Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 6:48:57 PM EDT
Iran has been given a free pass to making nuclear weapons. China is getting maddder and stronger by the day. Every major oil producing country/region is past peak oil except Saudi Arabia, and now there's suspicion that they have just passed peak as well. Alaska - while past peak - has a good amount, but the very earliest we will see oil coming out of there is about ten years from now. There are very reliable estimates that Al-Queda has between 12 and 70 nuclear bombs in America right now. The Hanta virus (plus who-knows-how-many diseases) is looming over the horizon. North Korea (probably?) has nukes. The housing bubble is probably going to burst big-time soon (value of housing may drop below 50% in some areas, Fed just raised interest rates a percent). Oil is at a record high, and there are estimates that oil *may* cost anywhere from $100 to $500 per barrel before 2006 comes into being. Illegal immigrants are flooding into this country like there's no tomorrow. Plus about a hundred other looming disasters that threaten life as we know it.

I've been pretty depressed/concerened lately. Does anyone have some GOOD news for me? I would settle for convincing arguments that anything on my list of woes is incorrect/over stated.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#1]
You got it right.

We are DOOMED !!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you high?

What is this doing in AR discussion?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#4]
BIG oops......I had General discussion open in another window, got them mixed up. This isn't supposed to be here.

Of course, I'm still up for some good news...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Good News???...okay...I'll give it a shot..(pun definantly intended)

1. I suspect for many of us here...Our instincts told us this was coming long ago. Hence?...we were forwarned...therefore...for-ARMED...and as such...

2. Some of us felt we would see something like this within our lifetime..but anytime would always be "Too Soon" so.....

we have prepared ourselves to deal with what may come at anytime as best we might...singing to the cadence of....

M, I, C....(We'll C ya next week!)....K, E, Y...(Y?..Because We Love You!!!).....

M.O.U.S.EEeeeeeeeEEEE!!!!....Bye -Bye Now!!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:07:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I WAS having a good day.

WIZZO

BTW, the sun comes up tomorrow......................unless there's a nuclear holocaust tonight.

Sleep well.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Iran has been given a free pass to making nuclear weapons. China is getting maddder and stronger by the day. Every major oil producing country/region is past peak oil except Saudi Arabia, and now there's suspicion that they have just passed peak as well. Alaska - while past peak - has a good amount, but the very earliest we will see oil coming out of there is about ten years from now. There are very reliable estimates that Al-Queda has between 12 and 70 nuclear bombs in America right now. The Hanta virus (plus who-knows-how-many diseases) is looming over the horizon. North Korea (probably?) has nukes. The housing bubble is probably going to burst big-time soon (value of housing may drop below 50% in some areas, Fed just raised interest rates a percent). Oil is at a record high, and there are estimates that oil *may* cost anywhere from $100 to $500 per barrel before 2006 comes into being. Illegal immigrants are flooding into this country like there's no tomorrow. Plus about a hundred other looming disasters that threaten life as we know it.

I've been pretty depressed/concerened lately. Does anyone have some GOOD news for me? I would settle for convincing arguments that anything on my list of woes is incorrect/over stated.

Good news?  The AWB is still sunset in free states such as those you and I live in!  Stock up on more AR's and accessories now while you have a chance!  If the SHTF scenarios you mention above come to pass, you will be glad you did.  If a new AWB is passed (likely if a Commiecrat gets the white house in the next election), you will be glad you did.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Why do the words "Im depressed" not sit well with me in a rifle forum.Listen man snap out of it theres the way things ought to be and the way things are.If you worry about everything youll never find time to live.So come back to reality and realize every day above ground is a good day..theres something to be happy about.Not for nothing this discussion doesnt even belong in general discussion it belongs between him and his shrink.Im not trying to be mean but Im not ready to curl up and die...time enough for doom and the grave
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:13:06 PM EDT
[#11]
If/when the ROP gets any nukes into our country, they will use them ASAP.   Where are these "very reliable estimates" coming from?   Somebody's been bullshitting you.

Oil will rise but not as fast as you think.

Thats all I got.  The rest are rational fears.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
There are very reliable estimates that Al-Queda has between 12 and 70 nuclear bombs in America right now.

