Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 10:44:03 PM EDT
Me; 60-someting posts.  Another few (no names): in excess of 10,000, one has 17,000 posts, all in two or three years. WTF? Been called a newbie, troll, etc., for lack of posting.  I can't average it out, but that's a lot of time behind the keyboard.  DISCUSSION POINT: Internet the new social gathering hole?

BTW, before it gets started, no offense to anyone.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#1]
yep, get use too it
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:45:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Some people need to get out more, perhaps?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:01:42 AM EDT
[#3]
See competitive people part one!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:05:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Its probably not about competition...I more lies in "nothing better to do." And some folks do have different priorities, which may seem misguided to you and I, yet perfectly clear to the individual.

I tend to think of this place as reading a book. Reading at the same time the author writes it all out. There is a vast wealth of knowledge here and the potential for learning is great because if you have a question- asking is only a few clicks away. Its an information boom, which is highly addicting to me. And most of my posts are all replies to others posts because I try and give back a little bit of my wisdom and knowledge or simply help answer a question.

So maybe the issue isnt competitive people but rather something on your end. Are you doing your part? Take a look at what you get from here and take a look at what you return. Are they equal?

Your 60 posts may be quality posts and you should be proud of that, however this is a point system not a value system. As of now you have very little crediblity yet you have been around awhile- so you are probably mearly a lurker. Get involved and ask and answer questions- I have and have never hade a question go unanswerd.

Look no further than yourself for the answers that you need and will find an endless supply of unanswered questions. Help others with their questions any you will be wealthy with answers.

Gaspain
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:51:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I find this kinda thing humorous too. On some fourms where I've been a member for well over 2 years I've got less than 300 posts, all of which are *good* posts and get called troll and newbie by some tool who's been around for less than a year with 7k+. First thing I do before I bust out the flame thrower is check the registration date.

Why do some people have so many posts? Find the people well into the 10k's and look at the substance of their posts. Usually consists of 4 letter words and all of them something a 5 year old would be considered intelligent for doing. AKA it's verbal diaherria. Also many of said posts tend to be in the general/off topic part of the forum in question where useless crap can be talked about with little to no consequences.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:56:13 AM EDT
[#6]
STFU you damn NEWBIE!

Dont talk untill we tell you to talk!

Got it Bucko???

SGtar15
PS  Welcome
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:59:26 AM EDT
[#7]
+1

Quoted:
STFU you damn NEWBIE!

Dont talk untill we tell you to talk!

Got it Bucko???

SGtar15
PS  Welcome

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:08:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:19:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Never mind sgtar15. He forgets to take his Midol every now and then. He's harmless.

Just make sure you don't bring any dolls, aka GI JOEs around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top