Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2009 5:46:47 PM EDT
It's on page 21 here––>http://www.scribd.com/doc/2965750/Platoon-Movie-Script-written-by-Oliver-Stone

King says in describing what he likes about home:  "March man in Tennessee, sniff the pines . . . sniff that crossmounted pussy walkin' down by the river."

You can check the link above for a better context, but he, Chris and some other guys are sitting around talking about how many days they have left in their tour.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#1]
King been smokin' dat shit, man!
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 5:49:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Free your mind your ass will follow.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Take the pain!
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 5:52:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Oriental puss is supposidly sideways, ain't true.

I would presume thats what thw conversation is about.

"Want some sideways pussy", crossmounted pussy. Whatever. Just soldier slang.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Nothin' like a good piece of pussy, 'cept maybe the Indy 500
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Bunny on the shotgun!
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#7]
It is possible that he was referring to the number of Southern Girls that are religious and wear the cross, so 'crossmounted'.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 6:00:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bunny on the shotgun!

"Did you see that? That's how the gook laughs. He's fucking laughing at you."

"did you ever see a head come apart like that?"
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Side sadle lady down by the river?
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Traditionally in the south, ladies rode side saddle, thus side mounted.

Riding astride would indicate an un-ladylike lady, thus cross mounted.

Which would you want to meet down by the river?  
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bunny on the shotgun!

"Hey piggie piggie, hey pig" (POW!)
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Correct-answer

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 6:09:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bunny on the shotgun!

"Let's zap all these motherfuckers!  Let's do the whole village! "
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 6:10:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Oriental puss is supposidly sideways, ain't true.

I would presume thats what thw conversation is about.

"Want some sideways pussy", crossmounted pussy. Whatever. Just soldier slang.

Interesting angle.  I didn't even think about that.

Quoted:

That's got to be it.  Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Francis: It ain't D-E-R-E, it's D-E-A-R. And "Sarah" ain't got no two R's, King. Damn you're dumb.

DAMN, YOU'RE DUMB!

CROSS= A CROSS NECKLACE. JESUS CHRIST. HELLO?

MOUNTED= MOUNT A SCOPE. MOUNT AN ANIMAL HEAD. YOU KNOW, A MOUNT.

PUSSY= PUSSY.

CROSS-MOUNTED PUSSY DOWN BY THE RIVER= GIRLS DISPLAYING RELIGIOUS JEWELRY IN PROXIMITY TO A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#16]
"War is the impossibility of reason. That's what this feels like."
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"War is the impossibility of reason. That's what this feels like."

War is Hell.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Good movie, but

"Charlie don't surf"
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#19]
You and your fucked up fire mission killed a lot of my men!!! Do you know that?!!!!! ARRRRGGGGG!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#20]
There are countless little quotes like this from movies that go over most peoples' heads (including mine).

In the movie 'Silence of the Lambs', Hannibal Lecter has some sketches on a table when Clarice comes for a visit.  He mentions in passing that the top sketch is of the "Duomo seen from the Belvedere.  Do you know Florence?".

When I was in Florence for my honeymoon, we visited the Boboli Gardens.  Next to the garden is a fort called Forte di Belvedere.  If you look out over the city from there, you have a great view of the Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore and it's dome, or 'Duomo', which is the same as Lecter's sketch:

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#21]

"Come on, boy, dig!  Get your dick skin around that thing."

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 6:35:20 PM EDT
[#22]

What we've got here is a crusader!
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#23]
woops
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:04:02 PM EDT
[#24]
RIPPER BRAVO THREE, RIPPER BRAVO THREE:  CHECK YOUR FIRE!!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There are countless little quotes like this from movies that go over most peoples' heads (including mine).

In the movie 'Silence of the Lambs', Hannibal Lecter has some sketches on a table when Clarice comes for a visit.  He mentions in passing that the top sketch is of the "Duomo seen from the Belvedere.  Do you know Florence?".

When I was in Florence for my honeymoon, we visited the Boboli Gardens.  Next to the garden is a fort called Forte di Belvedere.  If you look out over the city from there, you have a great view of the Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore and it's dome, or 'Duomo', which is the same as Lecter's sketch:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4f/Duomo_Firenze.jpg/800px-Duomo_Firenze.jpg

I caught that one.

Florence rocks.

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:17:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4f/Duomo_Firenze.jpg/800px-Duomo_Firenze.jpg

I caught that one.

Florence rocks.

I had to have lamb while I was there.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:29:43 PM EDT
[#27]
"YOU WHITE FOLKS DONE GOT YO LAST MILE OUTTA JUNIOR!!!"

Now Junior is Commander in Chief.....

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Somebody once wrote: "Hell is the impossibility of reason."
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:45:11 AM EDT
[#29]
"we got zips in the wire. I repeat, we got zips in the wire. I need you to drop all remaining ordnance inside my perimeter."

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:21:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
"we got zips in the wire. I repeat, we got zips in the wire. I need you to drop all remaining ordnance inside my perimeter."

"It's a hell of a war..."

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Stone's company commander wrote a book about what actually happening in his company, called "Platoon - Bravo Company."  Interesting read, in an interview he related later talk to Stone about the climatic final battle scene, Stone had been medivac prior to that and told LtCol Hemphill he honestly through the company was overrun that night, hence the portrayal in the movie.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:35:41 AM EDT
[#32]
"Dump everything you got left on my position, I say again, expend all remaining in my perimeter.... It's a lovely f**king war!!!! Bravo 6 Out"
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:48:28 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the movie 'Silence of the Lambs', Hannibal Lecter has some sketches on a table when Clarice comes for a visit. He mentions in passing that the top sketch is of the "Duomo seen from the Belvedere. Do you know Florence?".

When I was in Florence for my honeymoon, we visited the Boboli Gardens. Next to the garden is a fort called Forte di Belvedere. If you look out over the city from there, you have a great view of the Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore and it's dome, or 'Duomo', which is the same as Lecter's sketch:

I caught that one.

Florence rocks.

Indeed it does...one of my favorites!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top