he would sell more rifles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He was pro-AWB iirc

EXACTLY WGAT HE DID. I almost went to his funeral to make sure he was in the fucking box.

all about ruger not the 2ND AMENDENT

weasel and scumbag

1texan
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#14]
He's dead. Any animosity I held toward him died with him. End of story.

Ruger has decided to get with the times since he passed, so I hold no animosity toward them, either.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Northeastern Liberal mindset. Kinda Dick Swannish.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#16]
He was a freedom-hating douchebag, but he's dead and gone now. Ruger has put THAT Numbnuts behind them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He was pro-AWB iirc
View All Quotes
Quoted:
He was pro-AWB iirc

Yeah, because his Mini 14 wasn't on the list.

Quoted:

This would be one of the few instances where the owner dying and the company ending up in other hands actually BENEFITED said company.

This
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Ruger has decided to get with the times since he passed, so I hold no animosity toward them, either.
View Quote

^ this
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Fuck bill ruger.  He also said that little people didn't need his mini 14.  Guess what, we have far better shit than your mini 14, bitch.

THAT BEING SAID -

Ruger has probably armed more good citizens with some of their concealed carry guns, and plenty of new shooters have been introduced to guns by the 10-22, so ruger gets a pass.  Still - Fuck bill ruger.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#20]
You ever try and put a MKI/II back together

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:05:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't remember why?

Reasoning that the public was probably more concerned about the high volume of fire which Purdy was able to generate, than the speed at which he delivered same, Papa Bill proposed that Congress enact legislation limiting the capacity of magazines to fifteen5 (15!) rounds.

* "No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun."

* "I never meant for simple civilians to have my 20 or 30 round magazines or my folding stock."

* "I see nothing wrong with waiting periods."

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:06:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I like Ruger better now that he's dead.

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If we consulted Google every time we had a question; there'd be no reason for GD, except tranny threads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could google transmissions. Not sure why everyone here has such a fascination about them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then life would be a bit more dull...
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:09:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote
This.

But you are edgy, cool and a real( ) supporter of the 2A if you still whine about it and boycott Ruger.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:14:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I can't remember why?
View Quote

Assault weapons ban.  He sold us out, encouraging a mag ban, and magically his products were excluded from the ban.

Ruger is a different company today, and bill is morte.

So FUCK TROY.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I can't remember why?
View Quote

Bill Ruger hated guns so much that he invented the time machine that Ronnie Raygun used to go back in time and force the poor misunderstood democrat party to institute the 1934 NFA, and 1968GCA. Bill Ruger then teamed up with android reaghan to do the same with the Brady Bill and the 94AWB. Who can forget poor "fun to have a beer with" Bill Clinton crying over being forced to sign those bills?

Or Ruger thought you could compromise with communists and got bit over it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:15:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Don't forget his refusal to sell magazines for the Mini 14 except to law enforcement.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He was pro-AWB iirc

Quoted:

This

He supported and helped the AWB get passed, once he negotiated to keep the Mini 14 off the list.

Along with all the other ass hattery. Fuck that dead cock sucker right in the ass....
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:18:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:22:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#32]
He's dead ya'll..
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Because that damned pistol of his is a Rubic's Cube.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:23:53 PM EDT
[#34]
IIRC correctly back in the day, part of it was that the then-new Glock 17 was kicking the unholy hell out of his POS P-85 and P-89.  Ruger couldn't get PD's interested in it, and certainly the civilian market wasn't buying it.  So Ruger decided if he could limit mag capacity he'd take away the Glock's advantage and everyone would flock to his P series pistols.  Didn't happen, and we got to spend a decade spending a huge wad of cash for pre-ban Glock, Beretta, or Sig mags.

IMHO, Ruger makes great .22's, great revolvers, and fair bolt action rifles.  Friends don't let friends buy Ruger centerfire semi-autos, regardless of whether they are handgun or rifle.  Yeah, I know - lots of folks have "great" 1911's or AR's.  I still won't own a Ruger semi-auto centerfire firearm.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:25:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I think he actually aided or actively did what he could to aid the passage of some gun restrictions, like limiting magazines, as mentioned.
View Quote

Bill Ruger just spent a brazillion bucks building his factory in Arizona to build the P-85 9mm 15rd pistol, when the communists started babbling about magazine restrictions (down to 5 rds in some versions) so he thought he could compromise with them at 15rds, which by some amazing coincidence, was 2rds shy of the Glock 17, which was taking all of the police contracts that his P85 could get.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:36:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This is GD, we hate everyone.

http://i.imgur.com/l7E4S.gif
View Quote

Preeeety much.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote
I seem to remember S&W involved in some anti gun movements too.

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:43:43 PM EDT
[#41]
He tried to murdered Sturm.

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0b/Ruger-SR556-Rifle.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
"I never meant for simple civilians to have my 20 or 30 round magazines or my folding stock"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0b/Ruger-SR556-Rifle.jpg

Exactly, often times it gets run straight into the ground, but in this case Ruger has become more innovative and popular in the industry.  

I do always find it hilarious when I look at my Ruger 25 round 10/22 mags.  Oh Bill, if you could see your company now.  It's become even better without you.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Well than fuck that guy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't remember why?

Well than fuck that guy

Since he died, Ruger, the company, has proven that they aren't the same as Ruger, the man. Clinging to animosity toward the company now is just idiotic.

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.  Financial Adviser Catherine Austin Fitts who served as Asst. Sect. of Housing under Bush, the father, said that home invaders don't come alone and it's not unusual to have several perpetrators involved in one incident. She points out that there is no guarantee that a homeowner can stop an invasion in they had to reload.  She wants a bigger magazine (30 round) so the likelihood of reloading is less.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
He's dead ya'll..
View Quote

And? Does this remove his fucktard status?
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Best shot show picture...

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:54:57 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I like Ruger better now that he's dead.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
IIRC correctly back in the day, part of it was that the then-new Glock 17 was kicking the unholy hell out of his POS P-85 and P-89.  Ruger couldn't get PD's interested in it, and certainly the civilian market wasn't buying it.  So Ruger decided if he could limit mag capacity he'd take away the Glock's advantage and everyone would flock to his P series pistols.  Didn't happen, and we got to spend a decade spending a huge wad of cash for pre-ban Glock, Beretta, or Sig mags.

IMHO, Ruger makes great .22's, great revolvers, and fair bolt action rifles.  Friends don't let friends buy Ruger centerfire semi-autos, regardless of whether they are handgun or rifle.  Yeah, I know - lots of folks have "great" 1911's or AR's. I still won't own a Ruger semi-auto centerfire firearm.
View Quote

I think the LCP is alright.  And from what I hear, the LC9s Pro has quite a few fans.  Other than that, I tend to agree.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's dead ya'll..

When I die I fully expect to be deified.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:57:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Back in the day Ruger and Smith and Wesson made deals to try to save their companies or get an advantage over other rivals in the business.  

They were BOTH wrong to make deals with the devils.

They were being threatened with millions in never ending lawsuits and loss of contracts..  

Today they have some protection from that.

The settlements they agreed to is how Smith and Wesson's revolvers ended up with the "Hillary Hole" in the side (lock).

I still won't buy a Smith with a lock because of that "victory" they gave the democrats.

I'll buy Ruger's because no one makes revolvers so strong and good for such bargain prices. Also no lock.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top