Oh, and IBTL.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#13]
IBTL

this is what GD is for
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:59:51 PM EDT
[#14]

We have a variety of oil wells here that are not being used because oil is still cheaper to import. I imagine we would quickly deside to drill more here. We actually have lots of oil here, but because of government regulation (based on pressure from the environmentalists) we can not drill for it or its too expensive to drill for it

Agreed. but $5-$6 dollars a gallon would kill the economy, and many companies..

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#15]
IBTL
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Man Geico insurance for me is twice what I am paying now I am fubared.

On a better note the Army is giving out nice fat bonus' right now
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:53:39 AM EDT
[#17]
The world is a scary place right now. We are in the middle of World War IV with the "fundamentalist ass-holes" and looming in the distance is an enemy that has more than cowardly attacks to kill Americans. The North Korean situation is VERY serious. Much more so than Iran. The Koreans

believe in thier propaganda, as do we Americans*except are propaganda as a little more factual*
and they will fight. The Koreans are known to have heavy armor and thier world renouned 100+mm guns ready to support a massive assault into the south. They have been constructing tunnels into the South big enough to move thousands of commie pinkos and vehicles through. The border and capital of Seoul would be overwhelmed immediatly. Our only response would be to target the

troop/armor formations with SLBMs or other tactical nuclear assets, like the B2's which were transfered from Whiteman MO to Guam and the priority tasking of other assets in the theatre to prevent/deter/reconcile North Korean aggression. North Korea has a history of incursions into the south where they kill and abduct with alarming frequency. The NoDong 3 is now online and

deployed which can target Alasaka and Hawaii for sure, possibly the western USA, especially if launched from a ship or submarine, like thier Kilo class boats which they have reportidly been modifying a launcher, similar to our own vintage Regulus missile.This situation will likely follow this outline.
1. DPRK will continue with thier current black mail contingency, which will ultimatly fail causing them to test a nuclear device, which they coveretly did in Pakistan, in front of the world.
2.This will lead to a massive build up of forces near the DMZ, which has already begun in a smaller scale.
3.The test of weapons and current posture will result in hightened threat levels and increased tension and the result will be a seriously jepordized DPRK in the face of American and Asian military might.
4. Resulting pressure will cause DPRK to mount a limited invasion and scuffle to gain territory and strengthen thier hand at negotiations. This has worked over and over again in their favor. They know we are not "excited" to fight DPRK as the ensuing war will turn out in our favor, but at great costs and we have consistantly caved in to prevent the inevitable confrontation.

5.Massive retaliation by allied forces which will result in further escalation that will ultimatly end in the destruction of Pyongyang and Seoul and detonation of nuclear devices in Korea.

This situation is very dire and very dangerous and will likely come to ahead in the coming three to five years, perhaps sooner. Isreal will decimate Iran with a series of Osirisk type attacks resulting in a small regional battle, at worst Israel would nuke Iran...if that could be described as a "worse" case. The DPRK/Nuke situation is very serious and warrants attention and preperation.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:14:01 AM EDT
[#18]
the one that bothers me is the one where Osama's crowd has promised a "make 9/11 look like a day at the beach" event.

The MF-er has been right before, and based on his history- he is due.

If the GD PC police would let us take care of business - we MAY be able to avert this one.

Otherwise.........gird your loins.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:43:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh yeah, don't forget.............

Hillary in '08!  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:15:57 AM EDT
[#20]
The worst of times bring out the best in men.

Why worry? You can do nothing about the world situation, however, you can do much about your attitude.  Regardless of what happens in the future, you can choose to be depressed or upbeat, so when you are on your last hour and looking back, do you want to remember a happy life or a sad life?

Stop your freaking whining and be a man!  Be thankful to God that you are able to eat, work and see the sunshine for another day, don't have any great expectations about the future, and live everyday as if it was your last.  If you have any kids, teach them to do the same.

You don't know how lucky you are to be here today in a country that allows you freedom of expression and the opportunity to prosper. There are others out there that want to take that away from you, and you need to expect them to act on it everyday of your life. So be always ready and at peace! Do whatever you need to do to smile at the world and be tough.

