Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2009 3:58:28 PM EDT
Simple question....

Can guns be banned from toll roads since they are not state owned?

What about state owned leased roads or private roads?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure that the state still owns toll roads even though another entity(private company) manages it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:32:35 PM EDT
[#2]
concealed means concealed
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#3]
If they are "privately" owned then police would have no jurisdiction for traffic control or tickets.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I know problems have arrived with parking garages....so what about roads?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:55:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If they are "privately" owned then police would have no jurisdiction for traffic control or tickets.

Virginia has a privately owned and operated toll road. [ http://www.dullesgreenway.com/ ] They have an agreement with the state patrol to for speeders.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Virginia has a privately owned and operated toll road. [ http://www.dullesgreenway.com/ ] They have an agreement with the state patrol to for speeders.

Everybody gets theirs that way.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Car is an extensive of your home, but that doens't work with chicago.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:46:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure that the state still owns toll roads even though another entity(private company) manages it.

Not necessarily, depends on the state and the contract.  Some contracts are from management only after constructing, with the state owning the road.  Some contracts, the company owns the road until the end of the contract.  And some (for example) the owning agency is a special district, the toll roads in Orange County fall into this category, or at least the initial RFP and contract were that way.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:48:03 AM EDT
[#9]
privately owned toll roads piss me mostly because it means the government needed money because of piss poor management/money skills
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:48:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Try again.  Depends on the state laws, but in all the cases I am aware of, and that's about 20, the state laws enabling the roads included jurisdiction to the state or county for law enforcement.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:56:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
concealed means concealed

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top