Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 9:19:38 AM EDT
When the government or an employer takes advantage of us, guys refer to being "bent over". Obviously a reference to being treated in a degrading manner. Sometimes this degrading act is referred to by the phrases such as, "bring the lube," or, "grab your ankles," etc.

Yet at the same time many of these same men suggest sticking it (somewhere) and posting pics as if it's a desireable thing as long as it involves a woman on the receiving end.

Does anyone else here see the inconsistancy?

Is it supposed to be degrading to men because of the obvious homosexual context and not degrading to women because of the hetero context? Or is it degrading accross the board and some people advocate degrading women?

No, I'm not losing sleep over this. Just an observation I figured I'd bring up.

Edited to appease the spelling nazis.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:22:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#2]
sodomy, not just for homosexuals anymore
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:24:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
When the government or an employer takes advantage of us, guys refer to being "bent over".  Obviously a reference to being treated in a degrading manner.  Sometimes this degrading act is referred to by the phrases such as, "bring the lube," or, "grab your ankles," etc.

Yet at the same time many of these same men suggest sticking it (somewhere) and posting pics as if it's a desireable thing as long as it involves a woman on the receiving end.

Does anyone else here see the inconsistancy?

Is it supposed to be degrading to men because of the obvious homosexual context and not degrading to women because of the hetero context?  Or is it degrading accross the board and some people advocate degrading women?

No, I'm not loosing sleep over this.  Just an observation I figured I'd bring up.

I've asked the same (basically) question anytime a gay thread rears it's ugly head.  Somehow it's degrading and disgusting and immoral when anal is brought up in THAT thread.

But a guy will slap another guy on the back and say "good show!" when a woman is involved, and yes, prompt him to Post pics.

Go figure.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:32:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Women can be  bent over, bring the lube, grab the ankles and assume the position. And have nothing to do with anal sex.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:34:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:35:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No, I'm not loosing sleep over this. Just an observation I figured I'd bring up.

Loost sleep is a terrible thing!

Yeah, once your sleep gets loose, you can't ever get it back in the container...I had a sleeping
bag like that once......
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:36:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Women can be  bent over, bring the lube, grab the ankles and assume the position. And have nothing to do with anal sex.

Very true.  But you and I both know where guys frequently suggested "sticking it" on this site.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:37:52 AM EDT
[#9]
And the problem is....
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very true.  But you and I both know where guys frequently suggest "sticking it" on this site.

Maybe where this thred should be stuck?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:39:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I agree. It's beyond me. Many of the people on this board who would gladly accept a handjob or blowjob from their wives or girlfriends recoil in disgust at the thought of giving a handjob or blowjob. The inconsistency boggles the mind.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very true.  But you and I both know where guys frequently suggest "sticking it" on this site.

That's because most who say that have homosexaual tendencies and secretly want it done to them instead.

ETA: Notice they all want pics of a dick in the ass.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:40:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I agree. It's beyond me. Many of the people on this board who would gladly accept a handjob or blowjob from their wives or girlfriends recoil in disgust at the thought of giving a handjob or blowjob. The inconsistency boggles the mind.

Uhhh...heh. My sacasm detector is broken, right? RIGHT?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I know where you're going with that.

I'm not advocating homosexuality.  My question is whether it's supposed to be degrading or not?  Or is there an exception as long as a woman is on the receiving end?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#15]
There is a prfoundly monumenatl difference between "  Taking it up the ***" when referring to work, or telling someone to "Stick it in th........ and pos.........." Or if one guy says to another " Shove it up yer arse".  Its meant as a degradation either way.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:43:15 AM EDT
[#16]
I imagine there is a big difference between forcible sodomy and consensual pooper-poking.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:44:43 AM EDT
[#17]
It probably has something to do with "receiving". Women by nature receive. Men by nature give. If I have to go further into this I will but will stick to generalities for now.  

Same reason that homosexual men are often viewed as weak. They receive (or date men who do receive), and that makes then feminine - which in many men's minds, makes them weak. That many of them act effete and lisp and whatnot doesn't help. (this is an observation, nobody take offense).

The pooper stuff is probably for degradation purposes only. Unless your wife digs it, in which case, enjoy.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:44:54 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I imagine there is a big difference between forcible sodomy and consensual pooper-poking.

True.  There is definately a difference between rape and consensual sex.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#19]
macman37,

You've probably hit the nail on the head.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Is it supposed to be degrading to men because of the obvious homosexual context and not degrading to women because of the hetero context

Ding Ding Ding.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not advocating homosexuality.  My question is whether it's supposed to be degrading or not?  Or is there an exception as long as a woman is on the receiving end?

It's not degrading when a woman is on the receiving end. It's degrading when a man is on the receiving end.

You'll note that women aren't going around saying "My employer fucked me in the ass". Guys say that. You'll also note that gay men don't make a habit out of saying it, for obvious reasons. There's no double standard, or an inconsistency. You're thinking too hard.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not degrading when a woman is on the receiving end. It's degrading when a man is on the receiving end.

You'll note that women aren't going around saying "My employer fucked me in the ass". Guys say that. You'll also note that gay men don't make a habit out of saying it, for obvious reasons. There's no double standard, or an inconsistency. You're thinking too hard.

No, it's just been a slow morning and I was in a thoughtful mood.  You've all cured me of that now.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uhhh...heh. My sacasm detector is broken, right? RIGHT?

It's broken. Here's the point: straight men, homosexual men, and women are not the same as regards these things. If you boned me in the pooper, I would find it very distressing and undignified, because it ain't my cup of tea. The act is not inherently degrading. There's nothing degrading (except maybe in an S&M kind of way) about sodomizing someone who likes it.

Think of it this way: giving your bedridden 85 year-old grandfather a sponge bath is not degrading for either one of you; it is in fact a moving act of filial piety. Giving your 42 year-old bowling buddy Frank a sponge bath because you both like it is gay. Giving your 42 year-old bowling buddy Frank a sponge bath because he has video of you installing a homemade Lightning Link in your AK and then shooting it FA and will turn you in to the feds unless he gets a spongebath is degrading.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:54:53 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
When the government or an employer takes advantage of us, guys refer to being "bent over".

better look around.........just about anybody can  take advantage of you, or "stick"  it to you, it isn't just limited to the gov't or a employer......I'm sure you got "stuck" good by friends, family, internet deals, and you probably even didn't  get a reach around
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top