Edited to say...  IBTL !!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:28:21 AM EDT
[#21]
No housing bubble is going to burst, there are only a few areas where the market prices are insane and the feds only raised the rates by a quarter percent the other day.  Things aren't that bleak.  If you have a roof over your head, food on your table, a steady job, and fair health then you should be happy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:36:33 AM EDT
[#22]
ibtl
stay off that stuff
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:49:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Oh, and let me say....

IBTL
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Could you imagine if we went to war or were on very bad terms with Iran and they stopped exportation of oil to the US?  Could you imagine how many companies would go out of business b/c they couldn't drive their trucks? We need to get away from this oil dependency in a big way!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:45:49 AM EDT
[#25]
This life is temporary, and Jesus loves you. Ask for the foregivness he offers and be secure for eternity. I can't think of any better news.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:57:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Look on the bright side...my AR6450 should come in soon!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Look on the bright side...my AR6450 should come in soon!

Sweet you'll like it allot, I really enjoy my AR6450.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Not to sound like a "evil" person but i think the middle-east is beyond saving...i know there are innocent people there but the majority are crooked and will eventually become enemies. I think we should save the lives of our own people(troops there and civilians here) and put an end to there misery(and ours). If there is even slight evidence that they could posses a nuke and set it off in the US, i think we should blow the crap out of them and be done with these constant conflicts "over there". BTW i dont trust Pakistan.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
This life is temporary, and Jesus loves you. Ask for the foregivness he offers and be secure for eternity. I can't think of any better news.

Good Luck

Yeppers....It is appointed once for a man to die...and then the judgement...

Eternity is a long time...good to know where you and your loved ones (the one's God
will hold you accountable for) will spend it....
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:04:25 PM EDT
[#30]
If you could figure a way to make cars run on water up there in da land of 10,000 you'd be the richest man on earth!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#31]
A good way to stop muslems from useing nukes on us, or any of our allies, would be to threaten that if they ever do we will nuke Mecca and Medina, their two most holy citys. Then set off a small nuke somewhere in the Middle east, just to get their attention. Also, dropping smart bombs in the houses of the leaders of Syira, and Iran while they were away would help. Just like Ragen did. Threaten them, they follow it up with a taste of what would come.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:15:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Thank you to all who responded. No, I was not/am not/never will be on drugs. I had just been exposed to too much bad, bad news in too short a time span, and was wondering if anything good was happening out there in the world (and, like I said before, made the mistake of having the AR section in one window and General in another, and got them mixed up for the first time).

And yes, God is always in control, so no real worries. BTW Greenfeet, thankage for the awesome link
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#34]
the ol' IBTL!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:56:57 PM EDT
[#35]
What can I say?  Dead terrorists make me happy.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good Luck

Yeppers....It is appointed once for a man to die...and then the judgement...

Eternity is a long time...good to know where you and your loved ones (the one's God
will hold you accountable for) will spend it....

Big +1 to both of those posts.
As for the housing bubble, it may not exactly burst, but IMHO we are due for a pretty big correction soon.  This is bad news if you just bought an overpriced house, or if you tied up all of your assets in 15 years of mortgage payments you couldn't really afford, but good news for everyone else.  
Oh, and IBTL.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#37]
IBTL
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:04:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Why don't you come ask us in the GENERAL DISCUSSION?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Why don't you come ask us in the GENERAL DISCUSSION?

Because......

Quoted:
BIG oops......I had General discussion open in another window, got them mixed up. This isn't supposed to be here.

Of course, I'm still up for some good news...

Oh, and IBTL!!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:06:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Raise your hand if you saw that coming.

*hand goes in the air*
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#42]
With that attitude your friends will stop hanging out with you, that is if they haven't allready.  Worrying doesn't fix any problems and being sad isn't a good way to go through life.  Enjoy what you have.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Raise your hand if you saw that coming.

*hand goes in the air*

+1

Heck, I was going to say that .... he beat me to it!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:15:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Does anyone have some GOOD news for me?.

I slept at a Holiday Inn last nite.

I saved a lot on my insurance.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Good News: Friday isnt too far away
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top