BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2014 6:19:38 AM EDT
Please go to 192.168.100.1

Click on the HELP tab.

Post the firmware version and date.

Post if you rent or own your modem.

Thank you.  It appears customer owned sb6141s do not get firmware updates, but the rented ones do.
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 7:58:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Here is my firmware version:

Model Name: SB6141
Vendor Name: Motorola
Firmware Name: SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.10-SCM00-NOSH
Boot Version: PSPU-Boot(25CLK) 1.0.12.18m3
Hardware Version: 7.0
Serial Number: 374781329921945010020022
Firmware Build Time: Oct 29 2012 18:07:13

Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Model Name: SB6121
Firmware Name: SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.3-SCM03-NOSH
Boot Version: PSPU-Boot(25CLK) 1.0.12.
Hardware Version: 5.0
Serial Number: XXX
Firmware Build Time: Aug 18 2011 10:27:53
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 10:16:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 3:53:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your firmware is base on the amount that the cable company is going to throttle your speed/demand on the loop you are connect to, and why the updates/firmware is done by the cable company instead.  So the question comes down to who your carrier is, and if they push updates to modems, of if you have physically take the modem to them to update the firmware when needed instead.

Comcast will push the update over the internet, while TWA does not.

And no, Motorola doesn't release firmware updates to the public, so don't bother trying to looking for such.  The updates are carrier specific, and why its the carrier that will do the updates when needed instead.

View Quote

Yes, all of this.  I own my SB6141.  I was curious if I bought one that had been on the shelf for a long time that was running "old" stock firmware.

I also know comcast won't push firmware updates to modems they don't own.

Long story short;  My internet reliability has been 90 - 95 % up for the last 6 weeks.  Swapped the old SB51501 surfboard for the SB6141.  No dice.  Had CC cable guys in the house 4-5 times "cleaning up the wiring".  No matter how much I bitched (Or showed that the neighbors are having the same unreliability issues), I couldn't convince them that the problem was at the node. I gave up.  Leased a Cisco modem from them.  It has been solid for the last 36 hours.  $84/year for not jumping thru my @$$, being on hold with tech support, having to take an afternoon off to let them in...

Bitched to a member of the "Executive customer support team" via email.  They refunded 6 weeks worth of interweb service. (So that pays for the lease for awhile, at least)

Lesson: Sometimes, you gotta pay more to play reliably.

[/thread]
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 8:13:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When you swapped modems, the new modem should have not worked until it was registered to your account (with the old one deleted).

This should have just taken a phone call to your internet provider to clear your account of the old modem mac address first, then plugging in the new modem doing the standard first time log into the provider to register the new modem mac address to the account next (or you give them the information over the phone and they can insert it that way instead).  During the new registration of the modem mac address to the account, this is when the provider will push the needed firmware to adjust the speed of the  new modem being registered to your account for what you are paying for.

As for if you think that the firmware is well outdated, then just do a hard reset on the modem to set the firmware back to factory, turn the modem off, then back on and let it reconnect to the provider.  During the initialization of the modem to the provider, it will flag that the modem needs updated firmware, and the firmware will be updated automatically on the initialization to the provider.
View Quote

This was done.  SB5101 deleted from account.  SB6141 added. Did a hard reset under 192.168.100.1 .
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 7:46:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Model Name: SB6141
Firmware Name: SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.12-SCM00-NOSH
Boot Version: PSPU-Boot(25CLK) 1.0.12.18m3
Hardware Version: 7.0
Serial Number: xxxxx
Firmware Build Time: Mar 12 2013 17:48:19

I own this one. The firmware did change a couple days after I installed it.
I have a file somewhere with the out of box versions, if you want it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Also, forgot to say this is on Time Warner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top