Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 6:19:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 6:19:10 PM EST by Lancelot]
I have an upper(barrel and upper, no bcg) for sale and some one from Canada has contacted me about buying it. what are the legal implications/ procedures for shipping it to Canada?

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:14:33 PM EST
I would not...ITAR regulations and such.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:32:56 PM EST
That would be exporting firearm parts with out a license.

I would say NO.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:07:43 AM EST
No problem with the Canadian side. Big problem with ITAR . The US side makes you jump through hoops and paperwork. Takes forever as well. Some items such as flash hiders , shorter than 16" barrels etc are not exportable form the US ( unless end user is mil / LE )

Not worth the BS
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 10:22:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/18/2009 10:23:46 AM EST by brickeyee]
Do a search on 'ITAR' (International Traffic in Arms Regulations).

The State Department runs a nice site.
It is a real PITA to make sure something is not covered.

Things that would appear fine (like barrels) are named in the law as restricted, and plenty of other things with military uses.

There is a reason exporters earn $$ to get the required license and get things out.

Top Top